How about a Collector's edition?

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by Revoltech, Aug 29, 2013.

?

Should there be a Collectors Edition for Wildstar?

1. Yes!

93.3%
  2. No!

6.7%
  1. Revoltech

Revoltech Cupcake

Hello! I know this sounds a bit stupid considering we're far from release of the game, but I've still decided to give out my opinion about this.

You may know that a few MMORPG's such as SWTOR, WoW, etc have made collectors edition for there games. I was thinking, maybe making a collectors edition for this game would be quite neat. Personally, I would try my best to purchase it if I could. Now, you're probably wondering, what would they put in it? Good question. Here's some examples (or ideas) of what they should maybe consider putting inside:

-An art book
    -Statue of something such as the nexus
    -A special Wildstar mousepad
    -Map of the nexus (Made from cloth so it's not rippable)
    -Soundtrack
    -Exclusive in-game content (Such as a few gold or weapons)
    -A special in-game or forum badge
    -An extra month of subscription or two
    (The price would be up to them. Maybe around 90$-140$?)

That's really all I could think of so far. If any of you have more suggestions of what could be added, leave a comment below.

Again, these are ideas of what should be added. I'm not saying all of that should be added to the package. Also, another neat thing they could possibly add is a strategy guide! Like, separate from the Collectors edition.
  2. Ugh

Ugh Cupcake

Revoltech likes this.
  3. Livnthedream

Livnthedream Super Cupcake

Ravioli, search, please.

Also, while it may have one I truly wish they wouldn't. I have yet to see figures of whether or not it pays for itself or not, but boxes are expensive for a number of reasons. Collectors edition boxes tend to cost money (pulled out of the marketing budget, because they are considered marketing) with digital collectors editions being positive, but often being seen as a negative.
  4. Revoltech

Revoltech Cupcake

I would appreciate it if you would stop calling me Ravioli. It's quite annoying to me. Anywho, you always see others who make the same post. Obviously, they don't search. I'm one of those who forget to search sometimes. I do not do it all the times, but mostly I do search. And, I'm not the only one who's made the same post about this. I was sharing my thoughts on what could be added to the collector's edition.
  5. Livnthedream

Meh. Your the one who chose a name that looks like Ravioli. Besides, its like calling Extactica "Chua lover". They mean the same thing! :)

Because other people do stuff is not a reason to do stuff. Its like pleading ignorance. I wouldn't care so much if you actually had something new and exciting to bring to the table, but this is something that comes up weekly/bi-weekly and never goes anywhere for a variety of reasons. The marketing department knows that some people know like collectors editions, and honestly it makes since because the art team tends to have more down time to make random awesome stuff. There is only so much tweaking you can do when it comes to general art, and you only have so many working on animations and such because of skill sets.

Whats more, these threads always end up the same because inevitably the few who like these sorts of packages (most people like awesome stuff) jump on the thread with a couple "meh who cares" and the stalwart person like me who stands up and says "nope" for whatever reason. At which point the thread dies, or they pile on the person who dares to speak out against the awesome stuff that they so dearly now believe they deserve. I understand the psychology and reasoning behind them, I still don't like them, and do not personally believe they are worth it, even though marketing generally does.
  6. Revoltech

Revoltech Cupcake

Alright, I get what you mean. Thanks for being kind about it and not becoming into an an a-hole :)
  7. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Damn my name is hard to type isn't it? (Most people make something else of it :p)
    It's way too late for that :D

*Waiting for the punt*
  8. Livnthedream

Hey now, I was pulling your name out of my becoming!

*grabs you by the scruff of your neck* Be nice. Ravioli is clearly not native English! *punts into orbit*
    Extatica likes this.
  9. Kataryna

Kataryna Super Cupcake

yea - sorry - i can soooo see the Ravioli name in there too...
    Extatica and Livnthedream like this.
  10. Ico

Ico Moderator • WSC's Gentle Flower

Shut up Chua fanatic!
  11. Novalith

Novalith Cupcake

It's unlikely that there won't be one.
  12. Infamouz

Infamouz Well-Known Cupcake

I am actually working on my book "Hundred and one ways to cook Chua on open fire". I will inform you when my project is done as you might find it to your liking.
    Kash likes this.
  13. MadBlue

MadBlue Cupcake-About-Town

Personally, I'd like to see a digital collector's edition, as it would be unlikely that I'd get a hardcopy in time for launch, since I live in Asia (although having access to the access code before hand would be fine, as I could just have my parents send the swag later). That being said, for a hardcopy collector's edition, a rowsdower plushie is a must. :D
  14. Castia

Castia New Cupcake

Im not usually one to mess about with CE's but Wildstar could be the exception, I'm really looking forward to this game and a decent CE pack will probably see me pre order it.
  15. Zubbulon

Zubbulon Cupcake

Me like Infamous no more. :mad: Me love Chua but no with special sauce.... OK
  16. Zubbulon

Zubbulon Cupcake

Gaffney was asked this question at GamesCon and his answer was something close to this: "Wildstar is a new IP so offering a collector edition at launch would be presumptuous, down the line, We might."

I usually go for the Digital collector edition that has a few convenience to it like your first mount and a pet.
  17. Mykor

Mykor Cupcake-About-Town

I would like to see a collector's edition.
    But without the standard in-game pet, mousepad, behind the scenes DVD, etc... Give me something unique which represents this game.
    A pack of dehydrated food that the Chua's ate on their way to Nexus :)
    More ideas welcome
  18. selodaoc

selodaoc Cupcake-About-Town

I want to see a CE digital version with alot of extra fluff ingame :) dont care for the physical <REDACTED> that will only collect dust
  19. Azzizabiz

Azzizabiz Cupcake

My wife and I enjoy our physical CE's for games we care about. Their boxes, art books (depending on how cool they are), and cool physical items contained within are a significant portion of decoration for our domicile. I totally understand Gaffney's point, that it could be presumptuous, but it's also become a significant part of the MMO-launch culture. So I wouldn't be shocked if they didn't have them, but I think it's more likely they ultimately will for launch than not. Which is an outcome I personally would prefer.

For me, I like the break-down of Basic Digital Download > Basic Box > Digital Deluxe > Physical CE. That allows you to layer your tiers of 'Cool stuff' :cool: You get a digital in-game reward (Cosmetic *only*, IMO. Gear or any functional quality crosses a nasty line, which I don't think Carbine would do) such as a Mount, companion pet, or toy that would be in Digital Deluxe / Physical CE. Then with the physical CE, you get an Art Book, possibly a soundtrack, and most importantly a cool physical item. This can go either way, as some can be lame (the Diablo 3 CE has a Diablo skull with a USB stick as the soul crystal that honestly didn't fit all that well... meh), while others can be really awesome (the Jim Raynor Dog Tag / USB stick with pre-loaded copy of Starcraft / Brood War for the SC2 WoL CE, or the quality Malgus statue in the SWTOR CE).

For me personally, if they did a Physical CE with a physical 'cool item' within, I have two hopes:

1: Replica of the Arkship (+stand)
    2: Dark Rowsdower statuette
  20. Ugh

Ugh Cupcake

My post above is a link to that interview I believe. :)