1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

i need help with my class

Discussion in 'WildStar Classes & Paths' started by Stich, Dec 31, 2013.

?

so what do you think i should play at launch and why

Poll closed Jan 15, 2014.
  1. Stalker DPS/Tank

8 vote(s)
    61.5%
  2. Medic DPS

3 vote(s)
    23.1%
  3. Esper DPS

1 vote(s)
    7.7%
  4. Engineer DPS/Tank

1 vote(s)
    7.7%
  1. Stich

Stich Cupcake

ok here is the problem, at first i was set on making an esper, but after some digging and watching streams, other vids, i can hounestly say i have no clue witch class to play.

i am severely stuck between Medic DPS, Stalker DPS/Tank, Esper DPS, Engineer DPS/Tank

what might help you, help me, is in the games ive played ive always been the sadistic bugger to jump into a raid grade, mob, and go nuts trying to kill them, with my sage and sorc in swtor, i always went melee range because i love being in the thick and heat of battle (prolly why i enjoyed playing a power tech so much) in Dragon age origins my mage was always up close and personal wearing dragon plate armour.

so chances are if i make an esper lol its not gonan be shooting at range, nope its gonna be swinging those phantom swords, and slapping you with bird strike XD and spinning on my toes.

but problem is i like every one of the mentioned classes they all seem great, my first tankingexperience came with SWTOR around level 30 something i had my assassin respec into tank from dps

im gonna make a poll for this so please post what you think would be best for me and comment why if possible.
  2. Diagas

Diagas Cupcake

Heya, I'm gonna vote/suggest Stalker for you for a few reasons. From your post, you said you like to be up front in the action. As a Stalker, you'll be in melee range utilizing dodges and evasive maneuvering. Another reason why is that from the information provided, you have experience tanking as well. As a Stalker, you'll have both the options of tanking or DPSing for raids. My second choice for you would be a DPS Medic, but Stalker touts it for the class role reasoning. If you do pick Medic, your other option is to be a healer. Would you be okay with that?

To give a bit more context in deciding what class to roll, you have to think about the roles that they have. I personally know I wanted to have a healer class, which limits me to Spellslinger, Medic, or Esper. Through information I've gathered, I deducted that a Medic doesn't seem to suit my playstyle too well. It would be too telegraphic-dependent on its playstyle, and other players are hard to predict outside of an organized group (preferably with voice chat). Leaving me with Esper and Spellslinger, I decided that Spellslinger would be an easier choice for PVP healing due to their mobility. Since I know I want to do both PVE and PVP, I figure this would be the best option for myself.

Now all that's left to decide for me is race. And same in your case too. I'm assuming you want to be a Chua? ;) They can't be Stalkers, so if that's an issue you'll have to figure out a different path. But from what's given, my TLDR response is Stalker all the way!
    Dargenus likes this.
  3. Stich

Stich Cupcake

first of all thanks for replying with a non trolling response ^^
    second of all my main focus will be PVP in swtor and warcraft i only ever off healed (was a pandaren mist weaver healer for pvp and dungeons) but for the same reasons you stated, medic healing doesn't sound good to me, their DPS how ever does appeal to me they seem like the anti stalker with their fields, i probably will go stalker once i get more information but i figured id make the post and poll and get some more advice than streams and youtube
  4. mmimzie

mmimzie New Cupcake

Well when i imagine you playing i imagine hearing the sounds of rapid raging aggressive button presing lol. Becuase of this i recommend the (you got me <.< edit)stalker. The other classes have a lot of channels that require you to chill out between button presses.

If you think you can bide your time some. I'd recommend the Esper. You really seem ot like the whole mage thing but they have some moves that let you be up close and personal. However, you'll be in light armor and pretty vulnerable for some one who has to be all that close, but maybe if you use your immortality root innate properly that might not matter. Just know armor apparently is very effective in this game. I think i heard heavy armor block 40-50% damage where light only gets 10-20%?? The other close ranges classes either have heavy or at least medium armor. Edit: also i hate to multi-post so: On further consideration looking at some of the tiers of the various esper melee abilities, it would seem that these abilities do give you abit of extra tankiness maybe to make up for the light armor.
  5. Merganser

Merganser New Cupcake

Are there limited character slots, or significant class gameplay changes at high levels?

Why not try out several and see which you like the most to stick with?
    Kataryna likes this.
  6. coreymj78

coreymj78 Cupcake-About-Town

Hmm, I never heard of the "talker" before, what does he do? Make your ears bleed? (sorry couldn't resist)

Anyway, I just noticed this thread after replying to some adivce given to me on another thread I started similar to this one. Personally, I always play a hunter / ranger or rogue type class (one of the two) and I think I like the Spellslinger and Engineer the best, but here are the pros and cons I see with both these classes:

As far as the Engineer, I like the bots, the heavier armor, the gadgets, etc. but I don't like the shorter range skills, the speed penalty with ranged, and also still worried about tanking expectations.

As far as the Slinger, I like the long range, the mobility, the void slip skill, etc. but I don't like the light armor, the emphasis on "spells" and magic, and I don't favor cast skills, unless you can move while casting. And normally hunter classes have medium armor, so yeah, you can't be a tank, but you aren't like super squish like clothies either. Know what I mean?

Now normally since I have played a lot of rogues in other games, I would immediately go for the Stalker, but personally I'm sick of melee, so it's either a semi-ranged Engy or a long range Spellslinger. Anyway, for you personally, I would think Engineer since they still have range (so you have that option) but they are melee and heavy armor at the same time so you'll be in the thick of things. If you don't like the gadgety, techy, blowing thigns up kind of class, then go for Stalker. Stalker seems like a fun class if you like moving around a lot and being up front and personal.