1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Key Slot

Discussion in 'WildStar Classes & Paths' started by Domi Dayglow, May 13, 2014.

1. Domi Dayglow

Domi Dayglow Super Cupcake

Okay so.....on your character screen....next to your implants and weapon attachments...is a key slot...

keyslot2.jpg

What is it? What does it do? Where does it come from? Is it shiny? Is it fluffy? Does it make a sound? Can it be crafted? Does it bounce? Does it sing?
  2. PalsyPlague

PalsyPlague Cupcake

I realized that I have no idea, so I went to the intertubes! All I've found online is that it will be used to equip attunement items you get by completing elder-game raid-attunement quests.

Source: http://www.grievancegaming.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=544&p=141152

But I have been unable to find anything out to corroborate his information. There is also a post on WSC that mentions a house or mount key slot, but it is purely speculative.

It is probably shiny. I'm afraid to report that It is most likely not fluffy, though you never know. I'm sure it makes a sound! It simply MUST make a sound (but probably not a singing sound). No report on the effectiveness of bouncing it yet.

Edit:
    I found it in-game! Haha!

Go to the Elder-Gem vendor "Merchant Viktosak" on Exiles side, dunno who it is on Dominion side. She is selling a key slot item called "Genesis Key" with the text "ATTUNEMENT: The Archon's Pattern Defeat Guardian Pyralos in Wilderrun." There is also a "Security Key Material" item, which probably leads into the attunement quest mentioned by the devs on the forums:

"We will have the attunement process available in the April patch. It will not be required to zone in to Genetic Archives during Beta, but we will be making it available so that it receives testing.

Initially, it'll cost 150 Elder Gems to purchase the starting item for the questline, so feel free to save up for it if you want to check out the quests."
    -Timetravel
    Last edited: May 14, 2014
  3. PalsyPlague

PalsyPlague Cupcake

The Key Slot.jpg
  4. Domi Dayglow

Okay! Mystery answered. I didn't make the connection to attunement and elder game. Since the unequipped item has a little necklace in it I thought it was a crafted equipment item. I was looking in the wrong place.

I still kind of wish it was fluffy. I do hope it bounces.

And, I just noticed in my screenshot, my shoulder item piece is using pants item graphic.
  5. PalsyPlague

PalsyPlague Cupcake

I think we've uncovered the larger questions here: Why are you wearing pants on your shoulders? Are you wearing shoulders on your legs as pants? Also, why do your char's eyes creep me out so much? This and more at 7!
  6. Domi Dayglow

Aurin pants can clearly double as shoulder pads.

eyes.jpg