1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Horde syndrome ?

Discussion in 'Gaming Arena' started by Grinndo, May 2, 2013.

1. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

First of all: Thanks for making your point clear now :up:
    I can't help to feel sorry for you, for the forums....well...that's why we got the mod's. As for in-game i feel sorry for you...why?
    Because i have always played in PvP realms, and i never had the displeasure to get alot of those ''results'' of the faction war. Ofcourse they are a few people that take it too far, but then again ''that's life''. There are always a few ''bad apples'', but if you give in to those...well brace youreself for life itself is the only thing i can say....

But then again mayby you just got most ''bad apples'', so i should thank you for keeping them busy while i enjoyed the game :D

I'm so against a system like the one in LoL....it made me say ''LOL'' as in the laughing one.

It's a system that has so many flaws....just go play with friends and keep ''promoting'' each other that you where ''friendly'', ''helpfull'' etc. etc. and then go on and reward them for doing so?

I would not refer to that feature as being a solution at all. It just makes people want to hang out with only their friends even more to get some nice show off thing. Like a badge or something.

Also as to the ''report'' function, thats's normally in most games. So i don't see anything LoL could offer on that front.
  2. Naunet

Naunet Well-Known Cupcake

And the expansions before that? The entire plot leading up to the death of the Lich King was massively Alliance-centric. It's all just story, and the writers will use the characters they need to tell a story. If they try to burden themselves by making things "appear" equal, then you're going to end up trying to construct a story with far too many restrictions. Just let plots develop organically and don't care which side is involved when.

I've never really felt the extreme faction patriotism, even though I loved my Horde characters. I also loved my Alliance ones.
  3. Chomag

Chomag Cupcake-About-Town

Same here but I'm afraid I will play Dominion, simply because I don't really like any of the Exiles' races. I mean they got anime cat people (not a fan of manga stuff), some really ugly rock guys, and likely ugly undead guys, whereas Dominion has robots and extremely hot drakken females.
  4. Rumze

Rumze "That" Cupcake

You were one of the lucky ones then .
    And I mean that in the best way. Not having to deal with that or rather the perception of that and getting disheartened is a blessing.
    Its a terrible feeling when you realise you are Meg from family guy.
  5. Chomag

I'm not talking about story. I'm talking about cold, hard evidence of quests and the like being a lot better designed for horde than for alliance. There is clearly more attention being put into it.
  6. Naunet

Naunet Well-Known Cupcake

"Better designed" is actually extremely subjective - not as "cold, hard evidence" as you may want to believe. xP​
    I don't want to get in this argument, though. Had more than enough of it in WoW. Can't people just be friends OOCly regardless of faction? Ugh.​
  7. Rumze

Rumze "That" Cupcake

Agreed.
  8. Syn

Syn Cupcake

For me it always boils down to looks. Will I look cool? How are the aesthetics for each race? It plays heavily into how I create my character, whichever race offers the best "look" is what I will play.
  9. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

I never know who you talking to......please use some quote's for people like me....also makes it easier to respond back to ;)
  10. Sevvy

Sevvy Cupcake-About-Town

You don't get that vibe? I get that vibe.

No one is going to come out and say "Exile = good, Dominion = bad" but it's there.
  11. Chomag

Yeah, I wouldn't say Exiles are good. I mean I get the outcast theme but wherever there are outcasts there are also bandits, pirates, criminals running from the law (and not just victims of Dominion's corruption), mercenaries, etc, not just people who have been forced out of their homes.
  12. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

hhmmmm not really....i only got a ''hill-billy'' vibe off the Exiles and since everyone knows by now from our beloved PPG they are really evil!
  13. Rumze

Rumze "That" Cupcake

I try but it is hard to o the phone :p
  14. Vyver

Vyver "That" Cupcake

You know what would keep faction levels and population balanced

Cross-Faction communication :whistling:
    Mudfin likes this.
  15. Witless

Witless "That" Cupcake

Ahahahahahaha :roflamo: :notworthy: :D :laugh: hahaha...umm, no! ;)
  16. Vyver

Vyver "That" Cupcake

:confused: :eek: :rolleyes: yes!
    Mudfin likes this.
  17. Twinflame

Twinflame Cupcake-About-Town

Defiant > Dominon = Exiles

Amirite? :D

:inlove::up:;):eek::roflamo::notworthy: I don't know what we're doing but it's fun.
  18. Outburstz

Outburstz Cupcake-About-Town

I'm not sure if you remember but the Alliance was the favorite back when it started because it was the "cleaner, nicer, pretty" side.
    The Horde got popular later on but to answer your question no I do not believe they would choose one side or the other. Besides since clearly the developers love Firefly it would stand to reason that it would be the exile that would get the special treatment but I doubt that will happen.

I will role Dominion side either way they have a giant robot and the Draken are cool looking too not much of a choice for me.
  19. Blaquknite

Blaquknite Cupcake

i was horde and always thought the alliance got all the love...

i think in general the game was well balanced, but it was a grass is greener on the other side kinda deal
  20. Convicted

Convicted Super Cupcake

I'd prefer if there was some difference between the two sides, I don't mean overpowered, but slight edges here or there. I liked that early wow had shaman and paladin on opposite sides, and the different racials.
    I think that made battlegrounds more interesting in that you had to do a little more planning in order to account for the differences, and it also impacted the way pvpers set up their talents and/or gear choices. I felt it added an additional dynamic that made pvp and pve, more interesting and mysterious.
    It gave people a reason to try out "that side" and to learn about how they fit into a group setting.