1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

I would like W* to be release on PS4 as well!

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by Gronky, Jun 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gronky

Gronky Cupcake-About-Town

Just to add one more huge nail to xbox one coffin.

2. Denne

Denne New Cupcake

No thanks.

3. azmundai

azmundai Well-Known Cupcake

it probably will be ...with 7-10 active abilities, you can pretty much play it with a controller anyway :(

4. Psistorm

Psistorm Cupcake-About-Town

It'd be a strong title, but on the other hand you'd really have to worry about how to port the game well. You would have to utterly and completely redo the UI, a lot of controls etc, would have to come up with a way to do a complex key mapping - we are talking 9 skills, the group member targeting, mob targeting, mob marking, movement controls etc etc onto the PS4 controller.
    Honestly I don't think you could pull all those buttons off feasibly. Ontop of that is the redesign of the UI, everything is optimized for mouse control, so you would need something more akin to how Defiance looks, which would in turn be cumbersome to navigate with KBAM. And that would probably also make W* the first game to have two separate user interfaces in parallel.

Lastly is the game difficulty, Wildstar is going to be difficult and challenging, and with the limitations of a controller, I do have to wonder if it would be a fair game for console owners to keep the intended difficulty. That said I sure don't want to diss them, but there is the worry that the game would also need to be tweaked in difficulty or simplified. Defiance was a cross-platform MMO, and it definitely wasn't a very complex or content-rich one.

ruff_ethereal likes this.
  5. Leviathain

Leviathain New Cupcake

I think Microsoft has taken enough punishment this E3 lol. The idea is interesting but seems like a whole lot of work for Carbine. Since the only way the game could function as a MMO on Ps4 would be to make it cross platform and be able to play with PC players. Something I'm not against it but i like the way Carbine is headed. Console players need to buy a PC and enjoy the immersion the right PC gaming equipment can give you.

6. Sakorath67

Sakorath67 Cupcake

Oh God, no. Please no. Leave the MMO on PC. Trying to cater to entirely different player bases at the same time will just make for a very sloppy release with mediocre features, at best, for both side. Just no.

ESO has made that mistake. Hopefully, Wildstar does not.

7. Ellianar

Ellianar Cupcake-About-Town

ESO has just burried himself with the announce of console portage which is a shame for any MMO ( and eso was already insulting the concept of mmo enough )

8. azmundai

I wont be playing ESO, but they sold what? 10 million copies of Skyrim at release? Most of those people will probably buy ESO too and the mmo industry will never be the same ... again ...

inb4 ESO clone

9. Sakorath67

Sakorath67 Cupcake

Well, we can agree they made the correct financial move. The game wasn't pleasing enough of the MMO crowd. So they are probably going to scrap a lot of the present MMO features (the few there are) and make it just an Elder Scrolls multi-player game, and sell a ton of more boxes to the console crowd.

Cheap move, but we could all see it wasn't going to make the MMO crowd overly happy.

WILDSTAR, HOWEVER

Should not do this. It is a much more traditional style of MMO and I wouldn't think it would fair well in a console environment. Keep it for the PC/Mac if they release a mac version...even though I probably dislike Apple more than consoles.

Apostate likes this.
  10. trillz

trillz New Cupcake

Its like saying put WoW on xbox -_-

11. azmundai

why would they do that when they can develop Skyrim 2, slap an AH and a chat box on it and call in an MMO? There are literally millions of MMOers who will buy anything.

12. BonusStage

BonusStage Well-Known Cupcake

Dont really like playing MMORPG's on consoles, i dont think it works very well.

And the last nail on the Coffin is XBone being priced at 1100$USD where i live, so <REDACTED> it

This next gen has some neat MMO Racing and MMO TPS/FPS games, Destiny and The Unit are looking very good, i hope DEstiny ends up on PC.

But i have no interest on WSO being on a console.

13. Sakorath67

Sakorath67 Cupcake

It simply appears that their crowd of focus has changed, and that wouldnt surprise me. Why not change features around to better suit that crowd.

Edit*

For all I care, they can leave the MMO typical features in. However, I, personally, am not sure how that would be welcomed into the console crowd.

The console crowd has been the largest crowd in the ES franchise anyways, so why not cater to em now that it is being release for console.

Look at Skyrim sales PC versus Console.

Apostate likes this.
  14. Genoshock

Genoshock Cupcake-About-Town

i just dont want to split the community between pc and console... and then if they make it cross platform that just brings its own instabilities ... also would the ps4 people like to pay the subscription (if there will be one) as well or is the 50$ per year already your limit?

15. Sakorath67

Sakorath67 Cupcake

Most likely B2P with this announcement.... but who knows.

16. Dragon

Dragon Cupcake

Considering all the support for addons by Carbine, it's highly unlikely they'd even consider going cross-platform with a console.

The announcement for ESO pretty much guaranteed I won't be wasting much time with it.

Kleev likes this.
  17. Genoshock

Genoshock Cupcake-About-Town

so what announcement are you talking about here? there hasnt been a wildstar announcement today .... or are you saying somehow sony has a say in ncsoft's game's business model?

18. Mel

Mel Cupcake-About-Town

I vote HECK NO!!!

Afrotech, Walram, cirk and 1 other person like this.
  19. Sakorath67

Sakorath67 Cupcake

Oh, some confusion I suppose. I was saying, if a game were to go cross-platform I would doubt there would be a sub model. That is all. Console gamers aren't too fond of nor familiar with paying subscription fees for a GAME. I am not trying to count Xbox Live as a sub fee for a game.

20. DrThreaded

DrThreaded Cupcake

[​IMG]

This thread really didn't need to be made....

For the record, any cross platform MMO means the PC crowd will slap the console crowd around and that the combat would be watered down, puddle deep, Skyrim styled combat so that it would work with a controller.

Which would be bad for everyone involved. (lol ESO)

ruff_ethereal and Genoshock like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.