1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

How did you hear about Wildstar?

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by Zybak, Apr 5, 2013.

1. Rogosh

Rogosh Cupcake-About-Town

Mmorpg.com, I have been trying to convert some of my wow slappy friends to leave the pvp scene there when Wildstar comes out.

2. Inukeu

Inukeu Well-Known Cupcake

I seen the debut video they released a while back I remember enjoying that afterwards I kinda forgot about wildstar until the "what is Wildstar" video appeared and I was like "oh I remember that lets check it out" and the rest is history

3. Yianna

Yianna New Cupcake

I cant remember but i think my first impression was really good.

4. Forge Darksteel

Forge Darksteel Cupcake

Saw the article on Penny-Arcade from PAX, did the research and now I'm here! :)

5. Helvard's Edge

Helvard's Edge New Cupcake

I found out about it early on...can't really remember if it was through a friend or via a game site. But I remember becoming interested after seeing articles about it on Massively.

6. Merketh

Merketh Cupcake

day it was announced, cant remember where exactly now.

7. Twiipe

Twiipe New Cupcake

On Zybaks video about the game and IGNs video about it! I got sucked into it and watched hours of videos about it. ;)

8. Screenager

Screenager Cupcake-About-Town

Think that'd be gamescom 2011.. Its the first point at which I can remember hearing about it anyhow :)

9. FlamingRuby

FlamingRuby Cupcake-About-Town

Gaming Website(Think of MMorpg.com)
    I was really pleased to see a game that was actually implemented housing system!

10. Ico

Ico Moderator • WSC's Gentle Flower

I think the first I ever heard of WS was back in 2009 when NCSoft announced a slew of announcements for the next few years including MMO's to publish, from Blade and Soul to the Visions of the future trailer for Aion and finally one that was done by Western Devs and promising big, you guys know the rest :p

11. ImmortalExile

ImmortalExile Cupcake-About-Town

I think I ought to come clean and say that for the first like half hour I saw the wildstar vids and read what I could I dismissed it because I thought it may be just another free to play wizards 101 thing... :(
    I am glad I was wrong, and am quite interestingly enough so focused on wildstar that I won't even touch nother game right now.... (Also, I don't have a computer to game on and am between careers.)

12. Eliat_kuni

Eliat_kuni Cupcake

Brother wanted to start playing some game together. He is in Calgary and I'm here in New Brunswick. I check mmorpg.com and it was at the top of the list. Really pleased and excited. Hope it's not SWTOR all over again.

13. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Past: Back in 2009, read something but didn't pay alot of attention to it, but i remember some excitement about it.
    But then in 2011 the vid came and i was like....omg was this ''the thing'' they worked on? I suddenly remembered!
    Then again i layed down till begin 2012 and started stalking this site, didn't wanted to join yet because i thought there wasn't alot known yet.

Present: Then i broke the barrier and joined the WSC (Feb 17-2013), and well.....now i'm posting here ;)

Future: I'll be playing Wildstar for sure, and i'll be spreading the word! :D

14. Zybak

Zybak Cupcake-About-Town

:roflamo:

15. imrevned

imrevned Cupcake

"freemmogamer" on YouTube talked about the game a little bit in one of their videos :p