1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Level 12 - Spanky & Friends

Discussion in 'Nexus Weekly Podcast' started by Gray, Mar 18, 2013.

1. Gray

Gray Podcaster

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This episode kicks off with an excellent surprise intro from the talented Fred Tatasciore. I can't thank David, Loic and everyone that made that quick bit of brilliance happen enough :)

In this episode we dive right into the AMAA, speculate game systems we know of, and cover the hard-hitting topics with segments like Pants or no pants?

( Listen now )
    ( Download now )

Click Guide
    Times are not deadly accurate ™
    00:45 - Cross realm dungeon finder
    7:36 - Specific ways to build a community and build upon the wildstar website
    11:37 - Customizing pvp matches
    12:28 - Cross realm tool vs pvp rivalry
    13:14 - Server clusters? specific leader-boards?
    15:45 - Cast flips out on each other
    16:20 - Unique servers
    16:33 - Carbine lives in keyboards
    17:06 - Hungover and happy st patty's day
    19:30 - RIP Lost Piedcast Episode
    20:45 - Tanks and heals, pvp (and tether ball mode)
    25:26 - Rallying system
    26:52 - One weapon per class, aesthetics
    35:34 - Pants or no pants?
    36:35 - Experience for open world kills
    37:31 - Hardcore pvp server? Multi ruleset servers
    40:00 - What games are you playing?
    50:15 - Ending on a goodnote, shouting out to Foxgloves and Lethality
    53:15 - Alternate ending: Your epic Question of the week responses
  2. Gray

Gray Podcaster

I mean....Handbanana just kicked off episode 12? Surreal.
  3. Evion

Evion WildStar Haiku Winner 2012

Ha! Nice start. :laugh:

Good coverage of the past week, it was definitely a crazy one! I'm sorry to hear about the technical issues, that definitely sucks to lose so much work.

And yes, that was a very good approximation of what that answer to the Weekly Question should sound like. I look forward to what your next question is. ;)
  4. Patrician

Patrician "That" Cupcake

How did you get that intro!? Flippin' AWESOME!

Yeah very much the episode I expected too. All the big talks that were going on in the community now were destined to appear on the Podcast. ^^

And yeah when they touched on my question about what a tank can do in PvP I was so relieved. It was one of the greatest things about being a tank in PvP in SWTOR, and adding the Tether CC option got me SO excited... although I think I'm excited for different reasons than pseudo...

[​IMG]

Also I think the rallying system is something I love, but then I've played WoW with no rallying system and it just stinks, even with only 5 levels between you. Heck, they've even recently added a rallying system in WoW.

SWTOR's rallying system is something I always felt I liked. Not sure I like GW2's as much. I think it all plays in to how it's coded and how it feels.

Anyway, before I talk about every little thing you said and made this post a wall of text (too late) great episode!

EDIT: Also thanks for the shoutout at the very end. ^^ And yes, Claude Schmincke [Schmink-ee] (twitter @LoreVetinari) is the Patrician.
  5. pseudo

pseudo Podcaster

Reserved for my inevitable wall of links.
  6. Patrician

Patrician "That" Cupcake

HAHA! I just got to that point where Gray says there's no mace in the game when I found that picture you linked, Pseudo... >.>

[​IMG]

^ All credit goes to Pseudo for finding this concept art.
  7. pseudo

pseudo Podcaster

All credit goes to Kory Hubbell who actually drew and uploaded the thing :p

I'm just the patsy :)
    Patrician likes this.
  8. Dragnog

Dragnog Cupcake-About-Town

Sorry that you had to re-record your show - that must always be frustrating!
    Well done on getting it on in time.
    I too am impressed how everyone has been able to get along even with the amount of disagreement. Well done everyone on that! I think that the only way to achieve good community is to have arguments. That might be strange but it is through conflict that we come to a better understanding of each other as long as we allow ourselves to be able to hear what the other person is saying. We may not always agree with what a person says but at least we can then understand where they are coming from.
    3seed likes this.
  9. Gray

Gray Podcaster

It was really frustrating. I have a standard procedure when the show is done:
    1. Using a simple piece of free software called mp3 recorder I immediately hit record and typically 2 hours later stop. A confirmation message appears.
    2. I slap the unedited .mp3 file into Dropbox. This drop box is knee-deep in classified materials even Big Brother doesn't know about concerning Wildstar.

On Thursday evening I was attempting step 2 and there flat-out was nothing in the dang file save location. Intel says a dirty job like this is typically only ever taken by Skeech smugglers. Nothing to report yet on the whereabouts of the lost pied cast. Azzurri and Pseudo were very brave rejoining Sunday evening. The only rough patch was the little hunk of change I had between recording and editing/release.
  10. Azzurri

Azzurri Podcaster

We are that Awesome :D
    Patrician likes this.
  11. Dragnog

Dragnog Cupcake-About-Town

That is awful, I hope that some useful resolution is found and that you get all your information back!
  12. Azzurri

Azzurri Podcaster

Honestly, I liked recording again. It gave me something to do Sunday night.
  13. ObliviousPrime

ObliviousPrime "That" Cupcake

Great job on the podcast again :)

I am sorry Gray I did not answer the twitter question of the week I did not know it was back :(

next time I promise :p
  14. JarNod

JarNod WildStar Haiku Winner 2012 / Lead Guinea Pig

That was a good one. I really enjoyed it, though I wish Pseudo and Azzurri could have fleshed out the X-Realm LFG a little more. You guys might want to record on Sunday again with PAX coming up :p
  15. pseudo

pseudo Podcaster

I like recording on Sundays but I know its a lot to ask of Gray since he edits and publishes by Monday night/Tuesday morning.
  16. JarNod

JarNod WildStar Haiku Winner 2012 / Lead Guinea Pig

Does he really have to work on Mondays though?
  17. Kataryna

Kataryna Super Cupcake

omg, that's so looks like my Dusty cat did when he was a kitten....*points to avatar*
    sooo cute!!
    Patrician likes this.
  18. Kataryna

Kataryna Super Cupcake

also, you still can't say my name right! :rolleyes: lol! Kat - uh - ree - na :roflamo:
  19. Bellaby

Bellaby Well-Known Cupcake

20. spencerBAXLEY

spencerBAXLEY Cupcake-About-Town

Double recording? That's dedication! :)

Couple notes/interjections:
    • On healing and ranged versus melee—What they implied was more along the lines of what Azzurri was saying. What I took away from the response was that the longer the range on the attack, the slower your movement speed while casting will be—up to requiring you to be stationary while using the highest ranged abilities. Along with that, there are abilities to close and increase distance, which they hope will in turn create a "dance" of sorts. It's hard to say how that will shape up, but it seems like a pretty good idea.
    • On weapons and classes—I can't really comment on only having one weapon per class as it doesn't bother me and didn't to begin with; there's usually a BIS (Best in Slot) weapon per tier in other games anyway. On the issue of differentiating roles in classes, wouldn't an inspect feature solve that problem entirely? Naturally a tank and a DPS aren't going to value the same stat, right? If it's a Technology sword as opposed to a Strength sword, that's a dead giveaway. But I get what you're getting at with it being more work for group/raid leaders.
    • On Pseudo twerking in his boxers:confused: