1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

is Housing acount bound?

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by BonusStage, May 27, 2013.

1. drythorn

drythorn New Cupcake

I think it has to be one per character really as it is also a money sink. If all alts get it for free (ie share the main house) then they will inflate the economy with alts earning more money than intended, which is something they are against.

Sonntam likes this.
  2. Miatog

Miatog Cupcake-About-Town

What I would like, is that each character gets their own house but they can all rest in each other's houses and get the better xp bonus from my main's super decked out house. This way each character has their house to work up on their own with their unique tastes, but can benefit while leveling from the huge XP bonus that my main house gives.

9bit likes this.
  3. Kleev

Kleev Cupcake-About-Town

I think I'd prefer one house per faction, with the option of buying additional rooms/houses as a gold sink. If it's possible for alts to use my main's house (which I hope is possible), I'll put no effort into their houses anyway. It would be cool if in order for an alt to have access, you had to purchase/build an extra room in the house that allowed them to live there. Small guest houses away from the main house would also be a cool idea.

4. Sabre070

Sabre070 Cupcake-About-Town

One of the reasons I don't like having 1 house per character is that you can make more characters just so that you can fill their houses full of mining nodes (or w/e resource node you want).

This means that you have people making other characters purely to get a bonus to their gathering, because there is pretty much no reason not to.

If you had it that you could either only get one house or you could buy as many houses as you wanted (it just costs more and more each time) then it would negate the need to make new characters just to get a house.

I'd prefer if you could only get one house per account or only have one active house (so you couldn't put gathering bonuses in multiple houses).

F8L Fool likes this.
  5. SniperCT

SniperCT Cupcake-About-Town

Logically, your mining node will be level appropriate. How different is that from having 6 max-leveled miners in other games?

6. Sabre070

Because you can just go around to a bunch of different houses and get free nodes.

This is different to having to go out in the world and find a bunch of different nodes.

7. SniperCT

SniperCT Cupcake-About-Town

The nodes spawn things that try to eat you. (watch the housing video, happens there too) Danger is still there.

There'll probably be some kind of long cooldown or other thing.

As an example, in wow, you can farm up motes of harmony on your farm, which are required to craft nearly everything.

But you can only farm up so much in a day. If you really need a lot it's more efficient to go out into the world.

8. Miatog

Miatog Cupcake-About-Town

Nodes that take time to regrow, it's fine once a day, but really you'd be better off going out into the world to gather it all up. The impression I got was that nodes in houses are to help take the edge off, make it just a little better.

9. Sabre070

It's still effectively getting more "free" mats.

10. BonusStage

BonusStage Well-Known Cupcake

i think the mining node plot is not cheap, and can only be aquired by max level characters.

And most likely only if their profession is linked to Mining/Smithing.