1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

I saw a horse once.

Discussion in 'Personal Introductions' started by Viper, Jun 1, 2013.

1. Viper

Viper New Cupcake

Hi!

It's true, I did see a horse once, but that's not why I'm here. I'm here to introduce myself to this fine establishment.

I'm a random guy from Denmark, which isn't super interesting, but I do own Dumb & Dumber on VHS, twice on DVD and on Blu-ray.

I like creating and learning things, which currently means I'm making music (sort of, I have no idea what I'm doing), taking photos (again I have no idea what I'm doing, but that's not stopping me), programming (which we'll get into a bit later) and videos (got to use that Adobe Production Premium CS6 I bought for something, right?). I've also tried a bunch of other stuff related to "creating" and might return to some of them at one point (drawing, 3D graphics and such).
    I'm pretty much self-taught in everything I do (which might explain why I'm not good at it :p), but it's how I like to learn. :)

I mention programming and this is where it gets interesting for the WildStar community. I like making add-ons for the MMOG's I play (assuming it's possible).
    I have made over 40 add-ons for World of Warcraft during the fairly short time I played it.
    I made add-ons for Age of Conan - although it was limited at the time what you could do - mostly re-skinning really - but I did create some fancy things despite the limitations.
    Right now I'm making add-ons for The Secret World and have a blog dealing with that, which can be viewed here (should you be interested): http://tswaddons.wordpress.com/

As the banner in my signature suggests I plan on making add-ons for WildStar as well. :)

I got my nickname from Top Gun, a movie I also own a few times on DVD and Blu-ray (and the soundtrack on SACD).

My gaming history started when I was 5 or 6 and my dad would sometimes bring home a 8086 PC from work and I would play stuff like King's Quest, Space Invaders and Tetris on it. It was glorious! I also had a Pong TV system (with a lightgun as well!). Then from when I was around 7 or so it was quiet up until my mid-teens where I got an Amiga 500 (such a marvelous piece of machinery) and later a 1200. I do regret selling them though... That was stupid. :(
    After that I got into PC's with a 486 DX2 80 MHz (it had a Diamond Viper graphics card, w00t!) and it went from there. I have always built my own systems - the first one being no exception.
    My first MMO was World of Warcraft. I was completely oblivious to the genre before that as I was too busy working and it was only because a friend and co-worker made me aware of WoW that I realised such a thing existed. I even managed to start beta testing WoW from before Horde was even in the game. Since then I've played various other MMO's, where Age of Conan is probably the one where I've had the most fun by just running around leveling alts and PvP'ing in the world while leveling.
    Transport Tycoon Deluxe is probably the best game ever made though. ;P
    While waiting for WildStar I'm playing The Secret World. Besides that some Battlefield 3 is also something that I might spend time on and eagerly awaiting number 4. Likewise I'm also looking forward to Watch_Dogs, which I'm not sure if I should get for the PC or PS4 (got one pre-ordered).
    My current computer can be viewed here: http://www.wildstar-central.com/index.php?threads/lets-post-our-pcs.1039/page-4#post-87356

I posted a photo of myself in the appropriate thread, so if you're wondering, go here to look at me: http://www.wildstar-central.com/index.php?threads/meet-the-forum.1526/page-9#post-86244

I will play Dominion and on a PvP server. I'll likely pick the explorer path. Class will probably be Esper or Spellslinger, from the looks of it, but let's see what the remaining two classes will be.

So uh, yeah... I guess that will do it. Horses are pretty wicked, aren't they? Too bad they're so rare though. :(
    Dualist and Extatica like this.
  2. Zeebo

Zeebo Cupcake

Dominion, choice of champions, welcome my minion! :up:
  3. Dualist

Dualist Cupcake-About-Town

[​IMG]
    Classix likes this.
  4. Ayora

Ayora Cupcake-About-Town

Welcome I say! p.o

[​IMG]
  5. Classix

Classix Cupcake

I look forward to see what you make. Also you made a wise faction choice.

Welcome and what not ;)
  6. Azhdaha

Azhdaha Cupcake-About-Town

Velkommen Viper, and well met! I'm most pleased to make your acquaintance.

I too was blessed with seeing a horse once. Did yours look like this?

[​IMG]
  7. Flunk

Flunk New Cupcake

Welcome. Nice to have another dane to the team.

How was it like? To see those horses thingies?
  8. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

And if someone says he's gonna play dominion....where are all those obnoxious Exiles now?

Let's give you a warm Dominion Welcome to the WSC family, hope you enjoy it in here as much as i do :D
  9. crowsong

crowsong Cupcake-About-Town

Horses are rare? o.o Im also a programmer, although I have no add-on experience, i work in java, C#, python, mySQL, and HTML/php/css
  10. Viper

Viper New Cupcake

Not far off, but I seem to recall it being a bit longer. But granted as you rarely see horses it could be that I'm just remembering it wrong.
  11. Viper

Viper New Cupcake

Pretty damn epic, I tell you! I mean, horses... Man...
  12. Azhdaha

Azhdaha Cupcake-About-Town

As someone who has eaten horse, I feel partially responsible for the their plight... did I inadvertently wipe those noble beasts from the planet with my senseless actions?
  13. Kethrym

Kethrym Well-Known Cupcake

Welcome to WSC, actually nevermind...I've talked to you before.....geeez.........:p
  14. Viper

Viper New Cupcake

Of course! Very mythical creatures that few have had the chance to actually see.
    Yeah, I've done stuff in C#, Java, JavaScript/JScript, VBScript, MS-SQL, HTML/CSS (I've worked as a web developer), Flash/ActionScript, batch (trololol) and other minor stuff.
    I have a lot of knowledge about UI/UX design which I also find super interesting and keep learning new stuff about. This is part of what makes making add-ons interesting - finding new and optimal ways of relaying information (especially during combat) while otherwise keeping the screen free of UI elements.
    I very much work within a more dynamic and reactive UI that will show you the information you need, where you need and when you need and otherwise not bother you. :)
  15. Viper

Viper New Cupcake

Not quite yet, but I'm watching you. There's no reason to make them more rare than they already are. The joy of actually seeing a horse in real life is something all people should experience.
    Azhdaha likes this.
  16. Myrrdhinn

Myrrdhinn Well-Known Cupcake

Horses are good.

Welcome here! :D I'm looking forward to see your add-ons :)
  17. Kaelang

Kaelang Cupcake-About-Town

Yay for addons.

That's the only reason I like you.

(Don't play dominion and I'll welcome you..)
  18. Nyxis

Nyxis Cupcake-About-Town

Welcome to the community, Viper. :)
  19. Blankspace

Blankspace WTB Fun Forum Title

#DominionDomination

Here to show support! Welcome to WSC!
  20. Kataryna

Kataryna Super Cupcake

somehow i missed saying "welcome welcome" to you...so there you go ;-)