1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Level 16 – The Kurtenacker 3000

Discussion in 'Nexus Weekly Podcast' started by Gray, Apr 15, 2013.

1. Gray

Gray Podcaster

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Join us this week as we find out the question: Were our bodies ready for the beta announcement? Your regular host and co-hosts tackle all things beta and item designer thread. They even create their own entry on the spot during the show. Find out what it is and listen would you?

( Listen now )
    ( Download now )

Click Guide
    Times are not deadly accurate ™
    00:25 - It's beta season
    6:05 - Blood brothers & sisters!
    7:00 - Pseudo PSA and Gaz post kudos
    8:42 - Skeech Mcgee
    11:05 - Beta speculation including cast's past beta experience
    18:05 - Design an item discussion
    23:15 - Nexus Weekly designs an item!
    29:45 - Community Email, thanks mafos and BP
    30:55 - Pants or no pants?
    32:25 - What games are you playing?
    Razmos, pseudo and spencerBAXLEY like this.
  2. Graff (FLB)

Graff (FLB) Cupcake-About-Town

heh...heh...heh...
  3. Kurik

Kurik Super Cupcake

Cool, I'll listen to it during my commute tomorrow. :)
  4. Anhrez

Anhrez Cupcake-About-Town

Your podcast is on the cusping edge of wildstar fandom!
  5. Anhrez

Did Gray's missing pants go to the groupie?
  6. Tom Servo

Tom Servo Carbine Studios

What? Are you freaking kidding?!?! THAT SOUNDS RAD!! :) The Kurtenacker 3000 is brilliant... And a brilliant naming strategy. So awesome!!!! I'm honored!! Thanks guys!!! We would lose a pirate fortune in licensing fees, but I love the idea of rare finds, EP's, and albums.... Like "Oh man, you got Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon!!" Cool stuff!!
    Azzurri, pseudo and Fate Flyer like this.
  7. Guide

Guide Well-Known Cupcake

I am definitely not Skeech McGee. Guide is not responsible for cannibalistic mobs that use his art. LOL
  8. Evion

Evion WildStar Haiku Winner 2012

Daww, short one this week, but understandable! Hope the traveling all goes well and that you had fun! :D

The Skeech McGee thing had me laughing, as did the "cusp." Aaaah good times. I haven't had weird fans like that (thankfully), only requests for weird fetish art. XD

Great show, as always. I do hope the testers are doing their best as well, and looking forward to the upcoming weeks!
  9. Dragnog

Dragnog Cupcake-About-Town

All of the closed Betas that I have been involved with used a questionnaire system one way or the other, it is how they use the data which is more important: most of the time you are looking for trends because there is just too much data to look at otherwise (or that has been the most common explanation which I agree with).

I am not always sure that they poll the right information at the right time. A new player is in a unique position to give you feedback on initial player experience a more "experienced" is in the position to talk about longevity of game play and can get into more complex systems.
  10. Fate Flyer

Fate Flyer "That" Cupcake

Nice music idea for an item slot, guys. :up: The Kurtenacker 3000? Epic. :]
  11. pseudo

pseudo Podcaster

"Tired of the chirrup of avian agitators? Fed up with the howls of gales in Galeras? Well, we here at Protostar have the answer! Straight from the Protostar labs, we introduce our newest innovation: The Kurtenacker 3000! First time you're hearing about the device? No problem! It's actually the first time we have heard about it as well!

You see, the Kurtenacker 3000 is being released as Protostar's first 'beta' product! That's right! Now you, the consumer, gets to experience the adventure that is testing a Protostar product simply by purchasing a K3K at its full retail price and then seeing whether or not the device explodes and/or melts!

So, what makes the K3K so unique? Well, it was developed single-handedly by our eccentric musicologist "Mad" Kix Kurtenacker (advanced degrees in Grooving, Keeping it Real, and Quantum Mechanics) where he spent the better part of a weekend putting the finishing touches on the prototype.

If there's one thing we here at Protostar Corp care about, it's personal growth, money, and dazzling innovation. We believe in Kix's invention... but enough of our rambling, let's let Kix himself tell you more about the very first buffing audio player ever!

---
    Cut to Kix standing in a charred lab coat, wearing goggles on his forehead. All around his face is black soot, except the two circles around his eyes that are the same diameter of his goggles.

Greetings, friends! How many times have you been bored silly by the thought of yet another afternoon of taking down two story Eldan monstrosities, feral beasts, and all manner of raiders, marauders, pirates, and hooligans? If you're like any of us here at Protostar, then the answer to that question is 'quite often, thanks!' If that is your answer, then I have spent the better part of a weekend concocting my greatest invention just. for. you... and anyone else that wants to get in on the ground floor of beta testing my auditory buffer!

Now, what exactly is an auditory buffer you might ask. Well, the answer is quite simple really. Throughout time, people have held that music is key to the soul and body... and for the most part, they were right! By my intense study of brain wave analysis, I have created a portable audio system that not only entertains, but also strengthens resolve, fortitude, wisdom, and even strength!

Simply by keeping the K3K notched on the side of your belt, and putting in our specialized earbuds that are so tiny that they seem to not even exist, the user can fortify their natural attributes through the use of advanced electronic impulses sent directly to the brain! Sound scary? It kind of is! But that's why we need to test it!

But that's not all! The K3K is also extremely moddable, meaning that as our project continues to mature, the power source found inherently in the K3K can be removed, upgraded, and installed with even more power augmentation chips.

Yes, it seems as though the future is here, today! The closed beta is starting today! Want in to the closed beta? My only advice is to not seem too excited about the product, because then you will have to wait for the open beta!

Thank you all, and happy auditory buffing!

An Erlenmeyer flask explodes behind Kix in a tiny, tiny mushroom cloud as the camera shuts off.
    Fate Flyer, Evion, JarNod and 3 others like this.
  12. Anhrez

LOL ....so true I think you sprained my mind
  13. Patrician

Patrician "That" Cupcake

Hey that was me again in the intro! Thanks guys! Also thanks for not making me follow the awesome Fred Tatasciore... ;)

Also I don't think it's very difficult to not talk about NDA stuff and still be enthusiastic about the game. I doubt that's why they wouldn't give beta codes to prominent community members. I think when all is said and done its just random.

But those that went to Arkship were under a NDA and that never stopped them from talk talk talking about everything they were allowed to and keep the hype up. ;-D
  14. Gray

Gray Podcaster

Great point Patrician. One I think we can all learn from, even (some) co hosts on my show. (one) /shameless.

In all honesty I think more and more about that Kurtenacker 300 and I want something like this! Music system in Lotro is fan-f#@$%!-tastic. We could call those old record finds like... Paper Airship instead of Led Zeppelin :alien:
    Fate Flyer, Patrician and Yakzan like this.
  15. John

John "That" Cupcake

Am I the only one who can't see any time indicator on the video player?
  16. Azzurri

Azzurri Podcaster

You know I didn't think about that, we were/are under Arkship NDA and did not have a leak/problem. So not allowing press ect not into is hogwash to me :D