1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

How I know which guilds to watch.

Discussion in 'Guilds, Circles and Warparties General' started by Insult, May 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Insult

Insult Cupcake

<< New Poster>>LFG US RAIDING GUILD. Have PVP and PVE Experience.
    << GUILD 1>> COPYPASTA G RECRUITMENT THREAD, Apply NOW!
    << GUILD 2>> COPYPASTA G RECRUITMENT THREAD, Apply NOW!
    << GUILD 3>> Welcome to the community, Good luck in your search! Can you elaborate on your accolades and experience?
    << GUILD 4>> COPYPASTA G RECRUITMENT THREAD, Apply NOW!

I know who I am watching and looking out for, do you?
  2. Sangria

Sangria New Cupcake

Woah, Glad to see Legend Gaming is around for this game. Good group of guys.
    Classix and Azhdaha like this.
  3. Azhdaha

Azhdaha Cupcake-About-Town

COPYPASTA G RECRUITME... wait, I mean...

Thanks for the kind words, Sangria! :) May our paths cross yet again!
  4. Bisqquit

Bisqquit "That" Cupcake

None of the above.

Any guild worth their salt has no business in an LFG thread.
  5. Draogon

Draogon Cupcake-About-Town

I prefer the guild that just shuts up and shows they are worth watching by dominating the content. Actions speak louder than words anyone?
    Kritarie likes this.
  6. Classix

Classix Cupcake

*cough* Don't see the hypocrisy in this above statement what so ever...

Banana or chocolate?
  7. Red_Death01

Red_Death01 Cupcake-About-Town

More or less this. The problem with guilds and recruiting ESPECIALLY at the start of a game is the fact no one really knows where the "good" players are but, instead only speculate what they'll be doing. For example I'll be looking for a casual hardcore guild (one that takes raiding very serious but is otherwise a very down to earth and friendly guild). I prefer this type of guild now a days since I work full time and on rare occasion can't make a raid night or two. I also like the amount of friends and bonding you do afterwords instead of the more hardcore raiding guilds where people tend to go on their own way after a raid.

At the start of the game I'll be focused upon guild jumping potentially as I dont expect the first guild I join to be a raiding guild. From there once I hit cap I'll be looking around for cap level players as well as anyone that is cap level possibly is interested and dedicated enough like me to be a hardcore player.
  8. Methios

Methios Cupcake

this may get good.
  9. Bisqquit

Bisqquit "That" Cupcake

Lol, are you implying that I have? Please, quote away.
    tubthumper likes this.
  10. Kaelang

Kaelang Cupcake-About-Town

I agree with this.

However when you're starting up a fresh guild for the game, you can't really not recruit and solo-dominate 40 man content now can you. :)

Any guild who recruits and remains both friendly and professional is something to look out for pre-launch. On launch, you follow progression in the field you're interested in. Hardcore PvE? Look who's top of progression. Hardcore PvP? Who has the first warplot? Casual? Check them all out!

You can't really 'watch' a guild pre-launch as you have no idea how they're going to progress, what they're like etc. The watching begins on day 1.

11. Azhdaha

Azhdaha Cupcake-About-Town

Heya Red, welcome to the forums. Glad to have you with us. What you've described here is the inherent risk perhaps, that guilds take when recruiting pre-launch or immediately thereafter, but I would not necessarily call it a problem. I don't think that you necessarily meant it this way, but the "good players" bit for most guilds today, while important on one level, is trumped by "does this player fit with my community," I reckon. You're 100% correct about not being able to know where the elite players will be, but most guilds will be able to tell immediately if Player_X would mesh with the rest of the folks or not.

For me, the "casual" part is what you build on now, pre-launch. The friendships you make now with individuals outside of the game (or, perhaps in other games or activities while waiting for launch) are the basis for everything else you'll do in a guild. Eventually a game may run its course, but the friends you meet along the way are potentially there for life.

And this is 100% your prerogative; don't let anyone tell you differently. :)

Good luck to you in your search for a guild, Red, and welcome again to the WSC community!
  12. Insult

Insult Cupcake

I completely agree, with you to a certain extent. As i have said before, a guild is known for its actions and relationship with the community. I was merely talking about its easy to see those that care about who is in their guild and those that are just looking for numbers.
  13. Thrice

Thrice Cupcake

Why are we watching guilds again?

e-stalking? :)
  14. Relapse

Relapse Cupcake

Keep showing them true colours, Terminus. ;)
  15. Classix

Classix Cupcake

See I actually disagree with my leader, I like to go through the LFG topics and read them then make a personalized response to that person. Show them that I actually took the time read their post tell them how my guild relates to their wants and then give them the application link.

But I think Copy/Paste and perhaps not even looking at what they want is just the lazymans method. Not that anyone here would do such a thing :whistling:.
    I've kept an eye on you Bisqquit, and you've stop by those LFG topic's, not for recruiting purposes though.
    Its like birdwatching.

I disagree on some parts. You can see how the guild recruits, how active they are, and get a sense of their individual personality or leaders personality. Plenty of pre-game information, As for actually how they do at release that can't be determined. What guilds will break up? which ones will take world firsts? yet to be seen. I don't think even we are immune to such dramas, but based on our player base I don't think it will happen.
  16. Bisqquit

Bisqquit "That" Cupcake

I do have a look at most posts in the guild recruit section, mainly because most of the other forums are pretty stale or would result in comments that will get me perma-banned. I've trolled other guilds sure, but its always been good humoured (by my standards). Never posted in an LFG thread though. The way we set up, you cant miss us. Potential recruits are always welcome on our TS to find out more and theres a lot of info on our site. Threfore I have no need and it comes off desperate anyway.

Back to the OP. The difference you are quoting is minimal. Some guilds do copy pasta. Some guilds do a custom reply to mix it up. Again, 90% of these LFGs are not the quality our guild are looking for and if they are we tend to either stay out completely anyway or shoot them a PM (still to happen).
    tubthumper likes this.
  17. Ayrasaurus

Ayrasaurus New Cupcake

Simple when you're looking for guilds with players of a top level from other games. E.g if you're looking for a hardcore raiding guild look for a guild with top level raiders from other games who can prove what they have ( Screenshots of world firsts/server firsts).

I don't agree with what the guy speaking about LFG like it's something bad though as i myself made a lfm thread on the guild section of WSC but our guild can prove every single player has gladiator (WoW) or is a pro player from League,Sc2 or Blc and i'm sure there are plenty of raiding guilds on the guild section who have quality players also so idk i just find his generalization kind of stupid. If you're looking for a top tier guild most of the time you could just google some of the guild members and something should come up anyways.

Basically making a post on a LFM/G section of a forum says nothing about your guild other then you are looking for more members and especially for a PvP guild as before a game comes out apart from your direct circle of mates that you play with how are you suppose to find players of the same level from other games?
  18. Bisqquit

Bisqquit "That" Cupcake

I believe you misunderstand me. I have no problems with guilds recruiting. I have my own guild advertised in there also. It's the individuals looking for guilds I won't reply to.
    tubthumper likes this.
  19. Ayrasaurus

Ayrasaurus New Cupcake

Ah ok but why is that a problem then? It's just someone stating they want to join a guild isn't it?
  20. Bisqquit

Bisqquit "That" Cupcake

Of course, I never said I had a problem with it. As per the OP I just stay out of them.
    tubthumper likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.