1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

How I know which guilds to watch.

Discussion in 'Guilds, Circles and Warparties General' started by Insult, May 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WakeskaterX

WakeskaterX Cupcake-About-Town

Guys. Let's all form a guild of Pink Male Aurin Stalkers and go PvP entire towns together.

Pink Bunny Bros for life guys. C'mon it'll be the best.... guild.... ever....
    Xlugon Pyro and Thrice like this.
  2. Ico

Ico Moderator • WSC's Gentle Flower

It seems to be getting harder and harder to have civil threads on WSC :p. Not sure what the point of this one is though... Of course it's logical that people will be more intrigued by a conversation than a copy pasta. My method is to link the copy pasta stuff from our site once there's a dialogue between myself and the potential recruit.
  3. Bisqquit

Bisqquit "That" Cupcake

The point of the thread was there for the OP to point out that his guild favours the custom response rather than a 'copypaste'. Which makes them 'one to look out for' apparently.
    tubthumper likes this.
  4. Classix

Classix Cupcake

Yep, thats my opinion. All copypasta recruiters should be hanged upside down by their toenails while their perspective Guild leaders beat them with a paddle. I will openly admit that.
  5. Thrice

Thrice Cupcake

6. Ico

I do miss the days when trumpet blowing was regulated to bumping one's own recruitment thread!
  7. Bisqquit

Bisqquit "That" Cupcake

I would bump other guilds threads but apparently they don't like our questionable style.
    tubthumper likes this.
  8. Zeus

Zeus Cupcake

I don't quite understand the entire point Insult is trying to get across in this entire thread. It is not a guide to what to look for in a guild (when looking) or even a methodology used to pick out the guilds that deserve a little more attention. The only thing I can gather is it is a poor attempt to say hey look at this guild that list their accomplishments *hint.....terminus...hint*.

After the OP the thread devolved into who Copy Paste stencil recruitment threads are the bane of guild recruiting existence. Mostly by Classix.

This is crazy hypocritical thing to say when your own guilds recruitment thread is as copy paste as they come. Lets compare to other recruitment post.

Terminus
    http://wildstar-central.com/index.p...legend-gaming-guild-dominion-pve-pvp-rp.2701/

CKN
    http://wildstar-central.com/index.php?threads/ckn-hardcore-endgame-pve-progression-guild.3166/

Impulse
    http://wildstar-central.com/index.p...tting-edge-end-game-raiding-guild-exile.3297/

Here are a few threads pulled from the guild recruitment area. All of them list who they are, things they have done, a blurb about their pvp/pve, and how to "try" and join. They are all similar must mean copy pasted.

I get trying to recruit but this is just insulting to other guilds. We all get you are insinuating Terminus as the GUILD 3 in the OP. Why would anyone care who you're watching? Do you have some sort of nack for picking winners or are you just trying to blow smoke and get attention?

While I am on the topic.

"The Top 1% of the Top 1%.”

I would like some proof of this because so far all there has been is flaunting around a few 8-man server first kills on a dead SWOTR server of which you yourself and Terminus did not do. It seem stupidly pretentious thing to do is call yourself "The top 1% of the 1%" when there is no past example of it period. Before it gets said. Role Playing does not count.

It is getting old to see every Terminus post and realize it is the same thing over and over. Look we are terminus we are the best with nothing to back it up and you should listen to what we have to say on how to find a hardcore raiding guild.

rant over.
  9. Bisqquit

Bisqquit "That" Cupcake

[​IMG]
  10. Demosthenes

Demosthenes Cupcake

11. Inv1cted

Inv1cted Cupcake-About-Town

I personally would look through the guilds on my server and then app at the ones I though were at a level of progression I wanted to be at.
  12. Classix

Classix Cupcake

I'm disgusted by the copy and paste responses in LFG threads and think its very unprofessional for a supposed hardcore guild to make such a shoddy attempts. Still, I am 0/8 on that so maybe people like copy pasta. Typing a response to someone who writes a page long about themselves and what they are looking for deserves more effort then copying and pasting a pre-made messages. Your free to use that method, just as I'm free to express my opinion about said method.

-My personal feelings do not necessarily represent my guilds-

As for our actual recruitment thread? Everyone copies and pastes their main page message its information that does not usually change. Everyone also bumps it with idle chatter or photos. We are not talking about Guild Recruitment Threads though.
  13. Ico

I genuinely couldn't hope for more out of this thread.
  14. Yorobashi

Yorobashi Cupcake

Well... That's Legend Gaming gents. I've always wondered if they really truly believe themselves in the top 1% of the top 1% of players (that's the top .01% gents, these lads were in WoW, and Legend Gaming has never broken the top .5% let alone as high as .01% You should do a bit of a background check of your own guild before you go spouting stuff like that. The internet is a wonderful treasure trove of ancient information.

I would like to point out that I'm not in any way a fan of copy pasta for a reply to someones LFG post, though I have nothing against guilds who do advertise to these players and others. It helps promote that individuals post to get them more notice from other guilds, and at the same time gives other players an idea of what guilds are looking for in members right now.

To be a bit of a hypocrite at the same time at launch, I'll be whispering all players who are staying with the higher end of the leveling curve with hopes of getting a quick step into 40 man raiding content, much of which will probably be a copy/pasta introduction to those individuals. It may end up being paramount to ensure that our guild gets server if not world first boss kills depending on how many truly hardcore members we get by launch.
    Methios likes this.
  15. Methios

Methios Cupcake

4. Does Terminus aim to be competitive (hardcore) in PvE/ PvP?

We certainly do. If you are a competitive player in PvE or PvP, we have like minded individuals here with a progression mentality that will be eager to welcome you in their ranks, provided you have what it takes. In our past, we have always been the #1 guild on our server in PvE and PvP, respectfully. If we're not pushing the envelope in raiding, we're not happy with ourselves.

So not true?
  16. Bisqquit

Bisqquit "That" Cupcake

While not as bad as a Special Delivery you have have to wonder what the TOP 1% OF THE TOP 1% is even doing in an LFG thread.
    tubthumper likes this.
  17. Yorobashi

Yorobashi Cupcake

Well i mean... they might seriously get server firsts.

http://www.wowprogress.com/pve/us/gurubashi
    when servers can look like this in other games, who can doubt that they got a few server firsts. As far as world firsts, I cant think of a one. But world first is something that slips through a lot of our fingers. But I honestly cant recall anything outstanding about them. They're a solid raiding guild, not the worst, but definitely not the best.

In all seriousness though, I have no serious quarrel with Terminus. They just have several very obnoxious and elitist players. Taking the mentality of something they clearly are not also bothers me. Their games of reference for being the leaders in are games that have all but flopped. SWTOR, WAR, AoC, and Darkfall are not the best games to use as examples to show off world first skills on when they had dramatically shrinking communities and/or are notorious for having had poor quality end game PvP and PvE.

I do know however, that The Deadliest Sin did a good job staying ahead of Legend back in WAR, can't wait to see them both on the battlefield and to see if they can keep up with us on the PvE leaderboards.
  18. Ico

To inspire us to want more, to live for excess and to just be better. I don't know why people like you can't get your head around the fact that the 1% are there to give us something to aspire to. Without them we'd never achieve any progress and we'd never feel content as we wouldn't know where we stack up in comparison (which is miles below btw).
    Yorobashi likes this.
  19. Bisqquit

Bisqquit "That" Cupcake

I've got 99.99 problems but being in Terminus ain't one.
    tubthumper likes this.
  20. DPSClass

DPSClass New Cupcake

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.