1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

I think this article is very relevant in regards to MMO culture

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Paterk, Nov 21, 2013.

1. Paterk

Paterk Cupcake-About-Town

http://www.cracked.com/blog/4-awful-things-were-now-considering-nerd-behavior/

#4 - It never fails me how video game fans think like this. If a game is great then everything is gravy and its business as usual. It doesn't matter that people are making this for us. And at the very least, we see them as a Publisher (read the anti christ).

#3 - Blizzard

#2 - Get away from me you filthy casuals. The PC master race commands this of you.

#1 - Good LORD yes in regards to the MMO crowd. Makes me sick.
    Eliat_kuni likes this.
  2. Dirty Outlaw

Dirty Outlaw Cupcake-About-Town

I agree and I hate these people with a passion they ruin a lot of things for people with healthy levels of playing games or hobbies whatever floats your boat. Its these people that make me have to explain to others that I am a normal person after they found I like [insert out of norm thing].

Yeah I play mmos but I work, I live in my own apartment and yes I can talk to girls like a normal person.

But the sad part is that these things are not just nerd things they are jock things, art hipster things and generally speaking people things.

just nerds get the bad rap, its bull.
  3. filanwizard

filanwizard Cupcake-About-Town

game haters are also annoying, That is people who hate a game or game system just because its popular. I mean mention WoW anywhere near fans of another MMO and they go nuts.
  4. Deltre

Deltre Cupcake-About-Town

Not to derail the current sentiments of the thread, but JF Sargent is probably one of the worst writers on cracked.

Also, John Cheese has done if the best articles I have ever read that pertain to life.

But yes I agree somewhat and all that junk.
  5. Paterk

Paterk Cupcake-About-Town

Yeah the editor seems to interject too much of his own loathing and bitterness into his work. He tries to spin it as clever, but it comes off as completely transparent.

Anyway its not ground breaking news. It just a collection of core sentiments I share, and lately WSC has been WAY too guilty of them all. It seems that the only people posting anymore are the people described in the article.
    Eliat_kuni likes this.