1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Leveling with PvP

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback' started by Nukah, Nov 18, 2013.

1. Nukah

Nukah New Cupcake

Might be a little late to suggest this, but you never know.

I love competitive games in general even if that's an fps game, moba or w/e. Me and my buddies have been looking for an MMO with a solid PvP system and what we have seen so far for Wildstar is very promising.

I never enjoyed the typical quest/grind way of leveling up though. I don't see why I should bring X guy 150 flowers for his garden or w/e, or kill 50 of that and 10 of that until I reach the max level that will finally allow me to bash some heads.

You mention that you added the telegraph system early on in order to prepare players and make them slowly and steadily adjusted to what's coming at end game dungeons, raids etc. Why don't you try to do that same "training" with pvp? Have players join the PvP action early on and reward them with exp if (for instance) they heal X amount of life or deal Y amount of damage, get X exp for every time you get this or that objective ( filling a bar at each battleground/arena of that objective and when it is full, you reward the experience each time).

Also award pvp items which scale with your level so by the time you reach max level you will have some gear to begin with.

I read your article here ( in which everything sounds awesome btw ) http://www.wildstar-online.com/en/news/uplink_analysis_pvp.php but experience points gained in PvP is not mentioned if I am correct.

Just to clarify, I am not talking about getting some exp if you try e.g a battleground in lower levels. I am talking about a solid leveling system within the battlegrounds or pvp of any sorts.

I hope that wasn't too long or boring. I would love to see thoughts of other players in this matter.

Cheers
  2. Kataryna

Kataryna Super Cupcake

you can level up exclusively in PvP Battlegrounds if you wish, once you hit the level you can enter them (i think it's level 6ish??). You'll get xp from killing players in OWPvP. You'll get access to Arenas and Warplots at 50.
    Nukah and Extatica like this.
  3. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Dat Kat!
    Swipes her paws to close the thread with the perfect answer!
    And that's how the cookie crumbles ;) (hint)

But yeh...that's kinda what it is....so you've got any other questions? :D
  4. Nukah

Nukah New Cupcake

Well if that's what it is, it's what, almost, all other MMOs have been doing. "Battlegrounds award some exp" and that's it, forcing me to spend time on content that, even if it is supercool and awesome, doesn't interest me.

I heard Stephan Frost saying at an interview that it is really hard to create an MMO because there are alot of other games inside the game ( inception style ) and you have to satisfy everyone. This is totally true and I enjoy battlegrouds and arenas ( those 2 games inside wildstar ). I don't see why I have to play the rest of the content until I get to level 50 and finally be able to fight in arenas, whereas a PvE player is never asked to go into PvP in order to get full access to PvE content.

Anyway, even if it is dull and slow like other MMOs I will still go with battleground leveling. It is still more fun for me than questing etc.

P.S Extatica I appreciate your comment, even though it attempts to make me look like a total idiot. Don't get me wrong, no judgment on your effort to get super-ultra-epic cupcake status, you just weren't informative or helpful like the other user, Kataryna. I get around the forum alot to get useful information and insight about the game and comments like yours, having to read them, just waste my time usually. No hard feelings, just some feedback on your commenting.

Cheers
  5. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Well guess that's the last time I ask someone who is new to the active side of this forum if he has another question....

Also it was kinda a message for Kat, hence the ''hint'' ;) You won't get it even if you want to :D

So I don't mind the total irrelevant ''feedback'' on a less irrelevant post :p

Also it's not like I came here to support Kataryna's message....since people here don't believe it if 1 person says it. So....you'll see more like this posts from multiple people. They just ''varify'' info given by another player.

And it's not like I got the original post of Carbine about it anyway.....:rolleyes:
    Oops...did I just give it to someone who acted NOT NICE AT ALL.......ah well...your new :coffee:
    Nukah likes this.
  6. Nukah

Nukah New Cupcake

Thank you sir. Get my like
  7. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

But I was serious about this:
    since people here don't believe it if 1 person says it. So....you'll see more like this posts from multiple people. They just ''varify'' info given by another player.

But people won't say things like ''I second that''

They use strange things like ''that's the way the cookie crumbles'' or sometimes they repeat the person with different words ;) But then again, you get a better certainty that it's genuine info.
    Kataryna likes this.
  8. nizku

nizku New Cupcake

u get about 25% xp bar in pvp bg's so don't worry about that

Btw leveling is funny and i'm a 100% pvp'er.. and i hated for 7 years the bored wow and tipical mmo's leveling xD
  9. Draxus

Draxus Cupcake

good to see that