1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

hello. salut, hoi, shalom, konnichi ha, privet, jambo . . . .

Discussion in 'Personal Introductions' started by Afrotech, Apr 1, 2013.

1. Afrotech

Afrotech Cupcake-About-Town

Greetings all..

So I stumbled across WildStar a couple of months ago and my first thought was that Ratchet & Clank and likely some ex Blizzard developers had gotten together for a weed smo.. err brain-storming session and came up with WildStar.

After watching the Exile, Dominion and introduction videos I was immediately intrigued by the Borderlands-esque dark humor, but still skeptical.

I've been playing MMO's for about 13 years so I have become a bit jaded in my old age and not as quickly excited as I used to be until I saw the "housing" video just recently.

I've been playing SWToR since beta and currently play on Jung Ma since early access.

Housing has consistently been a hot topic that I have been opposed to mostly because of my memories of urban sprawl and abandoned houses littering the landscape in my SWG days.

So when I saw the housing video and the developers simple, but brilliantly creative approach to problem solving I found it difficult to ignore the potential of this thing.

So I have spent the last few days trying to get up to speed on all things WildStar and all the typical and more importantly not so typical game mechanics that I enjoy seem to be in place.

Also as I've lurked about I have been incredibly impressed by the general maturity and good will I have seen within this community...what scorcery is this..where are you hiding your trolls? :cautious:
    I hope it translates to the game as well when it goes live. /fingers crossed

On a side note in regards to character customization particularly hair styles I just want to throw out my suggestion for any of the development team who may be reading.. a request for a Jim Kelly (Enter the Dragon) or Lenny Kravitz cartoonishly large afro or even dread locks would be cool! :cool:

My in-game afro trademark is very important to me and could be great for hiding hold-out weapons, group buffs and such. :D

Game on!

~ AfroTech

2. Kurik

Kurik Super Cupcake

Welcome to WSC! Afro and dread lock options would be fun to have. :)

Afrotech likes this.
  3. Dyraele

Dyraele "That" Cupcake

Welcome! Sit back, relax, and enjoy your stay.

I could see dreadlocks on an Aurin. Make it more tribal like.

Afrotech likes this.
  4. Black Wolf

Black Wolf Super Cupcake

Welcome and have fun!

Afrotech likes this.
  5. Afrotech

Thank you for the welcome!

..ok thats 2 nods for dreadlocks

I'm flexible DreadTech does kind of have a ring to it. :laugh:

6. Honoracy

Honoracy Cupcake-About-Town

"If you post, they will come". There are but a few in my experience. The community is very nice other wise and has great FRIENDLY mods :p.

Welcome though Afro :). Hope to see more of you around the forums and of course NEXUS :D

Afrotech likes this.
  7. Aheadache

Aheadache Well-Known Cupcake

Welcome to the community.

8. Kataryna

Kataryna Super Cupcake

Official Random Kat Welcome Welcome!! :) Enjoy your time here at WSC! :D

Afrotech likes this.
  9. InnocentCivilian

InnocentCivilian "That" Cupcake

Welcome to the Wild(star) side! :)

I hope for your sake that afros are, at some point, put into the game. :p

The housing vid is indeed impressive, but that's just the tip of the iceberg! We still don't have a 'deep dive' into Warplots, or Adventures, or Crafting, or SO MANY OTHER THINGS!

This is only the beginning! ;)

Afrotech likes this.
  10. sendlor

sendlor Cupcake-About-Town

Welcome, welkommen, teretulnud, accueil, powitanie, bine venito ... xD

Afrotech likes this.
  11. Afrotech

Haha.. as I say picture a dashingly handsome spellslinger with a cartoonishly large afro, rockstar shades and an attitude.. dual pistols blazing!

lol ..we shall see :D

Yeah I see they have yet to reveal 2 classes 2 races and haven't given details on the scientist and explorer paths yet among a lot of other info that Carbine is likely carefully rationing out to intentionally drive people mad.

Fear not E3 will be here before you know it and likely a good amount of info since there probably won't be another before launch.

I'm just kind of glad that I came in fashionably late on this party for a change.

I'm fully aware that the anticipation of beta and launch day must be killing you die hard vets who have been here since the beginning.

..and I say better you then me this time :p

12. Eluldor

Eluldor Cupcake-About-Town

Hi there, and I'd like to acknowledge a thoughtful reflection on SWG housing. I've seen several people write off WildStar because the housing isn't open world - throw down a house wherever you please like SWG, but that game was full of player housing ghost towns (and SWG was one of my favorites).

13. Afrotech

Hiya Eluldor yeah SWG brings back a lot of nostalgia I played from launch until about a year in.
    Gone before the dreaded NGE cataclysm.

We had a great community and for the first 6 months we completely ignored all the game breaking bugs because we were in a galaxy far far away and were determined to have fun nomatter how bad the game sucked or how non-existant the content was.

We created our own damn content and had fun we did! :D

I was on Flurry and I rolled a Zabrak bounty hunter named Azrakel I believe I was atleast one of the first 5 master bounty hunters after completing the dreaded investigation tree.

I rolled with another bounty hunter named Swindle and a local friend that I have gamed with for years named Eso.
    Eso was one of the early Jedi unlocks and hopefully I will be able to sell him WildStar as I learn more about the game and we get closer to launch.

Anyway, in regards to your thoughts about housing I have imagined as others have probably come to the same conclusion that the future of MMO's is some balance or mixture of theme park and sandbox.

Give people tried and tested mechanics with some forward thinking surprises and dynamic environments.

Add plenty of customization, opportunity to express themselves and freedom to play their way, but with some limitations and structure in appropriate situations, because there are always going to be people who can't handle total freedom and will abuse it at the expense of others.

In other words exploiters, greivers and trolls.

I'm content with the direction Carbine has gone with housing they eliminated the urban sprawl issue and took housing to a whole new over the top level at the same time.

If this is an example of how Carbine is going to do things then I'm in.

Eluldor likes this.
  14. Chomag

Chomag Cupcake-About-Town

Hi, bub.

15. Afrotech

Welcome Chomag!

Romania wow!

Cool avatar.

16. FelixAkuma

FelixAkuma Cupcake-About-Town

17. sendlor

sendlor Cupcake-About-Town

I am also from Romania :D

Afrotech likes this.
  18. Wreck

Wreck Cupcake-About-Town

Welcome to the best place to be outside of Nexus. :)

Afrotech likes this.
  19. Afrotech

..also Saudi Arabia the UK and the Netherlands :)

I wish there was a way to let all these people play together on one server instead of being broken up into regions.

diversity is good