1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

I'd like to take a second to talk about Boobs.

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by Imafrakkincylon, May 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Imafrakkincylon

Imafrakkincylon Cupcake

Yup. Boobs. You heard me. Breasts. Mammaries. Those bouncy, soft things on female chests.

Devs, I'm sorry. I love your game. I want to play it right now. I'm already running around the game I play going "If that boss attack had a telegraph we'd be able to move out of it faster" and "Man I wish I could dash to the side" and etc etc.

But we need to have a talk about boobs.

Because I don't know if you have females on your development team, but it's likely that not a single one of them, unless they're wearing one really REALLY nice push up bra (and are naturally endowed pretty nicely to begin with), has boobs like the ones on your female characters.

Those things. They are huge. They are huge and defying gravity. I heard there were crystals and weird flowers on Nexus that did that, but nothing about brassieres that did.

They look completely out of place on your lithe, wiry Aurin. They look top heavy. They look like someone upsized bullet shapes, rounded the tips a bit, and strapped them to the front of a character model. They are torpedos. They are unnatural.

Now don't get me wrong. I don't mind decent sized breasts on females, and I am one. I get that there are plenty more people out there that want a decent cup size on their female avatars. I know there's a certain, shall we say, audience you guys need to appeal to.

But for god's sake, scale those things back a bit. Just a little bit. Just enough so that they A: Hang a bit lower, like gravity makes natural breasts do and B: makes it so I stop fearing what'll happen if my character's breasts make their way out of their shirt and hit them upside the head.

Because dude, with double jump and dash, that is a real fear, and they're already looking like they're big enough to give people who are too close a concussion.

I don't even care if you give us a breast slider, as long as the slider has lots of smaller options and the current size is one of the bigger ones. Make everyone happy, it's all good. But please let my girls run around without perpetual back pain issues.

Thank you!
    Saza, Mordorkin, Adolpho and 61 others like this.
  2. Naunet

Naunet Well-Known Cupcake

I don't have enough "yes"s to give to this post.

I love you.
    Dragon, Luc, ruff_ethereal and 2 others like this.
  3. SojournerScience

SojournerScience New Cupcake

I would agree, a little adjustment wouldn't go amiss.

As long as they come nowhere as near as the level other games like Tera pushes it, I'm fine.
  4. McGamer

McGamer Cupcake

I support sliders of all kinds...
    FruitPunchHero likes this.
  5. Cowboy

Cowboy Cupcake-About-Town

Haha, I feel like you were staring at your avatar while you were writing this. :D
    Khrusky likes this.
  6. Imafrakkincylon

Imafrakkincylon Cupcake

I just realised the irony of that like three second ago. Hah!

But even on my avatar, those things are hanging a little more naturally (I didn't draw the art, I only colored it, and it's a sad reality that in the comics industry breasts are also pretty gigantic everywhere, grrr).
  7. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Alot of guys are visual (atleast i am!) So mayby some pictures to....well....visualise it? :rolleyes:
  8. Sonntam

Sonntam Cupcake-About-Town

I can deal with Granok and Mechari breasts, even Draken boobs look fine on them, but when it comes to Aurin and humans I start getting phantom back aches myself.

As I understood there are no modifiers for body weight/height and things like that currently and trying to implement boob size slider may be not possible. But I'd be very happy if the developers added the option to change boob size even if after game launch, I can wait. It would be either way nice to know that I don't wait for nothing.
  9. Kleev

Kleev Cupcake-About-Town

I like boobs, especially big ones! If there were a boob slider I'd make those fun bags even bigger!

Truthfully, I don't really care. Boobs.
    Six, Caleb, Teehk and 6 others like this.
  10. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

No!!!!!!!!!!
    Then atleast make it more like in real life, give them some ticket for a ''high tech laser boob-job'' once it's implemented. That way you don't break the immersion :up:
  11. Imafrakkincylon

Imafrakkincylon Cupcake

Yar, as I understand it there are no current sliders implemented and there's probably no time right now. I'm hoping they'll consider the idea of making them smaller on at least the human and aurin models (I admit I haven't noticed this issue on the other races you've mentioned, I haven't seen them as much) at release.

Maybe with the option to upgrade or downgrade further later on. Who knows. We can only speak our mind and wait and see. :)
    Sonntam and Cuban Cowboy like this.
  12. Ico

Ico Moderator • WSC's Gentle Flower

Well, I came to this thread with some reservations, clearly I was right to :p! I've always thought a boob slider in a genre dominated by male teens has been a somewhat pointless invention though.
  13. SniperCT

SniperCT Cupcake-About-Town

The average MMO gamer age is closer to 30. It is pretty male dominated though.

But yeah. Torpedo boobs could use a bit toning down. It's not as blatantly terrible as it was in SWTOR (and you should have seen how quickly her thread about this there exploded. It was the most epic yet unintentional troll I've ever seen).
  14. Venom

Venom Cupcake

Cool thread, and yes I agree they should add sliders to those mounds!
    Sonntam likes this.
  15. Imafrakkincylon

Imafrakkincylon Cupcake

Honestly, I know it's likely that 9 times out of 10 they'd just A: Make them even bigger or B: Leave them as big as they are now (and never make them smaller), but I for one would be downsizing those puppies on every single one of my characters, and I know I'm not the only one.

Make everyone happy, I say.
  16. Aladen

Aladen Cupcake

Who don't like boobs? Perfect topic!
    Teehk likes this.
  17. Winzhi

Winzhi New Cupcake

I would have to get some photographic evidence before I can form an opinion about this matter....:whistling:
  18. SniperCT

SniperCT Cupcake-About-Town

That sig above your post is a good example of a model that works. Just give the PCs those. :D
  19. Sonntam

Sonntam Cupcake-About-Town

They already have those. The only difference that with this Exile girl one could believe that she is wearing a sports bra, but as soon cleavage/plate bikinis appear it's hard to suspend disbelief.

I have way smaller breasts myself, but with such cleavage even I would have problems due to the bloody wobble-wobble, woops, everything slipped out.

I understand that not everyone cares about realism and it's especially silly to demand in a cartoony world as in Wildstar, but I'd still love to see smaller breasts.
  20. Cowboy

Cowboy Cupcake-About-Town

I do think designers go a tad overboard on breast size. I'm looking at you Liara on the left side of the screen. She puts many people who even have fake breasts to shame.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.