1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Story Introducing CC the Aurin - Inspired by Sarcan's daughters art

Discussion in 'WildStar Fan Creations' started by Maddog Charlie, Dec 15, 2012.

1. Maddog Charlie

Maddog Charlie Cupcake-About-Town

Inspired by the art of Sarcan's daughter and as thanks for being the number 300 facebook member here is the story of CC (pronounced CeeCee) an Exile Aurin Lawkeeper. CC is from a family divided by the conflict on Nexus, her mother stayed the homeworld, her father left to join the Dominion and successfully rose through the ranks to become a highly respected infiltrator. CC and her sister joined the Exiles working as a lawkeeper and a scientist.

The story begins on a space station orbiting a nearby planet of Nexus. After lengthly investigations CC has discovered the station administrator is responsible for numerous crimes against individuals and the Exile Accord. The time has come for her to confront him and to take him into custody.

CC stood around 5 feet 8 inches, a good height for an Aurin. Her bright green eyes searched around the cantina's drab décor as she inquisitively looked for trouble. A ragged looking human sitting close to the entrance finished his drink and hastily made for the door when he caught a glimpse of the golden knife at her side. Everyone on the small space station knew the meaning of the knife, although most lawkeeper's saw it as more of a ceremonial symbol. CC was'nt most lawkeeper's and kept it well sharpened and ready for action just like the countless other blades hidden on her person.

The daughter of an Aurin diplomatic family she had grown up with her sister on Arboria where they had both studied to be scientists, but unlike her sister Elarba, CC had chosen the lawkeeper profession after she proved to have a talent for both technology and resolving tricky situations. She saw her role more of a troubleshooter than a lawkeeper but eventually most of the ‘trouble’ she began investigating ended up with the need for enforcing the law. In the Exile’s a lawkeeper served the role of investigator, judge, jury and often executioner. Limited detention facilities and the need to quell disturbances quickly often required rapid and decisive action.

She watched the human leave as he was not the subject of her investigation and strolled over to the bar noticing at least three separate exchanges of ‘goods’ revert to more guarded transactions and lowered voices. The bar tender, an elderly outworld alien with 7 evenly spaced eyes saw her, poured a glass of blue milk and offered a welcoming smile.

Always happy to see you here CC. Who you looking for this time? ‘ the bartender spoke.

CC smiled back, she had known Rikiya for several years and he was a good person stuck in a bad place and working for the worst of employers. She slipped a card across the bars smooth surface and took a sip of the Milk.

Time to face the big guy my friend, this is a travel pass, you may want to pack quickly’ she quietly whispered to the Alien.

Rikiya looked a little shocked but the travel pass was a pricey item and he had been wanting to get off the station for years. Throwing the cleaning towel into the corner of the bar he emptied the cash register into his pockets and grabbed a couple of choice bottles from under the bar.

The two of them looked to one of the booths as a couple of patrons began arguing loudly, a shot rang out and the small green patron fell to the floor. The human he had been arguing with calmly holstered his gun, pulled on his pocketed blue jacket, walked over to the bar and dropped some credits for the cleanup.

Anyone asks, he fired first.... ok’ he said quietly smiling at CC.

Rikiya and CC smiled back, raised their glasses and nodded in agreement. As Rikiya packed his belongings he chatted with CC, cautioning her of the station owners security measures and telling her about his new hired bodyguard, a Granok called ‘Splitstone’. She thanked him for the intel and the two said their goodbyes, Rikiya left through a side door.

CC stopping by the main door, turned to the patrons in the bar ‘drinks on the house’ she shouted, smiled and walked out as the patrons scrambled over the bar.

CC flipped off the retaining straps on her weapons holsters as she confidently walked down the main corridor towards the huge Granok guarding the entrance to the control room. A fire defense droid broke out of a side hatch and whizzed towards the bar entrance its low tone siren crackling and light flashing. Splitstone the Granock stared straight at CC, his mouth smirking as he knew she was little threat to his huge physique.

CC had proven on her homeworld she was a worthy opponent for anyone her size, often a little larger and typically in numbers. Both she and her sister shared a gift that they had discovered many years before, their mother called it the ‘vision’. Their father, before he left to join the Dominion, called it a hindrance to their self discipline. CC used this gift to look into the Granok's mind, seeing what he saw, those he had loved others he had hated, knowing his fears, his old war wound on his left side, the years of pain he had caused for so many in his mercenary work and his strange fear of water. She focused those emotions and built them into a powerful force deep in her mind.

The Granok stepped into her path, his sword held high ready to strike. 'No-one passes by me' his deep gravelly voice spoke.

CC, her hands ready on her weapons, looked across the passageway to the dripping water outlet on the aged drinking fountain. She focused the Granok's stored emotions and channeled them back into his weak mind with devastating power. Letting out a deafening yell of 'MAKE IT STOP' the mighty warrior burst past the Aurin and began to smash the fountain shrieking almost childlike at the mangled dispenser. The water began to pour out as the dispenser fell off the wall and the Granok ran screaming away from the insignificant amount of water on the floor.

