1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Homebrewing

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Deltre, Nov 22, 2013.

1. Deltre

Deltre Cupcake-About-Town

Any homebrewers here? I just made my first batch and I plan on making many more. I'm super excited to try it out, we made a west coast pale ale. I really want to make a stout next, and then we'll probably follow up with an IPA.

Anyone else here dabble in homebrewing?
  2. Infamouz

Infamouz Well-Known Cupcake

I am very interested in starting home brewing, but I can´t at the moment due to lack of space at the apartment, budget and time. I have quite many projects I have to finish before I can get my hands on home brewing, untill then I shall do my reading and atleast learn the theory somewhat.

Btw have you seen the following clips:

I´ve been thinking of buying the 50l Braumeister when me and my girlfriend build a house. Going to build a workshop on my off time and include a small brewery workshop in to it. Why I was thinking of buying the Braumeister is that I´d love to reduce the random variables as much I can, so it all comes to finding the recipes you love. I´d need to make a proper lagering room too, or a cabinet for it. Anyways it´s quite of a big sum of money I´d need to spend in to this rather interesting hobby, money which I do not currently have to spare.

I could of course start small, but I am perfectionist and I´d hate to have variables in my beers due to shifting mashing temperatures, boiling times and temperatures and contamination so I´ll wait when I can do it proper.
  3. SiddyFour

SiddyFour Cupcake

I tried, but I'm not good at multitasking. Always love trying out people's Homebrews though.
  4. Lsya

Lsya Cupcake-About-Town

I used to brew a lot, but I haven't in a few year due to laziness. ;) I admit it. I get lazy.

The actual brewing part's fun. It's the sterilization process I got tired of. Everything must be bacteria free or you'll end up with beer that tastes like lemony tea. Still drinkable though. It won't harm you. I had a rule. If I brewed it, I drank it...regardless of good or bad. Most of the time, it was good. Sometimes...well...not so good. :)

I always liked making amber ales. Yum!

I'll take someone's homebrew over a big commercial brand any day.
  5. nra

nra Cupcake

I use homebrew all the time.
    Latest thing I brewed was sqlite.

( :
  6. Kataryna

Kataryna Super Cupcake

my sister started this year growing her own Hops...should be interesting what drinks turn out ;)
  7. Deltre

Deltre Cupcake-About-Town

Sweet, for those that homebrewed what websites/books did you use?