1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Hitting the Enter key / making paragraphs

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback' started by Fate Flyer, Feb 11, 2013.

1. Fate Flyer

Fate Flyer "That" Cupcake

I didn't see a topic about this, and this is something I noticed right away, so I thought I'd just point it out in case it hasn't already been addressed/noticed.

I sometimes have a bit of trouble hitting the Enter key on my keyboard to create another paragraph while typing. Other times, I hit Enter and it works just fine. When it doesn't work, it'll just do that - nothing. In those cases, I'm unable to create another paragraph when typing up a response here.

I know it's not my keyboard, as it is quite new and I also type on another forum quite frequently. I'm wondering now if it's my browser? (I use Google Chrome.) I wanted to ask and see if anyone else was experiencing this problem. As I type this, obviously the Enter key has chosen to work, as I have created 3 separate paragraphs. Actually, now that I think about it, the only times I've noticed it not working was when I was quoting someone in a response. Perhaps it has something to do with the coding for posting a reply to someone? EDIT: Never mind. I just replied to a thread without quoting anyone, and it say was having problems.
  2. Black Wolf

Black Wolf Super Cupcake

It has something to do with the textarea tag in html I think. Only a few times I experienced this bug and could be easily fixed by editing the post and re-enter them. It isn't a Chrome bug, I know people have the same problems with other browsers as well. You're using the best browser on the planet!
  3. Fate Flyer

Fate Flyer "That" Cupcake

Ah, okay. Yeah, I've noticed that (with editing my posts and being able to seperate my paragraphs just fine)! So, that works at least. Thanks!

Ha I know, I just switched from Firefox to Chrome (was a long time coming), and I couldn't be happier.