1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Level 18 - The Stastishan's Snidbit

Discussion in 'Nexus Weekly Podcast' started by Gray, Apr 29, 2013.

1. Gray

Gray Podcaster

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Episode 18 is one part news and one part epic interview with our resident Cassian, Gazimoff. We head straight for the Crimson Isle, discuss PvP stats and listen with dreamy eyes as Gaz regales us about the Arkship EU experience.

( Listen now )
    ( Download now )

Click Guide
    Times are not deadly accurate ™
    6:59 - Crimson Isle
    9:15 - Community Rapid Fire: What is your favorite type of zone? (Thanks Pixie )
    14:59 - Community Rapid Fire: Crafting mentions in p30 (Thanks Ninereeds )
    17:46 - Community Rapid Fire: Do you like pvp stats and why? (Thanks Philips_666)
    24:48 - Nexus Weekly Twitter Question of the Week
    27:43 - Shout outs
    28:25 - Pants or no pants?
    31:15 - What games are we playing?
    41:25 - Gazimoff interview begins
    Yianna, Dysp, Kurik and 3 others like this.
  2. pseudo

pseudo Podcaster

reserved
  3. Fate Flyer

Fate Flyer "That" Cupcake

Gazimoff = the man :up:

As far as PvP stats go, I say, "Why not?" I've never been a big PvPer in MMOs (or at least I wasn't in the past, but I'm honestly thinking that I may be in WildStar), so I guess my opinion is somewhat not as relevant at the moment, but I think it sounds interesting enough to see implemented.

Also, Smite! :D

I guess this interview with Gazimoff confirms then that players will be automatically teleported to instances, as the Arkship people were to Stormtalon's Lair. Granted, they could have just been teleported because it was Arkship and the game's still in beta, but I'm guessing that's something that we'll see in the game upon release, which I'm not opposed to.
  4. Dragnog

Dragnog Cupcake-About-Town

In this session I actually got to see a great deal more of your personalities. A good episode.
  5. Youngscrub

Youngscrub New Cupcake

Enjoyed the listen. I'm glad you guys liked my iTunes review, I felt I should point out that Calebatha is actually Caleb Atha. That's my name, smashed together, like if you were to read "Lady Gaga" as "Ladygaga." My fault, I can see how that would be hard to read. Also I'm (and I'm really sorry to disappoint here) not a girl.
    Thanks for another great episode:up: .
    Azzurri likes this.
  6. Kernelpanic

Kernelpanic New Cupcake

Loved the show! The delivery, clear audio and as Dragnog stated your personalities make this a really enjoyable listen. Wish other W* podcasts were as well presented while providing great content.

Great to hear another point-of-view from Arkship EU. Some excellent dodging by Gazimoff, nice try guys :)

Also, <REDACTED> t-shirts -- love it :laugh:
  7. Azzurri

Azzurri Podcaster

I'll get on the T-shirts thing sometime soon.
  8. Kurik

Kurik Super Cupcake

Great episode guys and put me down for a couple shirts. :p
    Fate Flyer likes this.
  9. InnocentCivilian

InnocentCivilian "That" Cupcake

As always, the debate continues: how exactly does one 'win' 'Pants or no Pants'? :p (Don't ever stop this segment)

Speaking of which, think about how difficult 'winning' 'Pants or no Pants' will be once Wildstar is out? I think that having our characters without pants will be much more rare than having podcasters without pants. :p

I actually agree and am a little surprised that the Draken go from Crimson Isle to Deradune. While I do think that Deradune looks hella cool and that it's the first 'savannah' zone I'm really excited about; I am surprised that it is preceded by the Crimson Isle which looks similar in several ways (even shares some of the same wildlife). I guess that the cause for mild perplexity is because Carbine's been talking a lot about Zone Fatigue, so it just seemed slightly odd that they'd make that choice :p.

As you guys pointed out though, I guess it makes sense though, since it's so near Deradune. :p

Edit: LFG stormtalon, veteran mode, no pants
    Dysp likes this.
  10. Patrician

Patrician "That" Cupcake

Meeting Gazimoff, someone who I call a "Rockstar of the Computer Gaming World," was one of my personal highlights. I had a lot of fun hanging out with him and "Cez," and you could not meet a nicer couple of people. Really excited they are part of our community.

Also the devs DID party Saturday, and while most of them went to bed around 2:30, Ender, Mizpah, Chris Gray (IT Support at Carbine) and myself stayed up talking even after the bar kicked us out. >.> It was hard getting there to 9 on time the next morning, but we DID IT!

Arkship EU proved though that I not only adore the developers, I also love the community members. Here's hoping when we move to NA we get to go even more community gatherings/events to meet the NA people!

... though I will have to start a collection to make sure we can invite Gazimoff and Cez with a complimentary plane ticket so they can come too.
  11. Dysp

Dysp Cupcake-About-Town

The first time I heard Gazimoff's voice (I think on an earlier Nexus Weekly) I thought he sounded like Rufus Sewell with a slight Yahtzee (from the escapist) accent or something. Him and Gray should do VO work, if they don't already. Awesome voices.

I've listened to most of the Nexus Weeklies, now, and really enjoy them. They're quite entertaining, and interviews like this one are great.

Maybe Veteran mode is no pants... There's no check-able option for Veteran mode, you just enter the dungeon with no pants, and it's enabled.

Seriously though, a special conditions mode would be fun for dungeons, like a specific item is disabled, dodge is disabled or reduced, regen is cut, HP is halved, enemies throw out 2-3x larger/more telegraphs, enemies throw out mimic telegraphs, etc. It'd add variety and could even follow the comical style of WildStar.
    Azzurri likes this.