1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Hello!

Discussion in 'Personal Introductions' started by Sealdorie, Feb 2, 2014.

1. Sealdorie

Sealdorie New Cupcake

Hello Everyone!

I'm a long time forum lurker (I know creepy right?) :p First time poster.

I'm 28, and have been into gaming in general for about 20 years.

I've been playing MMOs since 1999s EQ, and have been around games such as DAoC, Guild Wars (and 2), FFXI (8 years), AION, Rift, FF14, and a handful of free to play games. I've been hard core, but as I've gotten older I've wound down to a more casual pace.

One of the things I've noticed over the years is the community. Some are pretty good, while some are just plain toxic these days. One of the things that has led me to finally get brave and post is how this community (as it stands now) lacks a lot of that. Sure there's the occasional troll, but it's actually quite pleasant to read most threads here as compared to a lot of other games. I want to get to know people during the phase of the community life for the chance to get to know some of you. :D

On to my Wildstar fan stuff!

I'm for sure an Exile, and will more than likely main an Aurin....something! I'm never very good at pvp so I'll be trying to make friends with the PvE crowd so I don't embarrass myself too much. I love to socialize, and I'm rather chatty.

I'm really looking forward to release, and while I've signed up for beta, I'm more just interested in the release. That's where the real fun will start!

I don't know a whole lot more to say other than "Hi!"

Maybe a nice group of Casual, chatty, and Friendly Exiles will pick myself and the few friends that might play up to adventure in the new world Wildstar offers!
    Inukeu and Alenaar like this.
  2. gabers1

gabers1 Cupcake-About-Town

Hello and welcome

I too will be exile so perhaps we will bump into one another (in a friendly manner) in game.
  3. Sealdorie

Sealdorie New Cupcake

Thanks!

Perhaps we will! Perhaps I'll choose a settlers path to get into all the social stuff. I'm more social than anything else. Not really a hard core raider or anything.
  4. Benzecry

Benzecry Cupcake-About-Town

Welcome, hope you have a good time here. I'll hopefully see you around here and on Nexus. :D
  5. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Welcome to the WSC family, hope you'll enjoy it in here as much as I do :D

Ps: you'll die a gruesome death by the hands of a Chua! :sneaky:
    Sealdorie likes this.
  6. Alenaar

Alenaar Cupcake

Hello! :3

It is nice to have you!

Just that you know, I am not a pvpperson either. My nerves are like biscuits ... and Chua pvp premade is something I see in my nightmares.

I hope our waiting for release is going to be as short and as least boring as possible.

Welcome to WSC ^^
  7. Yazra

Yazra Cupcake

Welcome !
  8. Kataryna

Kataryna Super Cupcake

Official Random Kat Welcome Welcome! :D
    Enjoy your stay here at WSC! :)
  9. Sealdorie

Sealdorie New Cupcake

Thank you everyone!

The Chua really are something from nightmares. I couldn't imagine PvPing with one...I'd lose them in tall grass or something! (assuming there are tall objects such as grass on the battlefield). I guess the best way to imagine it would be going against a really good Teemo on League of Legends (if anyone plays that, I'm not very good but I try in my spare time).
  10. Alenaar

Alenaar Cupcake

Teemo is actually like a cuddle plushie compared to them. How to turn Teemo into Chua?

What will we need for ze recipe?
    1 Teemo
    2 Chemicals! LSD to mess him up, a lot - we are aiming for ze perfection! (we can use the shrooms he comes with), any fuel to give him lovely pyrodent scent
    3 Book "How to Kill Stuff for Dummies"

Tadaa...

No..but seriously. Imagine them with mechanical wings, soaring trough clouds above your housing plot, squeeking Wagner's Ride of the Valkyries. THEY WANT ALL THE VEGGIES! ... and our blood ...
  11. Sealdorie

Sealdorie New Cupcake

Sooo... Ziggs? I was playing a game last night with a friend who was playing Ziggs and all the maniacal laughter he was doing really made me think of the Chua. I suppose they are slightly more evil though.

By the way, I love the MLP avatar. The evil little devil is quite adorable.

