1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Level 27 - Full Spirble

Discussion in 'Nexus Weekly Podcast' started by Gray, Jul 1, 2013.

1. Gray

Gray Podcaster

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The Enigmates invaded Episode 27 in all of its glory. Join us as Mizpah and PseudoNimh assist the slaying of the mighty CB 3 patch notes discussion in this borderline Pulitzer episode.

( Listen now )
    ( Download now )

Click Guide
    Times are not deadly accurate ™

1:45 - Welcome to our co hosts!
    4:20 - What's up with Enigma?
    8:35 - Rezzed
    14:10 - On raiding
    16:44 - Monty Python has wiped Enigma
    20:39 - Closed Beta 3 Patch Notes and Donatelli's interview over at Zam
    21:39 - All classes can rez
    26:20 - Prestige, a Wildstar PvP Currency. Are PvP currencies here to stay?
    32:35 - Farside, traveling off of the Nexus
    37:35 - Rivals List
    44:35 - Skullcano

[​IMG]

(By AlienFirst)

48:45 - Fanmail Question: Discussing the Pay it Forward beta giveaway (Thanks Bull Pardy)
    53:35 - Fanmail Question: What is/has been your favorite zone in any other game and why? (Thanks Wormwood)
    1:01:18 - Fanmail Question: What is the best prank you've pulled on someone in an mmo? (Thanks Gandjdgamebager)
    1:07:50 - What games have you been playing?
    1:13:35 - Pants or no pants?
    1:17:05 - Shoutros
    Kenyar, Synektra, Dustbrother and 3 others like this.
  2. Caimie

Caimie Cupcake-About-Town

Looking forward to hear my guild members!
    Gray likes this.
  3. Black Wolf

Black Wolf Super Cupcake

Downloading now, gonna listen it later today!
    Gray likes this.
  4. Mumba

Mumba New Cupcake

Will listen later today at what our Enigmates has to say, will be fun.
    Gray likes this.
  5. Wormwood

Wormwood Cupcake

Great Stuff as always, and happy to hear the answers to my question!

Interestingly, my favortie zone comes from an entirely different direction than the Nexus Weekly Crew: My favorite zone in any MMO I've ever played remains Silithus. Now, I first leveled through Silithus long after its inception, during Wrath, and what cemented it as my favorite was the fact that NO ONE was there. It was utterly devoid of life, and I was utterly alone. Combined with the haunting music, the desolate landscape and the terrifying denizens of the dunes, it created a uniquely solitary experience that I've never felt in any other setting. I will remember the anxious terror I felt through that entire zone for many years to come.
    Gray likes this.
  6. PseudoNimh

PseudoNimh Cupcake

Ooo, wicked it's up! Thanks for having us guys!
    Wormwood likes this.
  7. Dustbrother

Dustbrother Cupcake

I love this podcast so much, I've been through all the back episodes, they've been a constant source of amusement, even when nothing really has been happening. Except that one episode Grae, you know what I'm talking about. I also look forward every week to America's favorite segment.

This is my question to guest PseudoNimh and Grae:

Do you think people who have created fan art for Wildstar have helped or added to the community? You were talking about intentions being important on the pay it forward thread discussion this week.
  8. PseudoNimh

PseudoNimh Cupcake

One of the many things I love about the Wildstar community is the fan creations. There have been amazing music videos and artwork produced by fans of Wildstar. So in that respect I definitely believe that fan art adds and helps the community. One of the reasons I go back and forth on the idea of Pay it Forward is, as you asked, about intentions. If someone is only creating something to get a beta key, where is the community mindset?

I love the Wildstar community and I definitely want the individuals who have done amazing things for our community to get credit for the dedication they bring. One could argue that those who contribute to the community should get an item in the game named after them. Or maybe a zone, or an NPC. Should they get beta access? That's another tough one. The Wildstar Team has put that as part of the reward for Pay-it-Forward so in a way it's a moot point.

I've heard various people in our community back beta access for the Pay-it-Forward and others go against it since betas are not all shiny and polished. Usually the dev team wants individuals to give back feedback, constructively, not just play it and keep silent. We've seen a lot of requests from the devs to do certain things, test out certain play styles, etc. And I think I am digressing just a little bit there, so back on topic!

To answer your question, yes. Yes fan created art helps and adds to the community. My one stipulation is though, that it is done with the desire to share with the community, not for the sole intent of gaining early access to betas. Once that occurs, it's no longer about the community, it's all about the self.

Intentions...driving humans, Cassians, Granoks, etc... since the dawn of time! :)
  9. Screenager

Screenager Cupcake-About-Town

just listening to this over lunch. Nice to hear enigma and glad to see my over the shoulder camerawork was useful :p
    PseudoNimh likes this.
  10. PseudoNimh

PseudoNimh Cupcake

With your skillset Screenager, I am now waiting for the first proper independent live action film for wildstar raiding. ;) Then again, it was real life so you could possibly do something along the lines of .. REALITY WILDSTAR TELEVISION! And for some reason those three words had to be in caps. ;)
    Screenager likes this.
  11. Mog

Mog New Cupcake

Skullcano pirates are turning people into gold statues and selling them for profit. Not like they turn them into gold and then shape them into bloody coins or something.
  12. Dustbrother

Dustbrother Cupcake

Ahh PseudoNimh.. I do think that's a slightly negative attitude. Don't get me wrong what I had submitted I had started weeks before, because I wanted to use what I was good at to get involved in the fan creations section of this forum.

However I have no problem at all with people creating genuinely cool stuff to try and get a beta key. I mean if you're willing to put the time in and show your love for the game, why not? Like the guy who painted the mural in his bar, that's frickin awesome.

Also 90% of us are here because we are OBSESSED with this game and yes we would do anything to get a beta key, so what?.. Why can't we just be positive about all the great stuff that came out of that thread instead of complaining about people's motives..

I also realize that people like the kind gentlemen who have been running this podcast for 27 episodes are in a league of their own in terms of dedication, I get that.
  13. Screenager

Screenager Cupcake-About-Town

Lol hmmm let's see shaky camera work, a dozen sets of Ann summers bunny ears, furry handc.... Wait!... Oh wrong film... Scuse me while I get my coat
  14. Radipole

Radipole New Cupcake

Excellent cast, and I now have a guild ready for release :)
    Gray likes this.
  15. PseudoNimh

PseudoNimh Cupcake

:) And this is why I have a mixed view on things. The concern some had, myself included, was that some people would only get involved and create something solely for the beta key and literally never contribute to the community in another way. I watch with sadness random tweets from people who are complaining about not having a beta key even though they created something. I would hope that it is the obsession, the passion, the drive to inspire the devs, the community, etc, to create something, not just "omg beta key now prz".
  16. Dustbrother

Dustbrother Cupcake

I still completely disagree. I myself watch in sadness as you see this event in a cynical light. Maybe you could tell the community how to contribute to the community in a selfless manner. I hope that one day we run into each other when Wildstar goes gold, and we kick some Nexian ass.

All the best in the world.

Dust.
  17. Cazargar

Cazargar Cupcake

When Mizpah said Prankor I heard it as P-Rancor, i.e. a rancor prankster. I died.