1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Level 26 - Just Skillin'

Discussion in 'Nexus Weekly Podcast' started by Zap-Robo, Jun 23, 2013.

1. Zap-Robo

Zap-Robo Administrator • King Cupcake

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    In episode 26 we discuss the week's Wildstarian news, address epic fan mail and fire away with our calibrated Community Rapid Fire cannon. Stick around after the show for an epic song from Suave Poet.

( Listen now )
    ( Download now )

Click Guide
    Times are not deadly accurate ™

1:00 - Hello and Wildstar Wednesday to you all
    5:10 - Who gives a <REDACTED>
    6:05 - Community Email: Spacenuke's Email - What is the most fun, most epic thing you've done in an MMO?
    17:43 - Server rivalry and the open world PvP
    18:42 - Cross server communication
    24:45 - Community Rapidfire: Crucifer's Post E3 recommendations
    29:50 - Sandbox style and how it relates to Wildstar
    37:00 - Community Rapid Fire: Which race fascinates you the most? (Thanks Caedos)

[​IMG]
    (By Razyda)
    39:50 - Pants or no pants?
    41:20 - What games have you been playing?
    45:30 - NWTQW - What do Mechari find romantic?
    48:20 - Shoutros - Including a reminder about the Pay it Forward Week

Ending song: Suave's Potents Epic Drops
    Kenyar and Dustbrother like this.
  2. Anhrez

Anhrez Cupcake-About-Town

I have to ask .... Does the bard enable the collection of groupies? Cuz that would add another A to the tilte I think
  3. Genoshock

Genoshock Cupcake-About-Town

WoW: The Burning Crusade. Saw a tanking paladin stacking +heal gear because he thought it would increase the amount of healing on him from others .... we laughed for weeks!!!
  4. Genoshock

Genoshock Cupcake-About-Town

I think they already have the "design my house" thing .... and i would think "design my warplot" would have a similar option :D
  5. Ekadzati

Ekadzati New Cupcake

The best and most epic thing I've ever done/seen in an MMO was way along and ago in EverQuest 1 and was a brief (alas, poorly delivered) thing called "Project M". Essentially, it allowed you to "be" a mob in the game.

This was before a much later rendition that allowed you to be a BOSS mob (not sure how that one worked out). We were lining up to be Fire Beetles in the South Qeynos newbie yard just so we could freak the heck out of new players by being FAR too intelligent to be an "ordinary" mob.

I kind of wish something like that was still around... but I can't think of how it could be implemented that wouldn't immediately be set upon for griefing or other nefarious activities.

Hm. Now that I think of it, it would be pretty darn fabulous if roleplayers could be granted a rare opportunity to show up in the world as [lore or famous character] and engage/interact with the populace. (I had one of these moments with a GM in EQ1 who was pretty much determined to slaughter every player at Karnor's Castle. I roleplayed me arse off and was the only one who lived. Heh.)

Oh. There was also the time I created a pretty well to do business in SWG as an interior decorator; you wouldn't believe the things people would hand me to use in decorating their place (extremely rare, collectible items). I suppose it helped that I was one of those ridiculously good "good gals" on the server. (I liked their "Master Identity Designer" as well and did quite a lot on the server helping folks fine-tune their look/style.

That's all I can think of at the moment, but I know there were more... ~wanders off with a thoughtful look on her face~
  6. Razyda

Razyda New Cupcake

thanks for the spotlight gents, also pretty good attempts at pronouncing my nickname, had a laugh :up:
  7. Dustbrother

Dustbrother Cupcake

Shalanigh likes this.
  8. Wormwood

Wormwood Cupcake

I am so glad that Server Rivalries were brought up! More than anything, I hope these are fostered by Carbine and Wildstar, not stiffeled. They created community, and some of my best memories in World of Warcraft!
    pseudo likes this.
  9. qqmoarploxify

qqmoarploxify Cupcake-About-Town

What is the email address to ask a question?
  10. Wormwood

Wormwood Cupcake

Gray likes this.
  11. pseudo

pseudo Podcaster

wormwood is a smart man!
  12. cali

cali Cupcake-About-Town

Just listened to this at work and was cracking up. Way to make me feel like a retard at work guys! Good job as always.
  13. Cazargar

Cazargar Cupcake

Gray, props on getting my last name right. It amazes me how many people go with Bash-tian instead of simply Bastin.

Most embarrassing moment: I had played WoW since vanilla and ZG was one of my first raiding experiences ever. I hadn't revisited any of that stuff until WotLK when my guild (a very very casual raiding guild) decided to take about 15 of us and go through it for funsies. We get to the first boss and while waiting for everyone to get there I'm yammering about a basic strat for the boss. I knew it would be easy, but I wasn't expecting to roll it, and everyone there was too nice to just tell me to shut up. I spent 5 minutes talking about the fight and we killed him in less than a minute. I didn't say much after that :p
  14. Kytty

Kytty Cupcake-About-Town

My most embarrassing moment was in WoW Vanilla.
    our guild had gottent o the point we were clearing MC in about 6 hours. We used to stop for a quick bio break just before Ragnaros. Me not thinking anything of it quickly ducked out to check on some washing. Came back in to find my 5 year old sitting at my PC laughing his head off. My headphones nearly exploding with screaming.
    Turns out my son thought the Rock elementals looked like they need a hug, ran my Resto druid down there. Decided the big red numbers were bad and ran back to the group of 95% AFK players. someone must have decided to try and heal me or something because all of a sudden the whole group is in combat and gets face <REDACTED> all while we are all away from the computer LOL Needless to say I lost DKP for that and I started alt tabbing out of the game when AFK :) Was funny as hell though and once I explained by childs reason the guild leader had to take a minute to recompose himself after snorting soft drink all over his monitor