1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

How do you deal with frustration or burnout?

Discussion in 'Guilds, Circles and Warparties General' started by TheJedi, Apr 8, 2013.

1. Victim

Victim New Cupcake

If you are the leader and you are taking all the responsibility or doing all the work then you are doing it wrong. Just just let anyone into your guild, find people who are willing to stand beside you and share the load
  2. NerdEsq

NerdEsq Cupcake

It's been mentioned throughout, but delegation is really key to help prevent burning out. Don't try to be the guild leader, raid leader, organizer, guild bank nazi, peace keeper, etc. You are the GM. Your primary duties should be just making sure the guild is running smoothly. Find friends/people you trust to take on the other tasks and help you keep the guild running.

As to how to handle burn out once it does happen? If you have the above type of structure in place, you being gone won't make the guild break down. You may need to have someone else handle the peace keeping aspect, which is usually what I keep as my duty as GM. But overall, the guild should still be able to function if you go away for a bit.

If you don't have that infrastructure, all you can really do is toss GM to an officer and hope it all works out. The problem here is that you are then just putting the weight that you felt on someone else. Work on getting things spread out before you take a break and you should be able to come back to a functional guild when you're ready. :)