1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Howdy folks!

Discussion in 'Personal Introductions' started by Maurodax, May 17, 2013.

1. Maurodax

Maurodax Cupcake

The name's Maurodax, i got 24 yesterday so i'm probably older than most of you youngens.

My first MMO experience was World of Warcraft (surprise, surprise!), and i got totally hooked. Played it waaaay to much, although i was <REDACTED> at it. After that i've played several different MMO's, such as Tera, SWTOR and different F2P MMOs. And now i'm hooked to Wildstar, woe is me T_T Vicious circle, indeed. Great for the Carbine team thou!

I am currently living in Sweden where we have Polar Bears instead of dogs and cats.
    The winters here are horrible, cold and white.. and cold, i don't mind the dark thou, the darkness is nice, oh and did i mention it's cold here?

I belive this to be it, so best regards and all that mates!
    Azhdaha likes this.
  2. Britney

Britney Cupcake

Welcome!
    Nice to see some more Swedes :D
    Maurodax likes this.
  3. Rumze

Rumze "That" Cupcake

Hey there bud! Welcome to the forums.
  4. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Welcome to the WSC, hope you enjoy it in here as much as i do :D

Since we also got members from the age of 40-50 i think you are considered one of the youngsters aswell.

Ah well, age says not as much as people believe it does anyway....
  5. Maurodax

Maurodax Cupcake

Haha okey ;) I suppose i have to qualify as one of the young ones then. But i feel old, i mean.. even my friends call my "Grandpa".

Oh and thanks to Rumze and Britney for the welcomming :D Much appreciated! ^^
  6. Kataryna

Kataryna Super Cupcake

Official Random Kat Welcome Welcome! :D Enjoy your stay here at WSC! :)

also, yea you're one of the young'uns. i'm 28 (gasp a woman willingly revealing her age!!)!!
    Maurodax likes this.
  7. Maurodax

Maurodax Cupcake

Haha thanks Kat!
  8. Dyraele

Dyraele "That" Cupcake

Welcome youngen! Sit back, relax, and enjoy your stay.

I am 54, so I could be your dad. I do not think I am the oldest either.
    Kataryna likes this.
  9. Revon

Revon Well-Known Cupcake

Howdy neighbour! And welcome to WSC :)
  10. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

I can relate to that....been working this year with kids from the ages of 3,5 to 5, and they love to say things like: ''oh you're old!'', or things like ''sir'' etc.
    And then....oh God....i'll be an uncle soon aswell....i mean a brother in law who's twice my age but who acts if he could be my younger brother and my sister who isn't really mature aswell, will get a child and i'll be uncle....omg........sorry i'm getting distracted here a little ;)

Time sure flies :D

Also ''Grandpa'' can that be something like you act very mature for your age? Or is it just a stupid nickname without any meaning behind it?
  11. Maurodax

Maurodax Cupcake

Haha yeah i know what you're going threw, same thing happend to me when i had to get my brother home from his daycare, "How old are you?" "Are you really his brother?" and stuff like that, funny but at the saem time.. abit sad ^^'

Couldn't agree more, the older i get the faster time flies, or so it feels.

I suppose it's abit of both, they started calling me that because of the fact that i'm the oldest one of my friends, and then it just got stuck with me. Kinda like my second nickname; "Ginger", guess you can't guess why :p
  12. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

HHmmmm ''Ginger''....well that could mean alot of things, doesn't is?

1. Ginger was first cultivated in South Asia, so mayby your asian?

2. Then again the word is originated from Dravidian so you can be from southern india...

3. But since Ginger produces a hot, fragrant spice, it could also mean your a bit of a hot-head (short tempered).

4. The part mostly used of the Ginger plant is the root, which can mean you are the root of your friends, meaning they can all fall back on you if they need someone. So that can mean you are a very friendly person.

.....i just don't know.....mayby you are a friendly asian hot-head? :D That will do :up:

Also nicknames...love them!

I've been called with my nickname since i was 6 years old, and i got so used to it (teachers/family etc all called me that way).
    But then the horror came!!! I moved to the other side of the country and people here start calling me by my first name again!!! And then they wonder when i sometimes don't respond to them.....can you blame me? I've been called by my nickname for 15 years and suddenly i get called by my first name??

Well i'll Welcome you again with my Nickname:

Welcome to the WSC :D
    I'm Baako, nice to meet you. (pronounced just like a Bacardi Coke, ''Baco'' in the Netherlands), and no that wasn't a ''normal'' drink when i was called that way :p Unless 6 years old kids already knew that drink.
    And also i aint a Alchoholic!!!!
  13. Maurodax

Maurodax Cupcake

Haha you seem to have taken the time to really thoruly (did i spell that right? :confused:) search the word Ginger,
    what i meant thou is because i'm a redhead, although you arn't that far off with your guess, except the asian part. xD And as for the hot headiness, i'm usually quite calm but when i do get angry, "Hide your wifes, hide your kids".

And i see your frustration with the name calling, having the same problem myself:
    -"Hey Ginger?!"
    -"Yeah?"

-"Tobbe?!" (Short for Tobias and not Toby as some people think ;))
    -"..." no answer...

And again i thank you my friend! Must say i'm surprised about the friendliness on these forums, compared to the most forums where person A thinks person B is stupid and vice versa, quite refreshing!
  14. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

haha i knew about the redhaid, although i never really care how people look. I'm rather more interested in what they think, what they do etc. kinda the psyci of people.

As for the friendliness....that's mostly because i still believe you will make the right choice in picking the dominion's side in this Galaxy war.

Also if i where to watch the anime ''Hellsing'' would you tell me to watch the 13th episode tv series or the 10th episode Ultimate version, or both?
    Hellsing was still on my list, but if 1 of the 2 isn't really nice i will forget about that one. That would really help my list of ''Still to watch anime'' ;)
  15. Maurodax

Maurodax Cupcake

Haha damn! Now what do i do? I'm having a friendly conversation with a dominian? And i was thinking of choosing Exile (Auri) ^^' Now i'm in a dilemma :D

And yeah i'm more of the personality type kind of guy aswell :)

As for the Hellsing, i'd say 10th Episode of Ultimate, since the Ultimate follows the manga more, while the TV series stopped following the manga after the third episode or so, and they company who made the TV series actually even got a scolding from the mangaka himself.

So yeah i'd say Ultimate, unless you're having problem with blood in your series. :)
  16. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Oke Ultimate it is, since my favorite anime's are almost all Horror/17+ animes :D No anime is complete without blood :sneaky:

Also you must be kidding about the Exile's right? Or are you serious? I mean i still got a nice little spot for you on my wall if that's the case. Just check my signature to see all those who have deserved a place on that.

You'll be joining the headhunt list soon if you are serious about the Exiles.
  17. Revon

Revon Well-Known Cupcake

Don't listen to him! The Dominion are evil and they smell funny!
    Xlugon Pyro likes this.
  18. Maurodax

Maurodax Cupcake

Haha not entirely sure mate, i might switch to dominion when they show the last races :)
    Extatica likes this.
  19. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

I'll keep track of you then, like a Mechari ninja stalker :ninja:
    We'll either meet in-game and do some dungeon's or we'll meet in-game and i got a nice new trophy on my wall :up:
  20. Maurodax

Maurodax Cupcake

Haha indeed! It's people like you who might make me defect to the dominion side! Damn your influence :D
    Extatica likes this.