1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Hearthstone discussion

Discussion in 'Gaming Arena' started by Tiberius, Aug 7, 2013.

1. ImpactHound

ImpactHound Cupcake-About-Town

I was watching a friend play arena at my place this weekend and he was a turn from winning as mage, had frozen a big minion and the enemy player silenced the biggie with an owl to unfreeze it and died taking 6 to the face. Had never thought to use silence in that way before, and I'm 4 months in? :confused: Happened a second time in the same arena, I was shocked.
  2. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Ever used silence on your ragnarok to make sure you can hit him with 8 to the face with a 100% certaincy because he just spawned around 4-5 minions in 1 turn (non taunts)???

Also buffing up a stone watcher (with taunt aswell) is awesome, if they silence him he still get's the ability to attack :D

Silence has so much uses.

It once saved my Alexstrasa from that stupid hex, thank God that he didn't had enough crystals left to finish it off.....so I could silence it back ;)

I myself aint really into the ''return a minion to your hand'' tricks, but i've seen a couple of neat ones aswell (Alexstrasa x2....omg once to get my life down with 10 and another to get his up with 7...)
    Ancestral Spirit tricks are the best though :up:
  3. ImpactHound

I like that idea with Stone Watcher, I've never used it myself and rarely seen it in druid decks. Two lame cards that are OK together!
  4. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Ancestral Spirit'ed Cairne = a real problem for priest (since he can't be shadow worded).
    4 creatures that can't be shadow worded with 2 cards.....GL with that! (only seen it happen once though)

Ps: what are your 3 favorite monster cards in this game? (don't have to be the srongest!)
    Mine are:
    Ysera, my second most favorite Dragon aspect in Lore etc. and her effect is just Godlike and opens up so many possibilities for combo's! It's a real DREAMCARD! :sleep:
    Cairne, do I even have to say why he's so awesome? His board control is just epic and with ancestral Spirit your enemies are awed by his path of destruction.
    Faceless Manipulator, I mean......he's just.......he's just a 5 crystal cost Epic creature! Just copying a 9-10 crystal creature gives you such a good feeling! Double that feeling when you copy a Ragnarok and he kills the Rag from the enemy with his effect :p Triple it if you do THIS!
    Al'Akir, honorable mentioning for he just safed my ass so many times :up: + he's just awesome, 5 effects on 1 card! :cool:
  5. ImpactHound

I'd say Twilight Drake, because it's so big for its cost and so flexible.
    Demolisher for the fun & useful randomness
    and Harrison Jones for making whipcrack noises when he attacks, besides eating weapons.
  6. Inukeu

Inukeu Well-Known Cupcake

my favourite card...

"YOU FACE JARAXXUS, ERADAR LORD OF THE BURNING LEGION!" (turned my games around so many times but my deck is built around him and board wipe/control)
  7. Eternalfootman

Eternalfootman Cupcake-About-Town

I would have to say malygos. Too fun in spell power decks(which is what I run half the time).
  8. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

So guys and girls, which card in heartstone do you think could use some love (a change)?

For that would be Nozdormu, it's effect is too weak or his cost too high for it. I wish they would change his effect and make him viable in some decks (mayby non-rush decks).
  9. Eternalfootman

Eternalfootman Cupcake-About-Town

Definitely agree there, Nozdormu needs a change. I would say lore walker cho as well. Both of those are probably some of the least played legendaries.

On the non-lengendary side, hmm maybe magma rager. A 5/1 isn't all that useable imo.
  10. Reb

Reb New Cupcake

Half the Priest cards. Most Priest cards are reactive only to very specific circumstances. 2-1/blow-out card shadow madness and holy nova are great for winnies, but priest have no 1 card answer to common 4 atk minions which is ridiculous.
    Would be hilarious if they changed Cabal Priestess to affect only 4 drops. :)
  11. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

TBH I like that little weakness of the priest, the 4 attacks card. If you keep that in mind you know when NOT to boost your creatures and there is the difference between good/bad players. I've seen plenty of peeps making a monster till 10 attack only to be met with a instant removal and saying ''good play''.....:cautious:

As a class the priest could use some love atm, true. But i'm still more waiting for the Monk/DK decks, seeing as how the Arthas card is even in the trailer of heartstone.

Mayby the priest would be stronger vs those decks....who knows.
  12. Reb

Reb New Cupcake

game needs to be fixed in its current state before they add more. Because 4 atk minions r staples, priest r the weakest class. blizzard no fix = forsaking an entire class.