1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Hearthstone discussion

Discussion in 'Gaming Arena' started by Tiberius, Aug 7, 2013.

1. Eternalfootman

Eternalfootman Cupcake-About-Town

idk I would say vaporize, spellbender, counterspell, and mirror image can be quite powerful in the right deck. They all just require proper timing, and you have to know what the class your playing against has at their disposal at different mana crystal lvls.
    Yea I agree I think enrage decks are quite strong, though require quite a bit of synergy. I've also seen some pretty beastly weapon/pump up decks for the warrior.

As for the priest. Yea I agree all the removal was necessary. I just never like playing against priests, something about getting my cards copied and used against me bugs me x_x . But you can pull off some crazy plays as priest for sure.
  2. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

But it's so easy to counter those secrets so that they are either useless or way weaker then normal.

My main concern with those Secret decks is how easy it is to fight against them. They only win if you don't know what those secrets can do....i've fought many secret decks.....but they aren't strong in my experience/opinion. Yes ofcourse if they draw the right cards at the right time they can be strong, but that's with every deck. Overall I just don't find them strong.

Specially Mirror Entity and Vaporise are easily avoidable with weaker creatures. The others are nice though.

But which class do you guys find is the weakest atm?
  3. Eternalfootman

Tough call I find all the classes are fairly well balanced now. If I had to pick a class as the weakest, it would probably be a toss up between pally and shaman. My fav. classes to play right now are probably druid, warlock, and warrior.
  4. Inukeu

Inukeu Well-Known Cupcake

apologies if its a necro...

Halp! im addicted to this now... my deck is a Warlock Jaraxxus focused deck with late game big hitters and alot of trouble makers to keep people ocupied until I get there unfortunately its kinda bad (struggling in the ladder) lol but it is fun watching people go "OH F!" when jaraxxus pops out and they spam everything they have only for me to wipe the board with Twisting Nether and start rocking out with the big hitters :roflamo:
  5. ImpactHound

ImpactHound Cupcake-About-Town

Obligatory
    Inukeu likes this.
  6. Inukeu

thanks for that, just waking up and finding this waiting for me, Epic :eek::roflamo:
  7. ImpactHound

For being such a "simple game," it certainly has a lot of interesting combos and turn-arounds to be watchable. I like Magic, but in the digital space this walks all over anything Hasbro/Wizards has put out(and that's a shame:oops:)

Can't wait for the mobile versions this summer, it's going to be HUGE on tablets and phones!
  8. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

One of the more funny games i've watched, trust me this one is just awesome! (skip to 7:00 for the real action)

Also I can't wait to play it under classes in school :D
  9. ImpactHound

That was pretty good. The battlecry with clones is pretty inconsistent sometimes, you expect something to happen and it doesn't, which is pretty exciting with some of the traps and secrets. I didn't realize that if you top out your mana crystals over 10(usually with druid abilities) that they're immediately converted into a card draw.
  10. Convicted

Convicted Super Cupcake

Ok, I just got the open beta for this and I'm confused about something.

I see all these videos where when you start the game you get the screen where you can "Practice", or do "Arena" or go to the store and buy decks, or build your set...etc.

When I start the game, I only have the choice to go directly into a mission against an AI or quit the game, is that all thats available to the open beta players?
  11. Inukeu

you have to clear the tutorials first before you can play propper
  12. Convicted

Convicted Super Cupcake

Ok, thanks I just did that and it opened up all those other options. Only lost once to Hemit and beat cheating Illidan the first time, man that guy is such a cheater.
  13. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

You can never trust a demon ;)
  14. Convicted

Convicted Super Cupcake

Had another question, is it normal for players with basic cards to be matched up with players with legendary or high quality cards? ( for un-ranked - the "Play" option not Arena )
  15. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

It happens all the time.....weither it is ''normal''......I don't know, but it isn't exactly ''strange'' ;)
  16. Eternalfootman

The matchmaking system takes into account you're mmr(match making rating) based on wins and loses. It would take some doing to check the players deck for legendaries before connecting to a match. Hmm though what would be an interesting option is having two different types of play modes, one for non-legendary decks and one for decks that have em'. The system could check when you enter the mode and then the same systems could be applied from there.
  17. Eternalfootman

P.S.: If anyone is down for a few games sometime add me! EternalFtmn#1483 XD
  18. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

OMG that name lol :D
  19. Eternalfootman

I know! lol blizzard and it's 12 character limit >_> . O well just have to wait till' they offer a name change(in the year 215,155 AD probably).
  20. sarayne

sarayne New Cupcake

I suck at this game but I've been getting better slowly :(