1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Laptop for £400 or below?

Discussion in 'Gaming Arena' started by Taher, Dec 5, 2013.

1. Taher

Taher Cupcake

So, i'm looking for a laptop worth 400 quid or below ever since my PC broke down due to overuse :D and constant research on W*. Can anyone here in the UK recommend any gaming laptops worth £400 or below? Thanks in advance.

-Taher
  2. Mighty Mouse

Mighty Mouse New Cupcake

TBH i've never seen a decent gaming laptop for under £400 your talking more like £750+ BUT you could get a laptop with the HD 5000, i had one with the HD 4000 and that was ok could play dota 2 at 25 ish fps and the HD 5000 is meant to be twice as good http://www.anandtech.com/show/7072/intel-hd-5000-vs-hd-4000-vs-hd-4400 But like most people will say a £400 pc will be much better then a £400 laptop.
  3. Taher

Taher Cupcake

Well, I don't really need a gaming laptop, just one that can handle both WoW and W*. I'll need it for studying too, and I don't need a PC 'cause I got two already.
  4. Perigon

Perigon Cupcake

I doubt wildstar will run very well on a laptop for under £400. On the lowest of the low settings it might run at decent fps, but cities will be a pain in the ass to run through.
  5. Ysme

Ysme Cupcake

Look for deals on ebay. They tend to have some last gen. models for auction which can be good as new and a fraction of the price.

Dell, Alienware, MSI all make gaming decent spec laptops but they are expensive if bought as newest gen from a retailer. Also size can up the price. Look at 14inch and 15 inch. Much cheaper than 17inch. i5 seriers laptops are cheaper than i7 series. Ivy bridge cheaper than Haswell, 600m series GPU's cheaper than 700m series. etc etc. You won't be able to run at highest settings and get blinding FPS but you will get a reasonable and very playable performance.

Make sure you get a a good cooling pad. Heat and dust kills laptops
  6. Screenager

Screenager Cupcake-About-Town

ysme has it pretty much pinned down if you are looking for a gaming laptop at this sort of price. youll be able to lay your hands on a core 2 duo m11x alienware for this kind of range.... I'd really say youd honestly want to stump up the extra cash and get an i3/i5 device with a dedicated gpu but if you cant then thats what youll likely get for your money
  7. Stich

Stich Cupcake

my laptop, only cost me £350, and it runs games smooth as a kitten's purr.
    im using the HP pavilon g6, its got a i5 processor, nividia something something graphics card, 6GB of ram and 1 TB storage space , thats all the spec i can remember