1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Hearthstone discussion

Discussion in 'Gaming Arena' started by Tiberius, Aug 7, 2013.

1. Tiberius

Tiberius Cupcake-About-Town

It's that time again! Yup, another anticipated game is hitting Closed Beta soon, none other than Blizzard's own Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft. Start checking your email soon. We don't have a start date (as it's CBT), but the plan is to release the full game by the end of summer, so beta ahoy!

The goal of Blizzard's "Team 5" is to start creating smaller experimental projects on a shorter and more reliable schedule. In this case, Hearthstone is an Online CCG (customizable card game) based of World of Warcraft heroes, characters, abilities, professions, and zones.

If you haven't signed up for the Beta yet, you can do so here:
    http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/
  2. Konoko

Konoko Cupcake-About-Town

What a titanic joke.. On every level.
  3. Haversham

Haversham Cupcake-About-Town

I think it could be fun. I ride the train every day to work, so this may end up being something to keep my mind busy on the commute.
  4. Mellkor

Mellkor Well-Known Cupcake

I think there is a huge market for "mobile" games. Big companies (especially mmo companies) are thinking it would be less risky, and more profitable to tap these smaller projects.
  5. Smedly

Smedly Cupcake

I didn't like the whole idea but I can understand why Blizz are doing this.

I'd prefer it alot more if they'd concentrate more on getting patches out quicker. I swear to god if they announce the Diablo Expansion or something stupid at Blizzcon and not Titan i'll cry :cry:
  6. jbeezy

jbeezy New Cupcake

No android support is a massive fail.
  7. B00TE

B00TE Cupcake-About-Town

Interested in this, what I saw at PAX East was neat. Not sure I would have given the game a second thought otherwise, having been done with WoW a long time ago.
  8. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

I'm personally interested in this aswell, as someone who loved TCG's and as someone who played most ''Yu-Gi-Oh'' games and yu-gi-oh IRL (My brother worked for the company so we had all the best cards, and the most rare ones, I beat the <REDACTED> outta people :D).

But this is seriously looking pretty nice, specially that fight of the ''shaman vs Mage'' Although i'm looking forward to seeing the Priest hero a bit more in action :up:

But my main question will be.

What will the costs be?
    Any1 has any info about the costs of this game? I'm not really into it, but once it's out i'm most deffinately wanna go play it ;)
  9. Tiberius

This is exactly why Team 5 was created, to test the limits on whether Blizzard could start to make smaller games in a more timely manner. When it was first announced they specified it was coming out IRL soon, not Blizzard soon.

Just because you think it's stupid doesn't mean no one else is excited. To each their own!

I hate to break it to you, but they just announced the new Diablo expansion this week. Cinematics and voice recording are almost done for SC2: Legacy of the Void as well, so I expect that to be annouced. As for Titan, it was announced last week that they were going all the way back to the drawing board for that one. The market has changed drastically since they started designing it almsot 10 years ago :\

That was the attitude that most people gave it when it was first announced. Blizzard's "Big Reveal" at that convention was met with a giant sigh of disappointment by fans. As soon as people played it however they all started freaking out. It's just about everything people like in Warcraft games, but without any time commitment!

</wall of text>
  10. Tiberius

It's going to be F2P! All cards are obtained through randomized booster packs or won in The Arena, which follows standard draft-style tournament rules. You can brute force backs by using $, but we don't have to get angry about "not having that ONE card and wasting a ton of money getting it" because everything can be disenchanted to arcane dust and then remolded into the card desired. Obviously rare/legendary cards require a metric butt ton of dust, but it takes out most of the pain of random boosters.
    Dysp and Extatica like this.
  11. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Thanks a lot! That reduces my concerns :up:
  12. Konoko

Konoko Cupcake-About-Town

I'm sure some people are excited.
  13. Drarorm

Drarorm Cupcake-About-Town

What he said,
    without the working at the company bit, though I still had some dope cards :sneaky:.
    Extatica likes this.
  14. Inukeu

Inukeu Well-Known Cupcake

yea im also interested in this game been watching gameplay vids of youtube and I also used to play Yu-gi-oh irl I had a six samarai deck fun times :)
  15. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Which of the 6 classes do you think you'll like most?

I really like the Shaman/Paladin/Druid so far!
    And looking forward to the priest vs hunter match!

The Warrior/Mage...not so much, neither the rogue.
  16. Inukeu

Inukeu Well-Known Cupcake

I quite like the Warlock he has some mean spells and some interesting summoning mechanics and if it all goes wrong.... "I summon Lord Jarraxis!"
  17. Dysp

Dysp Cupcake-About-Town

When this game was announced I was a little surprised, but honestly, I love card/turn-based/tactics games, so I'm quite excited to try it out. I've even tried to make my own card game once, but I ended up getting lost in my own devised mechanics.. Anyhoo.. this game could be very fun.

Wait, was this re-announced? ..like a second restart, or was this just an elaboration/formal announcement? I remember last year thinking, "yep, this is the year they'll finally announce Titan at Blizzcon." ..then there was no Blizzcon. At this point it's not that I want to necessarily play the game, it's that I want to see what ideas they have for a next-gen MMO. Being the top dog in MMOs, they should have the most freedom for development, but maybe that's an inaccurate assumption.
  18. Smedly

Smedly Cupcake

I said Blizzcon, not now! :p
  19. Tiberius

Seeing as they've officially scrapped all existing resources for Titan 2.0, it will be several years before they release more information. As of right now Titan is back to pre-preproduction. All your worst fears are true :(
  20. Drarorm

Drarorm Cupcake-About-Town

All this streams on twitch look dope, I really want to play ^^. Warlock seems really interesting :up:.
    Also just noticed title is Hearths(t)one :D.