1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Little confused about this website/forum

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback' started by Sinnocent, Apr 17, 2013.

1. Sinnocent

Sinnocent New Cupcake

So I just googled "Wildstar online" trying to find fansites/communities etc.. and I came upon this forum immediately. Now I'm a little confused.. is this the OFFICIAL WildStar forums? Because I see no link to a forum on the official website(www.wildstar-online.com) yet this forum looks so professional and active but wildstar-central just sounds like a fansite to me.
    Aheadache likes this.
  2. Brezals

Brezals Cupcake

I don't think this is the official, but if I understand correctly devs are using this as it was a official.
  3. Sabre070

Sabre070 Cupcake-About-Town

Wildstar Central is just a fansite.
  4. Jynetik

Jynetik "That" Cupcake

There are no "official" Wildstar forums at present.

Wildstar Central is however the go-to forum for the dev team and is currently the "hub" of the greater Wildstar community. There are other fansites, I believer there is a list of them somewhere... that are all quite good and they all have their own neat niche and content offerings, as well the Wildstar subreddit is a good place to chat as well.
  5. Sabre070

At the current point in time the devs have no need for a public forum (and they may never need one). This is the same system that minecraft uses (just their forums are run and managed by curse).
  6. Brezals

Brezals Cupcake

I don't know if this is under NDA, but has carbine said that there is a beta forum? becuase, I mean, they have to get feedback and discussions from the testers somehow.
  7. Sabre070

I've wanted to know that myself (since I spend more time thinking about games then playing them) but have come to the conclusion that they'd have to, its just not feasible to get a large response from players without a discussion area.

Having in game discussion and forms could work but it just doesn't seem like they wouldn't go the extra effort to make a forum for discussion so that everyone can submit their ideas easily.

Assuming that chat logs in game are recorded they COULD hold discussions there but its doubtful.
  8. Bisqquit

Bisqquit "That" Cupcake

I'm fairly confident there are closed beta forums. I'm also pretty certain we'll get official forums too as it would buck the trend set by every single other MMO ever.
  9. Jynetik

Jynetik "That" Cupcake

Guild Wars never had any official forums, and neither does Guild Wars 2, some of the larger MMOs in the genre. As well the World of Warcraft official forums are such a toxic mess that is best avoided that it honestly seems like a pretty reasonable choice to let the community create it's own sites that the devs can watch and respond to.
  10. Bisqquit

Bisqquit "That" Cupcake

Guild Wars 2 does have official forums

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum

Also, citing WoW as an example isn't really fair. The Rift forums are great. Lord of The Rings Online, great. The Secret World, great. Most games I've dabbled with have official forums which are fine.

I have no problem with fan or community run sites but Carbine noted recently that Wildstar had nearly a quarter of a million beta apps. There aren't even 4,000 members here. Official forums will come because there will be a requirement for them and it would be extremely unprofessional not to have them.
  11. Jynetik

Jynetik "That" Cupcake

My mistake. I am not familiar with the way that RIFT and LOTRO handled their forums but it sounds like it is working for them. You're probably right, official forums are very likely and we will see them implemented likely sooner than later. If I recall correctly SWTOR had its official forums up for months if not a year or two in advance of its launch.
  12. Bisqquit

Bisqquit "That" Cupcake

Yeah they did. I kinda missed them out as they were pretty poorly implemented and the community is a little like WoWs (which I can understand given the state of the game). SWTOR launched without individual server forums which was a big blow to community interaction.

BTW, the guys here are doing a fine job and I hope the site continues to thrive after the games release.
  13. Arawulf

Arawulf Owner of WildStarFans.net

First of all, welcome to the WildStar Community. While there is no "official" WildStar forum at this time, you'll find that WildStar Central is by far the oldest and largest fan community. The devs stop by here on a regular basis and browse, interact and even announce stuff. You've found the right place to hang out and talk WildStar!

For the time being, for "official" news and information about WildStar, I'd suggest you keep tabs on the official website and on Twitter follow @Team_WildStar, @CRB_Scooter, @CRB_Aether and @CRB_Atreid and/or follow the official Facebook page.
  14. Fate Flyer

Fate Flyer "That" Cupcake

As others have said, there are no official Carbine Studios-run forums as of yet. WildStar Central is a fan site and fan-run forum, although the developers frequent here and post often enough as well as communicate to the administrator. It is the largest WildStar online community for the time being. If you're looking for all the dev posts, this forum has every post conveniently listed for you: http://wildstar-central.com/index.php?link-forums/wsc-developer-posts.33/

As for closed beta forums, the last I heard was that they were working on getting forums up for the beta testers, but that was all hearsay and speculation, I believe. I imagine/hope they would get an official (but currently private) forum up in order to receive feedback from their testers.
    Aheadache likes this.
  15. Narthen

Narthen Cupcake

Amen brother......AMEN to that.
  16. Aheadache

Aheadache Well-Known Cupcake

Zap is going to love this, he has done a great job with the site.

BTW welcome to the community. Very active, positive bunch of people here, even the IRC chat is great at nights. This has just been awesome here with the developers stopping in to give updates and take part in the growing community. :up:
    Crybone likes this.
  17. Crybone

Crybone Cupcake-About-Town

Agreed, it was the first place to pop up in 2011 as well! Really impressive webdesign and search visibility. Did a search for the site on my phone to see how it was running on my Lumia 920, and i must say the site is really crisp and responsive! (even though it wasn't a mobile version :cry:)

I honor the webdesigner.
  18. Zap-Robo

Zap-Robo Administrator • King Cupcake

Yup - we're a fansite but thanks for the compliment! We have actually never used any SEO tricks - our high placement in search results is totally au naturel which is a testament to the community and their discussions!

Carbine have said that Official Forums will be released at some stage and the beta no doubt has hidden forums. Carbine have said that they will continue to interact with the wider fansite community even once their own forums are in place.

Until then, and even beyond, I feel the WSC Community is the core of the WildStar Community and I'm glad to be maintaining this site (with the help of Team Mod) for you all.
    Arawulf, Críostóir and Fate Flyer like this.