1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Hello :D

Discussion in 'Personal Introductions' started by Neo Android, Feb 12, 2014.

1. Neo Android

Neo Android New Cupcake

Hello,

Hmm...i usually dont do these type of introductions because i get very shy. But here it goes anyway lol

WildStar Core instructed me to join to find a friendly mature community, i would love to join a guild however i have no idea what i want to play as yet no key as many others im guessing.

Im a gamer, i have played MMOS for almost 10 years now FFXI/GW1/GW2/Aion/Tera, currently im really enjoying Final Fantasy XIV ARR but im waiting to get a key so i can switch over and Wildstar be my main game.

I like the look of Esper and Spellslinger gameplay wise, i have been told there basically similar but i said i was gonna try them and decide for myself. Similar to how i love the "sexy" look of the Cassians but i have been told that you could basically make the same for the exiles human.

Myself:

I am Male since that always seems to be asked first :p And im 23, studying Forensic Psychology and Criminal Psychology, life wise not much to say other than its been a tough life but best be positive online since its the only place you can forget everything around you :)

My Name is Stuart, i always create female characters so dont get confused haha (happened many times in XIV ARR so far)

Anyway i'll stop rambling.

Its nice to meet you all :)
  2. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Welcome to the WSC family, hope you'll enjoy it in here as much as I do :D

If you have any lore questions feel free to ask me, anytime :up:
    I don't know who told you this, but i'd hit them in the face :p the only real similarity they have is that their damage is mostly magical and that they both have the DPS/heal roles and that they are both range.

Gameplay-wise not that much the same tbh.....you have to act differently with each class.
  3. Neo Android

Neo Android New Cupcake

Thanks alot and ill make sure to do that :)

And yeah they said that i think it was even in an article i'll have to find it. I think its the whole "how people perceive" something, since as you said there both magical dps.

I guess i need to play both whenever i even try and get a key ^^

I have a question on starting zones, is it the same starting area for both factions? or as my friend whos interested wants to know is it "open pvp" similar to Aion?

And im really interested in how the Cassians and Humans were separated and what lore they used to separate them, since it must of been hard to separate them as they're both essentially the same "race"
  4. Kataryna

Kataryna Super Cupcake

Official Random Kat Welcome Welcome! :D
    Enjoy your stay here at WSC! :)
  5. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

oh NOES!!!! Noway the Dominion or the Exiles start in the same place, lol. That'd be war immediatly!

There are even different starting area's within each faction!! (good thing!)

I don't know that much about Aion, but they have contested area's and you can play on PvP servers. It's more alike WoW with this. Even the beginning area's are safe like in WoW.
    That was in 1378 AE, and it's now the year of 1665 AE.
  6. Neo Android

Neo Android New Cupcake

Oh i see thats intresting, im hoping to get a key now been trying since october november lol My other question is: Game wise, are the groups full separated bar for say 1 map? Im interested into see how this is handled or do we both go on the same maps/areas of nexus and then when we spot another its a free for all ^^?
  7. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

I don't know if i'm getting that question 100% but i'll give an answer to what I think the question means anyway :D

Here is a nice overview of how many regions there are:
    http://www.wildstar-online.com/uk/the-game/regions/It's basically 2 big maps (huge islands) + a lot of space area's that you'll be visiting.

Those that are contested contain quests for BOTH factions (although still a bit different quests). You'll get those quests at your town/village/city in that region.
    So there are some regions that are overlapping eachother in terms of the factions an if you are on a PvP server then you could try to kill them anytime when in a contested region.

In regions that are of that faction this may prove to be difficult since they are under a protection that you can't kill them (this makes sure you aint going back to the begin town and kill all newbies/lowbies).

If you don't want to get attacked by the enemy I suggest rolling a PvE server though.

Did I answer/understood your question correctly? :confused:
  8. Neo Android

Neo Android New Cupcake

One thing i hated from Aion was that you could get ganked by anyone when you were alone etc, i was hoping Wild Star was different and it seems so you did answer my question greatly ^^ I will roll on a PvE server, since i'm not a huge PvP (only when i'm needed, not a fan of it at all tbh). So on a PvE server we co-exist neturally? Like is there a chance to see one of the others?

im sorry about the questions im not great at wording but thanks for sticking with it. Is there a popular side yet (usually happens), im stuck because i like Cassiassn's look on the artwork but i also like Aurin and Chua
  9. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Some polls suggest that the Exiles are a tiny bit more popular (only because of the Aurins).
    Neo Android likes this.
  10. Alenaar

Alenaar Cupcake

Hello Stuart! Are you female?

No..seriously. Welcome ^^
    Neo Android likes this.
  11. Neo Android

Neo Android New Cupcake

Oh yeah thanks for all the welcomes :)

So if i roll a PvE server and im in a contested area i dont have to fight the other side to say do a certain quest? Sorry im getting confused, i think this fansite im reading is translated and not correct. And Yeah Aurins look awesome. What are you going for because you have Nutty Chua in your sig ^^
  12. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

I'll PM you with a better explaination of the area's and what it means to be in a PvP/PvE server. But I have work first.....so can you wait for 12 hours? I'll PM you when I get back. Now I first have to strike fear into the hearts of little children!!! (i'm a teacher :D)

Ps: Chua all the way! (although i'll have an Exile and Dominion character eventually just for the sake of doing all quests and collecting ALL lore)