1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

NA <Irregulars> - PvE - (Late night PST/West Coast)

Discussion in 'Exile Guilds, Circles and Warparties' started by Anthremar, Mar 18, 2014.

1. Anthremar

Anthremar New Cupcake

The <Irregulars>, as the name partially implies, are aiming to recruit WildStar players interested in a PvE server, and with an online presence during irregular (non-primetime) hours. The name is also quite fitting, given how the Exlies came together out of adversity and necessity, and continue forward in their struggle to find a safe haven and a new home on Nexus.

Who we Are

The guild will be comprised of a mature segment of the gaming community who are active in-game during the late night west-coast US time frame. Mature does not necessarily imply older, but does imply an intent to come together as a group, enjoy one another's company, and keep tension/drama to a minimum while pursuing a common goal with a certain degree of focus and aptitude. WildStar players who are active during these late US hours appear to be a minority thus far (PvE server even moreso), so we're doing what we can to spread the word about this venture and gather other like-minded individuals.

What we're About

The penultimate goal of the guild is to field a raid team for 20 man PvE content (and 40, if interest allows). And with the way recruiting is progressing, running two 20's and folding them into a 40 is certainly within the realm of possibility. There will not, however, be a strict timeline imposed on members reaching max level. The guild's primary goal is to become a healthy and active late night community for taking in and enjoying everything the game's developers have created - both on the journey to 50 and into the Elder game beyond. This especially includes veteran dungeons and adventures, as well as lore, crafting, and perhaps a bit of pvp (both combat and economic, if inclined).

The full guild charter at present can be found here: http://exile-irregul...ctions/charter/

Raid Schedule (PST, tentative)
    • Tue: 9pm to Midnight
    • Wed: 9pm to Midnight
    • Thu: 9pm to Midnight
    With an extra hour on 1 or 2 of the days as necessary during progression.

Roster is over 30-strong now. Mostly raid recruits, with a handful of social-oriented members.

----

Summary: The guild will reside on a PvE server at launch, and is looking for folks who spend most of their time online during the late night Pacific-US timeframe (roughly 8pm to 2am PST). The goal is to expand into 40-man PvE content and everything building up to that, but what's more important is enjoying the ride to 50 and building that camaraderie along the way. PvP is by no means discouraged, despite the PvE server. Teams will be supported as able for plots, battlegrounds and arenas. Character and story-driven folks are encouraged as well.

- Tengarr (on Nexus), Granok Warrior/Explorer (or Sorreck, Medic alt)
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2014
  2. Anthremar

Anthremar New Cupcake

As we approach the weekend, moving this tread up a page.

There have to be more late night west-coasters out there, right?

Also, feel free to contact me if you're already leading an established pve guild in this time frame - I just haven't found any to date.
  3. savannah

savannah New Cupcake

Hello Anthremar-

My husband and I are looking for a late night guild. We have extensive raiding experience (and leading) from EQ, Rift, Vanguard, FF14, & Vanilla WoW. We would be very interested in joining you. What server are you going to be on?
  4. Anthremar

Anthremar New Cupcake

I'm on Nexus currently, due to CB access; character name is Tengarr. Should be on tonight around 7pst, but afk on & off until after 10pm, at which point I should be on solid until I pass out, heh.

Come launch, I'm still undecided. I'm debating with the idea (and open to discussion) of whether to aim for whichever PvE server is noted as the unofficial oceanic - since the Aus prime time intersects this one to some degree.

I'm also not against hitting an RP-PvE either, depending on recruitment. The goal here is to get the word out and appeal to as many of this niche late night crowd as we can. So we'll see how the server decision can support that.
  5. Anthremar

Anthremar New Cupcake

Updated with tentative raid schedule.
  6. Sylph

Sylph Cupcake

These times are right up my alley. I'm an east coaster but I work the night shift. I (and another I know who is on the same constraint) also come from a background of hardcore raiding on a 12hr/week schedule. I will definitely get in touch with you once I get my pre-order in and have weekend access.
  7. StreelyDan

StreelyDan New Cupcake

I just pre-ordered and have started looking for a guild when the game launches.

Im on the west coast and can pretty much only game late night (after my girlfriend goes to bed haha). I like the idea of a friendly social group with some ambition to work towards raiding. I like doing PvE, some laid back PvP, and crafting/economy stuff.

I'm still undecided on my main but I've been having fun on my Spellslinger, Stalker and Warrior over the past couple beta weekends.

Next beta weekend I will pop on to Nexus and say hi (im currently playing on Olyssia)
  8. Anthremar

Anthremar New Cupcake

Good to hear, thanks. Look forward to being in touch.
  9. Sylph

Sylph Cupcake

Great group of people coming out of the woodwork in here. Can't wait for the game to launch!
  10. Gr33nm0nk

Gr33nm0nk New Cupcake

Hey Yo Irregular folks,
    Me and my crew are kinda irregular too! there's 3-6 of us, nubs to vets... we're looking for some good ol' west coast late night (8pm-??) fun. We'd like to see most if not all the content Wildstar has to offer (PvX). We're also really interested in adding to any 20-40 person raids.

The time slot (and guild chillness) is our main focus, but we wanna fight big baddies too!

I'll check back in with questions I get from the peanut gallery!
    Thanks,
    ~GM
  11. Anthremar

Anthremar New Cupcake

Had a good weekend in-game. Up! for the late-shifters.
  12. Sylph

Sylph Cupcake

Great group of guys to hang out in vent with. =]
  13. Hugmymagic

Hugmymagic New Cupcake

I'm heading over to your web site to fill out the application. Hope to see ya soon..
  14. Anthremar

Anthremar New Cupcake

Right on - welcome aboard.

Up! for the beta weekend. If you're representing late nights on the west coast (or very late east) check out the charter and get in touch.
  15. Anthremar

Anthremar New Cupcake

Beta weekend and UI 2.0 on the horizon.
    "Up" for the up-at-night crowd.
  16. Anthremar

Anthremar New Cupcake

Updated OP to reflect current membership counts. Up to 30-strong in just under a month. Here's to another grand weekend in-game!
  17. Jarinolde

Jarinolde Cupcake-About-Town

Questions; Will there be a push for 40 man raiding? What are you currently recruiting? Raid times are tentative, are they more likely to fluctuate later into the night or earlier, or are you unsure?
  18. Six

Six New Cupcake

Howdy there. I've been looking for something in this time slot :) are you still considering a RP PvE server? I'm not a huge RPer but typically love those servers due to great communities and friendly folks
  19. Anthremar

Anthremar New Cupcake

@Jarin:

The way the roster is shaping up, and will a month to go yet before launch, it's looking like we'll be fielding 2 20's with the intent of folding them into a 40. We'll start with the first 20 that are attuned, role balance permitting, and then when everyone else has caught up, that first 20 will be intermixed with the full roster to split the experience and start getting everyone on the road to Datascape.

The intent with raid times is to start forming at 9, first pull at 10-15 minutes in, and then close about a quarter after midnight, sometimes extending to 12:30 or so pending progress on whatever encounter is at hand.

@Six:

Sentiment so far is toward whichever appears to be a higher pop PvE server, but I won't say that RP is 100% off the table yet.

Thanks for the interest.
  20. Jarinolde

Jarinolde Cupcake-About-Town

Thank you for the answers. Are you still recruiting DPS?

I still need time deciding which I'm playing but it will most likely be either Medic, Esper or Spellslinger. Once I've finalized that decision and, if you still are recruiting whatever DPS I end up choosing, chances are good that I'll be applying since you're the only guild so far that is NA but not raiding prime time for east coasters.