I'll be staying far away from any exposure to the Chua if I can. My more casual play style, and obsession with all things housing will probably keep me out of the areas where they will be found (unless for some reason I need to brave it for a housing piece that I actually care about....then we'll see).

This game will actually be quite a step out of my normal comfort zone. I'm used to MMOs with the option for total keyboard play, which is quite obviously not possible in this game. I'll have to get over my aversion to mouse play, and I'll probably spend a year or so hiding from anything raiding until I don't feel like I'll be yelled at into oblivion :D
    Alenaar likes this.
  12. Benzecry

Benzecry Cupcake-About-Town

Teemo's lore hints that he is a psychopathic killer when he is "on duty." He has to put aside the yordles natural need of socialization to fight and protect Bandle City. In fact, almost all of the yordles are psychotic.
    Sealdorie likes this.
  13. Sealdorie

Sealdorie New Cupcake

Mmm you are right about that. Though when you actually play them some seem more insane than others.
  14. Alenaar

Alenaar Cupcake

I am not big fan or player of LoL, so I usually appreciatte champions for their look rather then lore.

But I guess you are right, anything that looks like a hamster or quinea pig and actually kills others is just ... ghastly.

Many thanks! I am, amongst other things, fan of MLP and changelings :3
    Also I am fan of girls with kitty ears *wink* :p
    Sealdorie likes this.
  15. Sealdorie

Sealdorie New Cupcake

Amusingly enough I'm not *that* much of a LoL fan. I enjoy the lore and the looks, and I have friends that play. The game isn't so terrible when you're playing with people you know (I mostly play against bots instead of real people). It's also something to do with friends in between MMOs.

We tried FF14...we really did....but that game is seriously lacking in content and I find myself less separated from the "Hardcore Elitists" than I have been in other games. I still play it occasionally for the friends that are still there... but once Wildstar is released myself and the few friends that are interested will be heading that way. I've never been an MMO hopper (EQ for two years, FFXI for 8), but the past few years have found me hard pressed to find something that fits my play style.

Watching the streams on twitch and the information that is available to us now I feel like this may be the game I can really stick with- especially if they really do have the 200 hours of substantial content as they claim.

It probably helps that I've finally decided to turn in my Guild Leadership after 10 years of leading one. My guild mates will still play with me, but we'll be hanging out in a circle and finding a nice casual guild to hang out in rather than creating one myself. I simply lack the time to dedicate to properly leading a guild.

Oh and on another topic- I happen to be a rather hard core MLP fan. The new series really brings back memories of my childhood MLP (the very first from the 80s). While it has a different tone it still keeps me rather immersed in the world.
  16. Alenaar

Alenaar Cupcake

For good of us both I really hope WS will be the game we can stick to. I am not going to try any hardcore thing, since my nerves cannot handle it that well anymore, but I would certainly love to get as much as I can out of the game.

I understand you that leading the guild, is always extra responsibility and work - if one leads at least a bit more then just by title and position in guild roster :p

MLP for me is first of something really kind and sweet that I really enjoy past .. well 2 years couple months I guess. It is nice contrast to some other cartoons and anime I like... Dan vs. , Adventure Time, Hellsing, Kuro<REDACTED>suji, Fairy Tail, Trinity Blood.

Oh! I suppose "SC" stands for South Carolina ... therefore not Europe therefore I might not be able to /wave on you with my cold mordesh hand -.- We will see.

But damn. For years I have been using WoW-EU forums and now I am on one with all of the world! And I feel bit ... confused .. or like in different place ... or like this ...

[​IMG]
  17. Sealdorie

Sealdorie New Cupcake

Haha, what a cute picture.

Over the years I've played with people from all over the world. I have guild members from Chile, Australia, and Europe. Coordinating times to play with them have always been a challenge so I certainly understand your concerns.

I too will not be hard core, and will play more casually. My guild friends have been with me since 2004, and they are very understanding of my desire to retire. They refuse to leave my side though, and are trusting me with finding us a place to call home where we can integrate into a new gaming society. I only hope I can make the right move for their benefit.