1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Hello all!

Discussion in 'Personal Introductions' started by Sybylum, Mar 18, 2014.

1. Sybylum

Sybylum New Cupcake

Been following Wildstar decently close for about a month now, really looking forward to the game.
    I plan on playing a Chua Esper for DPS, and maybe a Mordesh for DPS/Healing. I'm a US player, by the way. Overall, I think this game has quite a bit of potential, although I do think having the uniform $15 a month subscription could hurt it. CREDD seems alright, although I could really see the economy being screwed up if it's handled in a bad way. I have absolutely no issue with the subscription fee, but a lot of friends and acquaintances of mine have refused to even try the game as they feel they will get "too attached" and that it's too expensive. Personally, I think a $10 sub fee wouldn't make a huge amount of a difference, but seeing as it a newer MMO, compared to powerhouses like WoW, a lower sub-fee could sway some people over.

Anyways, that's just my take on some stuff, overall I think the game is great, especially PvP. The graphics and humor is nice; almost reminiscent of BL2, but in a less serious way, and a larger world. I love that Carbine is keeping core aspects of MMOs that many new MMOs try to "revolutionize". I think in the long run keeping features that people love, such as the concrete "Role Trinity", (DPS-Tank-Healer) will get many more dedicated players. I feel Carbine is changing areas that classic MMOs tend to fail in, such as an emphasis on movement, feeling more in control of your character, and having loads of customization options, in terms of character builds, but at the same time, a limited set so you have set room to work with.

I look forward to what this game has to offer, and from what I've seen so far this forum has a great community and I look forward to many more posts in the future!
  2. Kataryna

Kataryna Super Cupcake

Official Random Kat Welcome Welcome! :D
    Enjoy your stay here at WSC! :)
  3. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Welcome to the WSC family, hope you'll enjoy it in here as much as I do :D
  4. Kaeret

Kaeret New Cupcake

Welcome to the forum, Sybylum.

I agree with the opinion of the game having quite a bit of potential. I too am a little unsure just how the CREDD system will go. I suppose we will just have to see it in action over a period of time before we can make any solid judgements.

As for them lowering the sub-fee just because they are a new game, rather than an established icon such as WoW, I would have to disagree. If our opinion that WildStar has great potential does in fact prove fruitful, in the respect that you yourself say they seem to be expanding/improving upon existing standards for MMO's, that would imply that they at least have the possibility of being, dare I say, a "superior" product in the long run, or if nothing else, no less than an equal to the current giants of the day. For them to offer such at a reduced price, merely to pad the numbers at the start, would that not be kind of counter-intuitive? And worse, if they then decided to up the price later once it's been made clear to all of those who were unsure/doubting that they do in fact have a product equal to/better than what is already out there?

Better if they ask the price they feel it actually worth right from the start (which I feel is a fair price for the amount of time I plan to spend playing it). If worse come to worse, and WildStar doesn't turn out to be the hit we all believe/hope it to be, then they always have the option of reducing the cost.

Your friends and acquaintances will just have to decide for themselves if they want to "play it safe" and wait till WildStar has firmly established itself as what they deem to be worthwhile or not.

Me, I'm gonna take the plunge. ;)
    Sybylum likes this.
  5. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

I also say:
    [​IMG]
    Sybylum likes this.