1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Least played tank?

Discussion in 'WildStar Classes & Paths' started by Winzhi, Mar 30, 2014.

1. Winzhi

Winzhi New Cupcake

Who do you think will be the least played tank class and why? I would love to play it because I hate FOTM and I like being the underdog proving that the class does indeed "work".
  2. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Well it's always difficult to answer these kind of questions and I always prefer to use some kind of data for it.

So going with a recent article about which class was played the most:
    Last week data: (posted by Gaffner, here)
    Class Breakdown (Dominion):
    Engi 13%
    ESPer 18%
    Medic 12%
    SS 20%
    Stalker 17%
    Warrior 18%

Exiles:
    Engi 19%
    ESPer 12%
    Medic 14%
    SS 17%
    Stalker 17%
    Warrior 19%

While I know this isn't a clear indication of tanks, seeing as the engineer is the least played tanking class amongst the Dominion and the Stalker amongst the Exiles, we can atleast make a ''tiny bit more of an educated guess'' to what kind of tank will be played the least. But a guess nonetheless.

I say:
    Dominion = engineer
    Exile = stalker (unless the numbers shift, which can always happen)

But please note that these numbers do not specify which role they prefer with their class!!!!
    Still with more then 300k characters 2-5% can make a real difference in the number of real tanks.
    MainFrame likes this.
  3. MainFrame

MainFrame New Cupcake

Because data is continuous this assertion is presumed to be relevant.
  4. Bloodclott

Bloodclott Cupcake

From what I've seen the Engineer might be the least, the Stalker the most.
  5. Wicked Lady

Wicked Lady New Cupcake

Have to agree with bloodclott, most PUG dungeons & adventures i've been in its been a stalker tank, i've seen tons of warriors in PVP not many in PVE and i'm not sure on the engineer, but i've seen more engineers than warriors tanking on my realm.

I can definitely say Stalker is the most favoured tank atm.
  6. PalsyPlague

PalsyPlague Cupcake

According to the 10k entries on watchwildstar.com/census the stalker may be the least played tank:

http://watchwildstar.com/census#share-Tank-dividedby-character_class

The information on this graph is over both factions, but solely relates to people who have selected the tanking role. This is a strange twist because I too have encountered more stalker tanks in the beta than the other two.

Feel free to see more current numbers on the census website but here are the numbers as I see them right now:

Percentage of tanks playing each class:
    40% Engineer
    37.3% Warrior
    22.7% Stalker

Perhaps we are seeing a large amount of tanking stalkers in beta because people are testing out how a stealth tank works, despite the fact that they may not be planning on stalker tanking in live. I know I personally have tanked a good bit on my stalker with no intention of ever doing so in live.
    durabis likes this.
  7. durabis

durabis New Cupcake

I would agree with that. Stalker was the first class I rolled in beta, because I wanted to see how the stealth tanking worked, but it probably won't be my first choice when the game goes live.