1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Heroes of the Storm Info released

Discussion in 'Gaming Arena' started by Kyrios, Nov 8, 2013.

1. Kyrios

Kyrios Cupcake

So far we have just found out through Blizzcon that there new game made by "allstar" team is the MOBA type game called Heroes of the Storm. What are your thoughts on this new game? Even though Blizz is a big company is it to late for them to jump into the Market for this type, or will their familiar Characters and company name be enough to pull the fan base in? What are your thoughts on this new upcoming release for Blizz?

Personally I am very disappointed by their choice in game. I am waiting for the Next big MMORPG and not wasting my time on this one. But maybe this is a good choice and maybe there is a big following and fan base for this.
  2. Skippy

Skippy Well-Known Cupcake

Their name will bring in a crowd, that's a given. It is just gonna get a fan base because it is a blizzard game.

That being said though, I can't see them going too far by beating the moba genre to death any more, they are a bit late jumping on to the moba idea and I really hope their sales show it.

To be honest the only moba style game that I think deserves respect as of late is Smite, simply because they change the perspective of the game and it feels different, not to mention it's very telegraph based so gives good practice for what it may be like during Wildstar combat.
  3. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

4. Isgu

Isgu Cupcake-About-Town

^^ this
    Just look what happened with Hearthstone and that's just a card game..
  5. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

There is more to hearthstone then just the name ''Blizzard''. It's popular for various of reasons.
  6. Isgu

Isgu Cupcake-About-Town

Not denying that, the game is fun after all but there would not be such a big hype around it if it was not from Blizzard
  7. B00TE

B00TE Cupcake-About-Town

Looking forward to seeing who gets in as a playable character, if nothing else.
  8. Inukeu

Inukeu Well-Known Cupcake

hero's of the storm looks kinda fun might have to check it out myself after watching the Dev diary its less about taktics and last hits etc and more about fun and lols
  9. Eternalfootman

Eternalfootman Cupcake-About-Town

Heroes of the storm reminds me of some of those games in Warcraft 3 and early dota XD. I'll probably try it out just cuz it resembles that. But yea never been much into the super saturated moba genre. Maybe this one will change that x_x .
  10. Tribe

Tribe Well-Known Cupcake

I'm very skeptical of a MOBA without an in match store or items. At one point Blizzard was considering not including last hitting as a mechanic, not sure if they went this route or not. To me, it sounds like Blizzard is really dumbing down the genre.

I won't give a <REDACTED> if it fails or succeeds. I gave up on Blizzard when they dropped the ball in their awful attempt at a sequel to Diablo II.

Didn't Blizzard send Titan back to the drawing board?
  11. Laban

Laban Cupcake-About-Town

From everything I've heard about the mechanics and objectives in the game I really have a hard time seeing any competitive potential in Heroes at all, it's more a casual 5v5 team fight and objective based ARTS. The lack of depth is a deal breaker for me so I'll just stick to Dota.
  12. B00TE

B00TE Cupcake-About-Town

The Lost Vikings are apparently on the drawing board as playable characters. That alone will make me want to play this, more than I already want to. If nothing else, it looks like it could be a fun and not-so-serious diversion from Dota here and there.
  13. Jabberwocky

Jabberwocky Well-Known Cupcake

I signed up for the beta. Here's to hoping the game is decent.
  14. Draxus

Draxus Cupcake

A high percentage of those playing the present MOBA's are very casual. I guess that heroes of the storm will lure those players.
  15. AcidBaron

AcidBaron "That" Cupcake

I find that moba's from a top view with mouse and click to be rather passee, prefer more the smite setup.
  16. Jabberwocky

Jabberwocky Well-Known Cupcake

I also prefer the way Smite handled their controls. I am not a fan of the isometric clickfest of other MOBA's. I tried Infinite Crisis and just couldn't get into it.
  17. Nekogrrl

Nekogrrl New Cupcake

I know this is a bit of a necro, but i played a bit of Heroes of the Storm at BlizzCon and in my opinion is amazing. It's more like DoTA than League and one of the cool things is being able to pick an ult out of 3. I'm ditching League and playing this forever.
  18. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

I don't consider 13 days a necro ;)

The thing I personally like about heroes is the fact you can augment one your abilities. This way you can adept your whole style/strategy to your team composition.

In league of legends your abilities are stuck, you can't change or improve them in some way. You only can buy items, which for the most time are always the same. Some champs have great synergy, but with others they have zero synergy.
    While in hereos it seems you can create that synergy!

So in terms of strategic picking of champs/abilities i'm positive towards heroes.