1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Level 13 - Slash Pushup

Discussion in 'Nexus Weekly Podcast' started by Gray, Mar 25, 2013.

1. Honoracy

Honoracy Cupcake-About-Town

Puts some pants on that Pikachu.

Great episode guys! Material was awesome like always. Appreciate the feedback :p. Will be listening to it 20 more times most likely until next week xD

P.S. I wasn't wearing pants while I wrote this :O
    Gray likes this.
  2. Graff (FLB)

Graff (FLB) Cupcake-About-Town

Thisll be my first time listening to this podcast, its it ok to start at this episode or do I hafta go all the way back?
  3. qqmoarploxify

qqmoarploxify Cupcake-About-Town

What was that forum called for following games? They mentioned it but I couldn't understand what it was called.

Also, on the topic of flying mounts. I feel like they should be available only at level cap, giving you that exploring feel. Also, for the people doing the explorer path shouldn't be able to use flying near the are of the quest.
  4. pseudo

pseudo Podcaster

You can start wherever! We like to think they're getting better anyway :)

Its called NeoGAF. Just neogaf.com
  5. cali

cali Cupcake-About-Town

Just wanted to say that World of Tanks is pretty huge in e-sports and it only came out a little over a year ago. LOL and SC2 are huge but there are many games that have a healthy e-sport following. Any game that is even thinking about having a competitive player vs player scene will need a spectator mode...which I believe is not in WS according to the reddit amaa. On a side note, I'm a huge SC2 fan and love watching competitions on the weekend. Even if Azzuri doesn't approve of the terminology I'm a fan. If there are enough fans willing to watch people play a game, then you will see sponsorship and prize pools increase based on that fan base.

A note on the difficulty at Pax East. I was speaking with a couple of the guys running the booth regarding this and they told me that the build that they brought to Boston was more difficult than what they showed people at Arkship, but also indicated that they were testing out different/higher levels of difficulty for that area.
  6. Patrician

Patrician "That" Cupcake

I'm curious though, Cali. You are a fan of e-Sports obviously. I only love SC2, but you seem to know a few more of the other ones out there right now...

Do you think watching MMO combat played in arena style tournament matches is enjoyable? I find it incredibly boring, and could never take WoW seriously as an e-Sport because of how dull it was to watch. I tried, I really did, but... Yeah.

I do wonder if Warplots could eventually break into that scene, but I'm still not sold on the idea watching other people PvP in a MMO environment is very entertaining on a level that SC2 can be for viewers.

At least Carbine doesnt have any plans for it, anyway... And if anything does happen in that vein at a later date, it'll all have to happen organically. The best way to do things like that, IMO. Let the fans create and decide if its something to pursue, and then have the developers support it if it is.
  7. Honoracy

Honoracy Cupcake-About-Town

After your first episode you will want to go back =]
  8. cali

cali Cupcake-About-Town

I think wow arena is very boring to watch in tournaments, I do like watching streams of pvp'rs but that's mostly for the streamers personality rather than the game itself. I think the key thing for any e-sport is to have a game that's easily understandable from an outside perspective. A game like SC2 is pretty straight forward to watch, Player A builds an army and Player B builds an army and they fight it out. With arenas or LoL you're pretty much lost unless you're familiar with the abilities of classes being played. The best way I could think to put it is the audience learning curve? I could be bias, but that's what I think.
  9. Patrician

Patrician "That" Cupcake

I agree with you, actually. Someone can watch a game of football in the US and instantly know the majority of stuff going on. But put a US person in front of a cricket match and they might be completely lost.

It's a good thing to keep in mind I suppose when imagining how well a potential e-Sport game can catch interest.
  10. Zerkh

Zerkh New Cupcake

Is there any chance for podcast to be on Stitcher too?
  11. Lethality

Lethality "That" Cupcake

Well color me foolish... totally forgot about this forum :( I totally enjoyed being on the podcast... ! I hope everyone wasn't as annoyed with my voice as I usually am!
  12. Black Wolf

Black Wolf Super Cupcake

No, I thought you sounded cool!
  13. Fate Flyer

Fate Flyer "That" Cupcake

Well, I was going to say you sounded great, but now I just feel scorned! :p How could you forget all of us here, Lethality! :cry: