1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Hello! Found this late...

Discussion in 'Personal Introductions' started by Hexamus, Jan 27, 2014.

1. Hexamus

Hexamus New Cupcake

Hello, everyone!

I found the intro page a bit late so just here to mostly say hello. I'm more commonly known as Hexamus to people I game so... Guess I'll introduce myself as that.

I've been playing MMORPGs starting with Ultima Online (Not the very beginning of Ultima!) back when I was in middle school-high school. I've since progressed to Anarchy Online, Dark Ages, Final Fantasy XI, and then finally settled down with WoW for a few years. Every since WoW lost its appeal and unable to stand for the many mistakes Blizzard has made I've been a wanderer mostly in MMOs. I currently switch between SWOTOR and Guild Wars 2, both I have been playing since release, but see them as but a past time until Wildstar comes out and hopefully restore my faith in the genre.

I'm also a writer and an advent Role Player! I hope to see some other role players in Wildstar as well!

Well, that is all about me I guess. If you stopped by to read this I thank you for the interest and I hope to see most if not all of you on Nexus!
  2. Kataryna

Kataryna Super Cupcake

Official Random Kat Welcome Welcome! :D
    Enjoy your stay here at WSC! :)
  3. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Welcome to the WSC family, hope you'll enjoy it in here as much as I do :D
    If you got any lore questions feel free to ask anytime :up:

Chosen a faction/race/class yet?
  4. Hexamus

Hexamus New Cupcake

You know, I am reading a lot about the lore and I'm really impressed. What I'm wondering is will a lot show in the actual game? For example, there was a lot of lore in WoW and I am a big fan of the Warcraft universe but none of it was really truly shown for at least two expansions.

So far I want to be an Exile. Aurin. Gunslinger. At least that's what I PLAN on doing. Everything looks so appealing that might change later.
  5. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Wait.....none was shown for atleast two expansions???? I think you kinda missed A LOT of the WoW lore then :p

Unless you get to enter some kind of Eldan device that makes a holographic version of some events the following events will not be in-game because they happend years ago according to the timeline:
    [​IMG]

But there are still so many more things that they can do in-game (lore-wise) some of the most interesting things are to be discovered once we are on Nexus.

(But seriously that statement on WoW's lore.....damn you either missed a lot of don't know you missed a lot)
  6. Hexamus

Hexamus New Cupcake

I guess what I am really trying to say is that unless you were like me a read every quest, the story seemed pretty non-existent. And unless you were a huge endgame raider there wasn't much to see in BC either (except for the Nether Drake and Nagrad quest when Thrall meets Garrosh which was awesome!) I think for many players there wasn't enough to draw you into the story, or at least from the many I've known who felt that it never really took off until Arthas took the stage. There were some things of course like the Isle of Qual'danas that showed up at the end of BC and other minor events I guess. But it wasn't until WotLK that they really started to show their story telling qualities. (Like the awesomeness that was Wrathgate!)

Anyway, thank you for posting this! Always looking to learn more.
  7. Voison

Voison Moderator • Foxy Cupcake

Welcome to WSC. :)
  8. Classix

Classix Cupcake

Yes I even admit the introduction page is elusive one to find.

Welcome and what not.