Opening the door to the corrupt station administrators office, CC faced the twin barrels of a Protostar 11-80 'showstopper' blaster. For a second she debated the reliability of anything with the Protostar name on it but reluctantly she raised her hands, as the administrator stepped around his desk.

'By the Exile Accord I must detain you for questioning .....' she began calmly, noticing the nervous administrators shaking of the gun.

The skinny human with a long wispy mustache cut her off before she could say any more, 'No I wont be the subject of the Exiles witch-hunt. I am a legitimate businessman who operates an integral part of our trans-galactic highway. The Exiles owe me more than this kind of treatment. I have a right to a fair trial by humans not a near extinct animal race from some obscure planet.'

CC had a mountain of evidence against this man that she had built up over several years of breaking his crime network. She hadn’t come this far to let the man walk away. As the sprinkler system activated throughout the station and the even louder screams of a distant Granok echoed through the hallways the admin looked confused and desperate. 'You lawkeeper's are all the same........' he shouted at her as his hands gripped tighter around guns handles '....just a badge and authority, you think they respect you,.... No they respect me,.....'. CC noticed his trigger finger tense, his eyes began to squint and his shoulders braced for the anticipated recoil of the gun. The man bellowed above the noise of the fire alarm '......they respect me because I get them things, the things they want, I make them happy, not you and your made up Exile justice.' As the man continued CC's mind flashed through the case file images of the crimes this man had been responsible for orchestrating, the abductions, slavery, robberies and worse acts his minion's had committed.

CC took a deep breath and leaned her head to one side before she spoke, 'So you're not going to come peacefully ?' she asked casually.

'What!' the man replied '....you obviously don't understand little girl,......... I make the rules here this is my station, my world, I don't have to go anywhere. .........I have plenty of friends on both sides of this conflict you know, I can live wherever I want, so really I think the answer to that is NO!'

CC waited as the man ranted on until she heard the keyword of 'No' which, per the Exiles Accord, was all a lawkeeper needed.

Her hands flashed to her sides like lightning and back up again to release a number of small knives towards the man, at the same time her mind funneled a powerful telekinetic force through the knives and into him. Although the knives did little damage on their own, the amplified psionic force made the blows feel like the tiny weapons had passed through his body, spinning and dicing his organs as they went and severing several major arteries. In absolute shock the man looked down at what he perceived as the remains of his own shredded body, his confused mind told him he was dead and he fell motionless to the floor.

CC strolled over to the administrators desk, entered his secret password and set off the evacuation alarms. Emergency life pods zipped into space as she walked back to her ships landing deck. She knew if she let the station continue to exist, the mans second in command would step up to run the crime network and she couldn't let that happen.

CC climbed into the pilots seat of the Monarch Spacecraft and the ship rose up off the deck and hovered steadily as the last of the life pods jettisoned from the station. The ships artificial intelligence jumped to life,

'Maam,....' the computer spoke in a respectable old English accent, '.....there is a small Dominion stealth vessel approximately two sectors away from the station. They are no threat to us in terms of firepower and seem to just be observing’

'Thank you Jeeves, I suspect they are the prospective new owners. Likely some of the administrators buddies, I will have to fix that.' CC replied, her hands hovering over the two cargo release levers, 'Crunchy or slimy, crunchy or slimy....' she repeated laughing to herself as her hand pulled down one of the levers. 'Slimy it is' she concluded.

The 2000lb Malisort Slug dropped out of CC's ship onto the deck of the station and bounced slightly as its protective coating crumbled away. The Malisort was a formidable creature to anything metallic and reproduced at an alarming rate, its corrosive acids instantly began to melt through the stations landing deck as it reproduced another 3 slugs in as many seconds. 'Eat well little friend' CC chuckled as she accelerated away from the station.

Jeeves announced the result of his calculations 'By my estimates the slug will have reduced structural integrity of the station to zero in approximately 1 hour. Damage is already regarded as irreparable.'

CC replied laughing 'pretty soon that station is going to have more holes in it, than a wooden dance floor at the Granok Starfall festival'. She banked the ship hard to starboard and made for the planet Nexus.

THANKS CC :)

CCofWildstar.jpg
  2. Black Wolf

Black Wolf Super Cupcake

A healthy mix of Star Wars, Iron Man, Firefall and everything else I missed. Nice job once again Charlie.

Although, one point of positive critisism: it felt like a bit of haste job. Would really love to see more depth in the backstory and such.
  3. Dyraele

Dyraele "That" Cupcake

Nice little story Maddog. Like the Star Wars reference as I have been into SW for a LONG time. Thanks for the entertainment.
    Maddog Charlie likes this.
  4. Maddog Charlie

Maddog Charlie Cupcake-About-Town

Yeah thats fair comment, thanks Wolf. I tend to write it too long and rambling at first with lots of scene detail and character background then edit back to keep it faster moving.
  5. Michael72

Michael72 Cupcake

Nice read Maddog. really enjoyed those slugs, awesome idea ;-)

PS: I probably have to coreect my previous view on the races, according to your trustworthy account I'd rather deem the Granok cute and the Aurin cool.
    Maddog Charlie likes this.