1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Hello to One and All!

Discussion in 'Personal Introductions' started by Gaddor, Feb 24, 2014.

1. Gaddor

Gaddor New Cupcake

Wanted to do an intro since I have been lurking on the site for a month or so now :)

I have been playing video games for many years now (Getting to be an old fart at 42).

My first MMO experience was Everquest, which is ironic since I had zero knowledge of the MMO genre and was shocked a game had a monthly subscription fee. I saw the game the day it was released when perusing the new arrivals at the Computer City chain (long defunct) and the sales guy convinced me to try it.

Well got hooked and spent many years raiding in EQ up until the second expack (Scars of Vellious). Then I moved with some friends to a few other games (Shadowbane, some Asheron's Call) then settled into Dark Age of Camelot..

Then an old friend I raided with in EQ asked me to join the alpha for World of Warcraft (Which I didn't know anything about). Turns out this friend was newly hired CM for Blizzard and got me hooked in the FFA (Friends & Family Alpha). Talk about a strict NDA, I had to print out a 20+ page document initial each page and send a photo copy of my driver's licence to blizzard to get approval.. And the Alpha client was IP locked so if your ISP changed your IP you had to set your new IP on their account page.

Spent alot of time in Wow until last year (pre MOP), which I left and played some SWTOR until the F2P made me leave (Didn't like the model they used). Went back for MOP which I finished and now play FFXIV currently while waiting for Wildstar..

FFXIV is ok IMO, but it just isn't holding me..

Anyway that was more long winded then I thought it would be hoping to find a home to enjoy all the MMO goodness!

The forum handle I use is from EQ, back then I couldn't decide on a name so it was the random name generator.. Name has followed me through all the games ever since...
  2. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Welcome to the WSC family, hope you'll enjoy it in here as much as I do :D

If you have any lore related questions feel free to ask me anytime! :up:
  3. Kataryna

Kataryna Super Cupcake

Official Random Kat Welcome Welcome! :D
    Enjoy your stay here at WSC! :)
    gentlestar likes this.