1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Image of all known Aurin ear variations

Discussion in 'WildStar Races' started by InnocentCivilian, Mar 9, 2013.

1. InnocentCivilian

InnocentCivilian "That" Cupcake

Let me know if I missed any ^__^.

Thought I'd make something like this since a lot of folks may not be aware. ^^

In retrospect, the one I labelled 'wild' (because it seems to have holes in it) could be the 'butterfly ears' that one of the devs mentioned somewhere. <17/03/13 now labelled 'butterfly'>

all the ears 02.jpg

17/03/13 - Added moar
    Tiiria, Sylph, Sia and 23 others like this.
  2. spencerBAXLEY

spencerBAXLEY Cupcake-About-Town

Sweet! I mean, you know, for smelly exile materials... >_>
  3. Celtkhan

Celtkhan Well-Known Cupcake

The ones you call "small" look an awful lot like "cat" to me. Likewise, "long, serrated" certainly seems vulpine. I think both will be very popular with the Stalkers.
    InnocentCivilian and Kataryna like this.
  4. Fate Flyer

Fate Flyer "That" Cupcake

I was just chatting about these on Mumble with my guild. :D SO awesome! Thanks for posting this! I really never saw a lot of these, and now I'm finding myself suddenly very interested in the Aurin again. (^_^) The bat ears are definitely my thing. Super cute! XD The bat wing ears though throw me off.
    InnocentCivilian likes this.
  5. Celtkhan

Celtkhan Well-Known Cupcake

It just means we'll see a lot of Morrigan clones running around. :p
  6. Kataryna

Kataryna Super Cupcake

[​IMG]

girl on left, short fox-ish ears

edit: also, tall female short male...lol! perhaps showing off the differences you can make in size during char creation?
    moneda and InnocentCivilian like this.
  7. Irimii

Irimii Cupcake

The "Medium" ears kind of look like mouse ears!
  8. InnocentCivilian

Hey guys, I'm glad this was helpful for some people ^______^.

Oh snap, as soon as I saw your avatar I knew I was about to get the smackdown on proper terminology. :laugh:

Also, you're soooo right about the Morrigan clones - that didn't occur to me! :eek:

They SO are. I'm almost certainly rolling a Human first, but if I ever make an Aurin, these are my favourite so far. :inlove:

When I was compiling this, I put it side-by-side with what I labelled 'Medium' ears and decided that they are so similar, I'd classify them as the same thing :p. The ones in the screenshot you linked are more forward-facing than the image I chose, but I suspect that that's an 'ear direction' slider. ;)

As for the height difference, because Aurin are a Matriarchal society, I have a theory that the males are shorter. In their world, females are larger and more dominant. :geek: (this forum needs an 'I wonder' smiley or something to that effect :p)
    Rhynox, Patrician and starspun like this.
  9. starspun

starspun Well-Known Cupcake

I've been thinking the same thing since we got this screenshot, although I would definitely not mind a height option! Or shrink/grow stims. That'd be fun.
    Wreck and InnocentCivilian like this.
  10. Turtlesrun

Turtlesrun New Cupcake

Why o Why o Why are the males so small such a shame even though I will probley be a green male Aurin
  11. Norrin Radd

Norrin Radd Cupcake

Wow, males are awful. :sick:
  12. Patrician

Patrician "That" Cupcake

I want to get my hands on character creation SO BAD! For this reason and all the other races.
    InnocentCivilian likes this.
  13. Ender

Ender Well-Known Cupcake

Wow, that's really interesting! The bat-wing ears are so extremely different, I wasn't imagening something like that!

The bat ears though (not the bat-wing, just regular bat) is veeery tempting though, I think my Aurin might just have gone from being a bunny-girl to having bat ears instead...
  14. Evion

Evion WildStar Haiku Winner 2012

"I'm Commander Evion, and this is my favorite thread on the Citadel." *thumbs up*

Thanks a bunch for putting this together. I'm definitely anticipating character creation, and this helps a lot. If I find any more, I'll be sure to submit them here!
    Ender and InnocentCivilian like this.
  15. spencerBAXLEY

spencerBAXLEY Cupcake-About-Town

I seriously doubt males will be ONLY that short. More likely it's a reference shot between shortest/tallest. :p
    Fate Flyer likes this.
  16. Ender

Ender Well-Known Cupcake

I actually hope that male Aurin on average will be shorter than the females. I don't think I've ever seen that in a game, and it would just be so refreshing, especially with a race that has a matriarchy. It seems like it would be make sense, and it would be something very different, it would switch up our expectations quite a bit, which honestly could be nice. I don't see why the males always have to be taller than the females in every game, no matter how alien the race otherwise is.

Also, I'm really falling in love with those bat ears, they are so amazingly huge! I will so need to use those for my Aurin!
    Androssi, Korath and InnocentCivilian like this.
  17. Patrician

Patrician "That" Cupcake

Source.

Now, we haven't seen enough examples and screenshots to know if male Aurin are in fact all shorter than females, but I for one LOVE the idea if this is the case.

It's refreshing for a MMO, a new idea for a MMO, and it's not like the phenomena is unheard of in nature or anything...

One clue is that they have a Queen, but only a "consort" to her... not a King. It sounds like a rather Matriarchal society as they've mentioned elsewhere, and above.

We'll see, but I for one hope there is a size difference favoring larger females and shorter, more agile males. ^^
    Echo, ruff_ethereal and Cowboy like this.
  18. InnocentCivilian

If I may seal the deal for you (just in case you haven't seen it in the Meet the Dominion trailer) : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FhB3iYv4Ng#t=02m00s

It happens quickly and is kinda obscured, but I love the way they wobble. :inlove:
    Fate Flyer, Kataryna and Ender like this.
  19. Ender

Ender Well-Known Cupcake

Aah, wobbling is the best! Yes, yes, definitely bat ears for me!
  20. ruff_ethereal

ruff_ethereal Well-Known Cupcake

Ah, you and me both, sister!