1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Keys to lend to others? -READ DESCRIPTION-

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback' started by Revoltech, Aug 2, 2013.

?

Good suggestion?

Poll closed Aug 9, 2013.
  1. Yes!

42.9%
  2. No!

57.1%
  1. Revoltech

Revoltech Cupcake

Hello! I'm sort of new here to the community and all but I've got a really good suggestion I'd like to point out here in the community. I've seen many, many beta's in the past use this idea to add more people into the community, spread the beta around the world, etc. Anyways, here's the idea.
    --
    What I've seen many Game developers do in the past, such as Firefall, is put this system where once you get a beta key, you get about 3-5 (Your decision) extra keys you can give out to anyone you'd like. This really adds much more people to the community and plus, it gives a chance for us desperate fellow's here in the community of WildStar to get a chance to play, report bugs, help out the game, etc. This way, hopefully, it'll do many things for us and you. Speaking of which, more people means you can stress the servers for a test AND more people means more bugs to report and more bugs to report equals, more fixing and you know what I mean... Anyways, like I said, it adds more to the community. I was this game to be successful. Please, if you can, let more of us get a chance to play this game and help it out as much as we can.
    --
    Thanks for reading my suggestion! Hope you liked it! And hopefully, this idea might just be successful!
  2. Ahkronn

Ahkronn Cupcake

That works... for stress tests. And that's about it.

Nowadays (and for a long time) Beta seems to mean "free game time before release" for most people.
    Well, I'll not go into the all discussion of what Beta's are for, but that's not it.

I've been in dozen of Betas, both closed and open and I see how people just play it and even complain about bugs there (with the always coming answer "lol it's beta")
    People trying to "break the game" and actively find problems in it seem to be quite rare this days.

In all Betas I've been I tend to follow a pattern of "trying to break and exploit" the game, oh, and trying to get stuck in terrain the best I can.
    This are the things that if done and decently reported will help the game into a much smoother launch.

Giving keys just by the sake of giving them will not help that much. It works amazingly for initial server stress tests but overall I think it's counterproductive in terms of bug-squashing and feedback.
  3. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

They don't want that many people, they want to increase the amount of Beta TESTERS (not players...), by themselves.
    If you go let people trow away more key's then they lose the 100% control of how many people they let in.

This ''suggestion'' will only increase the people who want to:
    1. Try before you buy
    2. Extra play time
    3. Want to share NDA info with others

The way they do it now is good for closed Beta.

For open Beta this MAY be an option. But only if they want to quickly increase the amount of players, for feedback I don't think this is the best option.

Events like the ''PIF event'' are the better options to increase the amount of Beta-Testers!

Why?

Because for those Events people have to try their best, and even ''add'' something to the community of WildStar. This way they show they want to invest their time in a game and are eager to help improve it.

Trowing with Beta-Keys will not have that effect.

But that's my opinion :D

TL;DR:
    For getting more Beta-players the idea = good
    For getting more Beta-testers the idea = not so good
  4. Krythorian

Krythorian New Cupcake

It makes me sad that so many people that get into betas see it as a free "demo", imo you should stay out of the beta unless you want to help the devs make a better game.
    Something I would like to see in a beta is a poll being sent to your mail after the session where you get to answer questions and if you fail to answer these polls you'll get thrown out of the beta.
  5. EtherealOmega

EtherealOmega Cupcake-About-Town

I voted yes mainly for Stress Test beta testers. When they are start doing less core beta test functions and more on server stressing, it is a great time to get free word-of-mouth advertising my letting people share keys with their friends if they like the game.