1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Housing is per-account and not per character...

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by Mellkor, Dec 12, 2013.

1. Mellkor

Mellkor Well-Known Cupcake

Destian likes this.
  2. Etan

Etan Cupcake

Its just like rift's demnsions you cant have Unlimited amounts of stuff in your house. However there you are allowed to own more then one area. Maybe you could buy another plot at some point? Or the upgraded huge houses might just have a TON of space

3. Livnthedream

Livnthedream Super Cupcake

If it is its a new development from what they have said previously.

Gunghoe and Kataryna like this.
  4. Convicted

Convicted Super Cupcake

I remember hearing the "per account" part a few months back, and the limitation on house size I believe is referring to being able to upgrade/expand your house, which again, I'm pretty sure has been talked about before. You don't start out with a mansion, you have to keep adding on in order to make your house bigger.

Destian likes this.
  5. Dongabhana

Dongabhana New Cupcake

but all the characters that you create and play, will contribute and make your only house even more awesome. Not bad in my opinion

Ianpact and Destian like this.
  6. Mellkor

Well, its horrible imo from a rp stand point.
    Your characters can all still contribute if all your assets go into one shared pool. I don't see any practical reason to having 1 house per account.

7. Destian

Destian Cupcake-About-Town

I like this for three very big reasons...

1. Assembling, furnishing, etc. for 6 different characters was going to be a nightmare.

2. I would've been inclined to run 6 farms on my house, otherwise.

3. I'm hoping that your alts will be hanging out in the house when you go in. THAT would be fantastic and give you the feeling that your alts are really a group of friends and not just 6 people who never run into each other.

Pocketz and BisonBeeblebrox like this.
  8. Katu_Kath

Katu_Kath Robot Cupcake

well, the other side of the argument is "I've already played a character to max level, spent all the gold and time getting an awesome house, and now its useless to me on any alts."

I like that its an investment that I can use for alts, makes all those items that give bonus rest xp worth having once I hit max level.

EDIT: oh yeah, and this will cut down on people leveling 10+ characters just to get a house to make material farms.

Kataryna and Witless like this.
  9. Mellkor

Your really trying to tell me its a good thing that they offer less, because people cant control their inclinations?

10. Destian

Those are my own personal reasons, but if you recall, housing also grants more rest and benefits for your alts, meaning that your main will be giving your alts a bonus.

If you don't like it, I'd ask Carbine to allow us to buy additional homes. I personally don't mind, but obviously, I'm not developing the game so my feelings mean little.

11. Witless

Witless "That" Cupcake

From a server capability and technical standpoint I can see the reason for it.

12. GoatSlayrr

GoatSlayrr Well-Known Cupcake

I don't mind housing being account wide, especially if all of a person's alts can contribute to the progress.

But it does raise a couple questions. Is the account wide nature cross faction? Is it truly account wide, or is it account wide on a given realm?

13. Jeuraud

Jeuraud Cupcake-About-Town

This is what I am hoping for also.
    I would like to have a room for each of my alts (Along with common spaces.), kind of like a collage frat/sor house where I could walk by and see each of my alts hanging out in their room, and the rooms would have different personalities just like in a shared house. (And if I loose my marbles each of my alts could play tricks on each of my other alts :D.).

Question; with the one house per account, does that mean your Dominion and Exile characters are going to share one house, across all servers?

Ianpact and Destian like this.
  14. Mellkor

What part of housing doesn't involve role play?

15. Mellkor

There instanced.

16. Destian

I think part of the reason WoW sucks so badly is because they tossed RP out years ago and haven't paid it any mind since.

I'd be much happier giving my money to a dev that at least maintains a PRETENSE that there's some role playing left in a "ROLE PLAYING game"...

I didn't stick around for it, but I loved the idea SWTOR had where you could place your alts in a "family tree" of sorts.

Blue Tunic Man likes this.
  17. Pejo

Pejo Cupcake-About-Town

That is too bad that it is per account now; however, on this subject, I'm sure we'll get a pretty even spread on people wanting per account/per character.

18. Livnthedream

Livnthedream Super Cupcake

The part where you are buying one entirely because it grants you an advantage and you will be behind without it. Ie raid buffs, guaranteed crafting materials etc.

Implying your "role play" is the only kind of role play. Similarly, implying that based on population alone WoW doesn't have the highest roleplaying population.

19. Mellkor

What ever the motivation, your still role playing building a house and occupying it...

Destian likes this.
  20. Mellkor

Don't be condescending, its a valid argument that role play is a huge part of the ideal of virtual housing in video games.

I want an individual house to reflect my current character, if my Aurin character is living in a tree its going to be really jarring that my granok is also living a tree.

21. Destian

Implying absolutely nothing of the sort.

When I say "RP", I don't just mean players pretending to actually BE their characters.

I'm referring to WoW's story in general, which has steadily gone downhill to the point where it's completely forgettable.

Players in WoW refer to the dialogue two NPCs have before a boss battle as "RP", FYI. When we say the dev "RPs", we're talking about the company showing that it gives more than half a <REDACTED> about making the story convincing enough to suspend disbelief.

Player RP in WoW is dead except on 1-2 servers, and even then, it's mostly ERP.

That's...actually a pretty good point.