1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Horde syndrome ?

Discussion in 'Gaming Arena' started by Grinndo, May 2, 2013.

1. Teerack

Teerack Cupcake-About-Town

You're really going to say the horde got better racial? Every Man For Themselves was the best racial in game.
    Rakkis likes this.
  2. Jarinolde

Jarinolde Cupcake-About-Town

For one aspect of the game, and it's the only good racial on the Alliance. Overall though, Horde has better racials.
  3. plic70

plic70 Cupcake-About-Town

Debateable, Draenai had Gift of Naaru, decent extra free heal and didn't Gnomes have a CC break or am I remembering wrong?
    Rakkis likes this.
  4. Rumze

Rumze "That" Cupcake

There is no need to rehash wow faction bias and arguments .
    The point is hopefully wildstar wont have to worry about it too much and the racial progression tree that they revealed means the carbine team is aware of the pitfalls and is minimizing any perceived bias.
  5. Jarinolde

Gift was terrible early on and only now is it decent. Escape Artist removes all movement-impairing effects, but it doesn't affect loss of character control effects, so Every Man For Himself is still better.
  6. BlindSear

BlindSear Super Cupcake

Gift of the Naaru I don't remember being very strong... plus it would mean you'd have to be a Drenai... ewww.... Gnomes had a specific cc break for snares and immobilize, but not for things like fear or stun. Dwarves had some sort of active racial as well, but I forget exactly how it worked because it changed a bunch...

This barely compares to damage buff (orc) and haste buff (troll), not to mention undead had a CC break I believe. Don't forget the rocket jump from goblins (for PvP).

I mean sure... they're close... but really Human just got an extra trinket slot in the end for PvP (as it shared a cd), and horde had raiding overall better for most classes, unless you took the max food buff to every raid as a panda. Even then the troll had it beat for some of them.
  7. BlindSear

BlindSear Super Cupcake

Wait, what? Where's this racial progression tree you speak of? (I'll go digging if you don't have a link handy.)
  8. plic70

Hey, Draenai were the only Alliance race I liked. :p The Dwarf racial canceled bleed effects. I never said Ally had equivalent racials, I only mentioned those 2 because Jarinolde made it seem like there was only one good racial. Though it was only good for PVP.

I don't recall the Undead having a CC break though, may have slipped my mind haven't played WoW in a while. Also Belfs had the Arcane Torrent? But yes the Orc damage buff was dirty, my favorite actually. Tauren had their AOE stun, which saved my beefcakes on my Pally now and again.
  9. Jarinolde

I should of put "in comparison" then because while many of the Alliance racials are nice, EMFH and well a lot of the other Human racials pretty much dwarf them in comparison. Whereas, on the Horde, each race had a mixed bag and you chose based more on your preference or needs.

Will of the Forsaken removed Charm, Fear and Sleep effects. Essentially similar in power to Gnomes' Escape Artist.
  10. Rumze

Rumze "That" Cupcake

11. plic70

Cools, I never played Undead, tis why I didn't know.
  12. Chosenxeno

Chosenxeno Cupcake-About-Town

I'll see your "Everyman for Themselves" and raise you Arcane torrent lol

If you had said old school "Perception" you might have been right:)

Blizz Employees basically all played Horde. The favoritism is obvious!
  13. Chosenxeno

Chosenxeno Cupcake-About-Town

Gift of the Naruu was kinda leet in PVP because it was from a different school than all the other Shaman heals so if it got kicked or silence your other skill schools didn't get locked

cast chain heal> cancel cast> Draw kick or silence with Gift of the Naruu(now kick/silence on CD muhuhahaha)> cast "I win" spells.

I agree with your "Have to be a Draeni" lol

Elemental Shamans are pretty fun though:)