1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

I am a Lore Whore, help me with my addiction

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by Philbe63, May 7, 2014.

1. Philbe63

Philbe63 New Cupcake

Even if it wasn't a Scientist path requirement to find all the datacubes, I want...no I NEED to find all the datacubes. And the journals. And the Tales from Beyond the Fringe. (see title of post)

There was a great addon that helped me (enabled?) called Radar. But it hasn't been updated since the last big patch with the new UI . The same goes for NavMate which at least would put lore icons on the mini-map so I would know if I was close to one.

Does anyone have any suggestions to help (enable) me with finding all these little tidbits of goodness?

I would even be happy with a little directional ping like the Explorer's get for the claim staking, but no us Scientists don't even get that. All we get is that mission sitting in our datacron, mocking us. I can feel it mocking me...it's little sing song voice 'you didn't finish...you didn't finish'

I hate that voice.
  2. Kataryna

Kataryna Super Cupcake

i'm fairly certain that by Launch at least one of those addons will be updated.
  3. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

They will come, give the developers of those add-ons some time to adjust to all the changes ;)

But here's to those who work around the clock to find them without the help of add-ons!!
    Last edited: May 7, 2014
  4. Domi Dayglow

Domi Dayglow Super Cupcake

I think the best time to really invest in addons will be around July or August. There's bound to be patch updates before launch. It also gives the addon developers a full month or two for them to work out the bugs in their system.
    Kataryna likes this.
  5. Credz

Credz New Cupcake

I agree here but I think mainly a month because addon workers and developers are being able to push out their own content faster and faster and are starting to be able to do things directly after patches.

But we don't know exactly what is all to come directly after May 19-May 31st (Pre-Release), but whatever it is will probably be something huge. To the point to lore, eventually there will be more and more lore put into the game especially "end game". There is apparently also a quest line around level 35 that going from 35-50 and they will be uploading episodes every now again. But you obviously can't do that because open beta is only 1-30. But anyways enjoy the lore, there is a lot to come once launch begins.
  6. Mike Vance

Mike Vance New Cupcake

Don't worry Philbe. I'm right there with ya. Lore Monkey 4 Life!
    Philbe63 likes this.
  7. CRB_PChan

CRB_PChan Carbine Studios

Spoiler: Dominion beats the Exiles into submission on Nexus using Eldan tech and brings each race back into the Empire thanks to a cute, but awfully vicious little Chua named <redacted>, played by yours truly.
    Ianpact, SDR, Extatica and 1 other person like this.
  8. SDR

SDR Cupcake

Not if I'm there to do something about it!
  9. Domi Dayglow

Domi Dayglow Super Cupcake

......I want a dislike button.