1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Introducing Adventures with a New Flick

Discussion in 'WildStar News' started by Zap-Robo, Feb 11, 2014.

1. filanwizard

filanwizard Cupcake-About-Town

My guess is players will never get access tot he WSFLicks tool.

CCP-Games has a similar tool called "Jessica" that lets them basically make "EVE-Flicks" using the game engine and game assets. But like the Flicks tool it is not limited to player camera angles and is fully scriptable camera movement. The problem is many of these tools have access to parts of the game engine you do not just want out in the open. So far the only time Jessica for example has been in the hands of a non CCP Staff was the production of a machinima called Clear Skies 3.(awesome trilogy by the way I suggest it for any machinima fan)

But who knows maybe Carbine will make the flicks tool available to the public in some "as is" thing meaning no support other than the WS forums.
  2. Inukeu

Inukeu Well-Known Cupcake

I dunno who the voice actor is for the Caretaker but he is amazing gratz on a epic job well done :eek::up: I look forward to seeing more of the Caretaker "verry soOooN"
    Afrotech likes this.
  3. Brute Willis

Brute Willis New Cupcake

A series of eventualities based on choice in a number of dungeon scenarios - sounds additive and very re-playable!
  4. Afrotech

Afrotech Cupcake-About-Town

Do I detect a bit of Mark Hamill influence in the Caretaker 's voice acting especially when he goes all maniacal?

I don't fully understand these adventures but, I'm almost sold on the concept from this alone.
  5. deathtotherepublic

deathtotherepublic Cupcake

This was a nice flick
  6. Perigon

Perigon Cupcake

I hope the choices aspect turns out to be something meaningful. I loved the story in SWTOR, but by god the choices had no meaningful impacts whatsoever.

The caretaker sounds like an interesting character that will add a nice aspect to the game.