1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Koni plays Phantasy Star Online

Discussion in 'Gaming Arena' started by Konoko, Jan 26, 2014.

1. Konoko

Konoko Cupcake-About-Town

Kind of a fun game. I just recorded this video to show what it looks like. Interesting that I'm a archer type class but I have a sword and can even fight hand to hand.

I really liked the combat animations and movement. Very well done.

Once you get past the first tutorial and quest you end up on a Space Ship and it feels like you are playing SWTOR. You go to the quest giver and find quests and groups. Not my type of game really. I like open world games where you can just wander out in the world killing.

I don't really see that in this game but it's kind of hard when everything is in Japanese!

The game will be worth a look when it comes to the U.S. Perhaps.

Oh one thing to note is this game does have the option of switching between the 2 views. The central view with the camera behind you and the view (not sure what it's called) where your character is more to the left of the center of the screen but you get a nice aiming cursor. Nosgoth does this as well and I really enjoy that perspective. Really nice that games are starting to integrate more than one perspective to play in. ESO has multiple perspectives as well.

2. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

You should make a thread named: Koni plays everything except WildStar ;)

Game doesn't look that inviting for me...
    Carebear Commander likes this.
  3. Pascal

Pascal New Cupcake

I played PSO2 for awhile with the PSO tweaker, its a fun game but I had to stop after awhile since I love lore and I do not understand Japanese so I was missing out a lot. xD Though it may be worth checking out if it comes to the U.S. though I do not know about playing it then cause Wildstar will be holding my soul captive and unable to play other MMO's
    Konoko likes this.
  4. Voison

Voison Moderator • Foxy Cupcake

I LOVE PSO2! :)

I had like a 40 (maybe 50) gunner, techer, and something else... Also had a few 10 star items too. :p
    Also have the rare (Use to be) stripped wedding suit... Oh I looked great in it.

[​IMG]
    Konoko likes this.
  5. Konoko

Konoko Cupcake-About-Town

Sorry Extatica, WildStar kinda sucks. I'll be playing landmark and I'm also playing Tera with some nice people.
  6. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Wait......wait....you didn't just......
    [​IMG]
    Carebear Commander likes this.
  7. ImpactHound

ImpactHound Cupcake-About-Town

I want to play this in a native US version. They... they just don't care about the rest of the world. They never have. They don't want our money. Feels bad. :(