1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

How are you going to set up your rig in the nursing home?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Mellkor, Jan 2, 2014.

1. Mellkor

Mellkor Well-Known Cupcake

I would like to think if i make it long enough to actually get into a home that i could get a nice spot next a wall plug and a' rj45 so the other residence and I could thrash out a few diablo's before we kick the bucket..

But yeah, anyone actually given any thought to that? i don't think just because i got old i would stop gaming unless my body could not provide.
    BLAPPiN likes this.
  2. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

You are bored, aren't you?
    Mellkor likes this.
  3. Lsya

Lsya Cupcake-About-Town

Ironically my wife and I have talked about this recently. Long time into the future though.

IF...BIG IF...I end up in a place like that, I will need internet access for gaming. Otherwise, I'm not leaving my house unless they handcuff me and drag me away. :)

I'm guessing that internet access wouldn't be a problem. It's pretty standard almost everywhere now. In future, I'd imagine it'll definitely be everywhere.
  4. Merganser

Merganser New Cupcake

I suppose I'd just want a comfy chair somewhere in a corner where I can don my neural impulse gaming headset and link to the home's network in peace. :coffee:
  5. Bastille

Bastille Cupcake

You can play from morning to night, get served food by someone else three times a day, and can pee without walking away from the game. I don't care how my rig is set up... it's a video game enthusiast's dream regardless.
    BLAPPiN, Perigon and Mellkor like this.
  6. Pyaray

Pyaray Carbine Studios

Having visions of that old guy from the movie "Up"...
  7. Perigon

Perigon Cupcake

And you don't have to work, you can talk to yourself and be considered normal, you can complain about the youth of today and their fancy 'virtual reality' saying how back in the day we had screens.

Damn,,, who says you don't have anything to look forward to when you get old. Life sounds good!
    Bastille likes this.
  8. Diagas

Diagas Cupcake

I used to be afraid of being old until this post.
    BLAPPiN likes this.
  9. Bastille

Bastille Cupcake

Hahahaha. QFT. Sometimes I think about how boring life will be when I am old, but then I remember that it's basically my hobbies right now, except whenever I want... and that's AWESOME.
  10. eharper256

eharper256 Cupcake-About-Town

Lol, like I keep telling people, retirement is the good life. And if nursing homes don't have Full-Dive technology in 40 years by the time I retire I'll be quite surprised, actually. I mean, what could be better for oldies than to suddenly become athletic again and play some MMO's in virtual reality? :roflamo:
    Mellkor likes this.
  11. Mellkor

Mellkor Well-Known Cupcake

That would actually look quite creepy tho, bunch of oldies in a dark room hooked up to "matix chairs"...
    BLAPPiN likes this.
  12. eharper256

eharper256 Cupcake-About-Town

I see it more as a whitewashed ward type affair; everyone in beds hooked up to their mental life support (along with any physical life support). :whistling:
  13. Purpleone

Purpleone New Cupcake

I don't worry about this, With so little h of sleep and spending so much time before PC, I don't think I'm going to last long ^^

And even if, there will be VR devices, which will be functionall so.
  14. Sealdorie

Sealdorie New Cupcake

I clicked on this because the title was just too funny! I'm only 28 so the nursing home days are a long ways off, but I'm assuming after 40+ years of gaming my eyesight will be virtually gone (I've lost my distance vision to staring at a computer screen for hours and hours on end).

So I'm going to have to set up a HUGE display on the wall in front of my nursing home bed. Wireless keyboard in my lap as my nursing home bed will clearly have an electronic adjustment function to raise and lower the head/foot of the bed for optimal comfort. The mouse is always the tricky part. I'm going to need a good and sturdy bedside table at just the right height to accommodate this.

And of course I need to account for things like tons of blankets, and a call button for nurses to change my diaper (hey, I'm assuming the worst here!) in between dungeons or challenges.

Of course like someone above me just mentioned. VR will probably be the norm then so I'll just hope for that. Just pop an IV in me for food and come change my diaper a few times a day while I look to be in a vegetative coma while pretending to be a character in a Virtual world much younger than what I'll actually be.... maybe cougar my way into some young (legal) boy's hearts!