1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

I'm going bald...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by CaRaDaGaiTa, Oct 18, 2013.

1. CaRaDaGaiTa

CaRaDaGaiTa Cupcake-About-Town

... and that sucks. Getting bald at 26 sucks. Makes me look older. I don't like to take pictures because of that. My facebook photo is me with 20 years and hardly i will change that because there's no photo i like. Sometimes this lowers my self-esteem.

Anyone suffering from that? How you deal with it?

2. Ico

Ico Moderator • WSC's Gentle Flower

23 and I'm noticing a bit of thinning on my crown. Just gotta man up and deal with it, I'm much more a fan of the "shave it all off" approach as opposed to those who persevere and end up looking like a medieval monk!

3. Mykor

Mykor Cupcake-About-Town

Use a clipper or shave it off?
    If you are unsure, I would recommend using the clipper on a higher setting until you are comfortable.
    I started to lose hair in my late 30's, now I use the clipper and I look good.

Also, my hair lose stopped after a couple of years, so it doesn't mean it will continue. Might want to talk to your dad and see if he was in the same situation at your age.

Finally, there is always a doctor you can see, if you want to go that route.

4. Xecks

Xecks Cupcake-About-Town

i just shave mine bald with the clippers. if its going to go it will be because i said so is my motto.

5. Kataryna

Kataryna Super Cupcake

my hubby's not going bald (yet) - however he IS getting more and more WHITE hairs! not gray, pure shining WHITE! and with his hair being very dark brown, it's very noticeable :) he's only 29 - the white hairs started showing up at 22ish.

Extatica likes this.
  6. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

It's easy...just like everyone else says: Deal with it...

So many young people (my age which is around 22) are getting bald or get gray/white hairs...with some people it just ''happens''. Nothing to do against it, except for accepting it!

Also it can fasten if you are under a lot of stress....so take it easy :D

Is he in a lot of stress?

Anyway....White hair is awesome!!! Much better then gray! (trust me...in the nursing homes i've worked most people rather want pure white hair then gray).

+ I think it looks wise

And just tell your hubby he can line up with some of the most awesome characters ;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And many more white hair ;)

Also just tell him:
    [​IMG]

ruff_ethereal and Kataryna like this.
  7. Kataryna

Kataryna Super Cupcake

He likes to tell me "I didn't have ANY white hairs until I met YOU!" met him 10 years ago (Dec 1st is 10 years since our first date!), married 6 years ago, first kid 5 years ago, second kid 3 years ago....so, yea, just a little bit of "stress" since we first met, lol!

Extatica likes this.
  8. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

I see those kids more as ''little wonders'' then as ''stress'' :p

9. Inukeu

Inukeu Well-Known Cupcake

I have the odd white hair on my beard when I let it grow in and i've been told I have receding hair at my temples im 29 so I guess its not uncommon if it keep going im just gunna skin head it and let my beard grow like a boss mebbe get some kick ass piercings and go full punk :laugh: I try to enjoy every experience I can :p

10. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Same here but at 22.....(had it since 20) :(

11. Dysp

Dysp Cupcake-About-Town

[​IMG]

It seems to fit here.

..bald can be cool.

Kataryna and Xlugon Pyro like this.
  12. Xlugon Pyro

Xlugon Pyro Super Cupcake

Of course you are. We can tell just by looking at your avatar. XD

I've thought about this if it were to happen to me. I knew a guy who was like 16-17 in high school who was already balding and I know several guys who're balding in their early 20s. I even know one guy who has gone almost completely bald even though he's 21/22 and he looks decades older than he actually is. When it comes to being male, we're just butt ugly. :(

I happen to have a pretty masculine facial structure and I can pull off the bald look well if I had to. However, I'm 21 right now and I have a huge head of hair, shoulder length and growing with big curls 'n all. XD Haven't noticed any balding on my side yet but my father (derelict he ever was) supposedly keeps a full head of hair even in his mid-late 50s and my grandfather (mother's side) didn't start balding well into his adulthood, like in his 40s and 50s.

That said, I can sympathise. The worst thing you can do about it though is to keep being down about it. Accept it and move on or better yet, embrace it and shave it all off. :)

13. Azzizabiz

Azzizabiz Cupcake

My hair started thinning at 16 (coincidentally the same time I grew a full beard). By 21, I had the horse-shoe look. My wife and I started dating when we were 16, and she's never been bothered by my hair loss, and that made it much easier for me to deal with. I've kept the beard, because without it, I look like a big, bald 13-year-old. I'm 28 now, and my hair-loss stabilized after I hit the horse-shoe.

Best remedy for me was humor. If you're able to joke outwardly about it, it becomes much easier to not care. I once had a 3rd grade student of mine ask "Did you get a haircut?" and I said "Nope, does it on it's own". He didn't get it, but a 4th grade student who over-heard the joke completely lost her <REDACTED>. Later I realized her father was bald, and must also make jokes about it.

Xlugon Pyro likes this.
  14. Strydder

Strydder New Cupcake

You're no balding. Your hair is simply retracting and going to different areas like your toes, knuckles and ears. After 26 years of the same view, wouldn't you want a change of scene?:p

Xlugon Pyro likes this.
  15. Beaverhausen

Beaverhausen New Cupcake

Just shave it... nothing worse than being that guy still trying to rock the faux hawk with half his hair missing. I find a widows peak kinda nice on the right guy (not sure if you're balding from port or starboard?)

The bald eagles cursed talons clutched my scalp at around 27 and the side effects of rogaine were scary enough for me to just accept my baldiness. Once you shave it you'll wonder why you ever bothered with hair at all, It gives you at least a 20 minute head start of a morning :cool:

Lets all take a moment to appreciate the hottness of Billy Zane - who still has the ability to make me squeel like a Japanese school girl and hurl my panties at the TV....

[​IMG]

16. Mellkor

Mellkor Well-Known Cupcake

Yep...same boat buddy....

Shave that <REDACTED>.

Failing that, tattoo some hair on.

17. Deltre

Deltre Cupcake-About-Town

I don't know...I think I'd cry if I ever lost my hair. Most of the men in my family are bald, and my dad went bald in his early twenties. I think I've just kept mine out of sheer willpower. Also, I'm fairly certain I can't pull off the bald look. My hair is awesome and I'm afraid to go bald :(

18. Mykor

Mykor Cupcake-About-Town

Don't know how old you are but chances are you might be next

19. Deltre

Deltre Cupcake-About-Town

Don't you dare say that!! I'll sock you right in the jaw for that kinda talk!!

Also, mid twenties.

20. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Within 2 years IT will happen :p Trust me!