1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Let's Look at the Shiphand Pic for New Races!

Discussion in 'WildStar Races' started by Domi Dayglow, Sep 25, 2013.

1. Domi Dayglow

Domi Dayglow Super Cupcake

So on 9-25-13 the Wildstar Wednesday was about Shiphand Missions and there was a nice pretty picture. Let's take apart the picture and exam every little detail!

[​IMG]

This is clearly from the Exile side. In the foreground we see a Mordesh in profile. There's even a little science bot just above his head in the background. Then right to the left of the Mordesh is an alien we haven't really seen before. The one with the pink tentacle hair working at a computer.

ShiphandRace01.png

He does have that little octopus look doesn't he? Or she or ...uhm. It? Anyway! Even behind the tentacle-hair-pinkie is probably another mordesh. Look at the cute little ears!

Then on the other side of the mordesh is the weird kangaroo rat thing.

ShiphandRace02.png
    He looks important. And wearing what looks like work coveralls. Maybe an engineer on the ship?

We also have the "Goon Squad" in the background.

ShiphandRace03.png

Probably just humans wearing masks or maybe some mordesh getting ready for Halloween. What they are wearing looks pretty standard between them so maybe they are crew?

Shiphandaurin.png

Look! Look! Laira! Mondo didn't zap her after all! She's hiding on the ship.

Anyway, I'm not saying that these images prove there are new playable races for us. Yet it does show that the Exiles are likely not just made up of the four playable races we have. It's clear there are alliances or even allies that are supporting them. It also gives the idea that the Wildstar universe has lots of other races and planets we haven't even seen yet. The shiphand missions are a good hint to that too!
    Tribe and ruff_ethereal like this.
  2. Kataryna

Kataryna Super Cupcake

Kash likes this.
  3. Vyver

Vyver "That" Cupcake

Yeah I waaay back in the beginning they mentioned that there will be a whole bunch of unplayable races to flesh out the world and make it feel bigger, some will be enemies, some will be npcs etc etc
  4. kaimarshall

kaimarshall Cupcake-About-Town

Sadly, those are most likely simply NPCs. It'd be nice if we could actually play every single race available, though. But that's probably too much to ask.
  5. Revon

Revon Well-Known Cupcake

I remember looking at some art from Cory Loftis (guy who did the concept art for Wildstar) and saw these:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I remember hoping they'd have something to do with Wildstar, and looks like they do! I really love their design :D

He also had this:

[​IMG]

Old Aurin? I wonder if we'll have elderly and child NPC's in the game world as well. Would be really cool :D
    ruff_ethereal and FruitPunchHero like this.
  6. Prof. Walrus

Prof. Walrus Cupcake

I'm fine with the races as they are now, but I hope they will unlock some additional zones/classes/races in expansions!
  7. Xlugon Pyro

Xlugon Pyro Super Cupcake

...She's not wearing any panties! :eek:

Definitely thought it was an elderly aurin the first look I got at him.
  8. Tribe

Tribe Well-Known Cupcake

Thanks for the breakdown. The "little octopus" race was featured in the DevSpeak Crowd Control video at about the 16 second mark.
    Kataryna likes this.
  9. THIS AURINS ON FIRE!!!!!!

THIS AURINS ON FIRE!!!!!! Cupcake-About-Town

mabie its a she ..........and she's an old queen:eek:!!!!!!!!!!!
  10. Fox Spirit

Fox Spirit Cupcake

I want to play one! They look so cool! :D