1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Looking for Build Feedback

Discussion in 'WildStar Classes & Paths' started by Arkavien, Dec 25, 2013.

1. Arkavien

Arkavien Cupcake

I know this is 100% speculation, everything subject to change, no one knows for sure what will be best blah blah, but I think it is fun to play with action set builders and would love to hear what other wildstar fans think of my attempt at a tanking engineer build.

http://www.wildstar-arkship.de/acti...:4;134:8;138:7;135:3;143:3;147:0;148:0;141:0;

Flak Cannon for building Volatility AND an extra 45% deflect due to Tiering it to 4.

Givem The Gas as my main Volatility spender keeping 50% blunder on enemies as much as possible.

Disruptive Module to generate Volatility for more Givem the Gas blunders and also generates shields for me and my allies.

Bio Shell for pulling and getting tech debuff going for extra damage from me and any Medics.

Recursive Matrix and Volatile Injection for "oh <REDACTED>" cooldowns or when known boss mechanics come.

Zap for CC/Interupt Armor breaking. Code Red for Taunt, and if I find I never use it, switch it for PDU.
  2. coreymj78

coreymj78 Cupcake-About-Town

I would as I'm interested in the Engy class too, but the link to the site you posted was blocked by my work filter. This site for some reason is not. Anyway, sorry bud.
  3. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Depending on the situation you may reconsider having Volatile Injection and change it with the Shatter impairement. Being stunned for 5 second can really F* up your threat or can even kill you. But that is just with some bosses/situations.

Personally I don't like the Bio Shell ability for several reasons. The first being the long cast time, as you said it's kinda only good for pulling and then I rather pick a different spell that you may use more then just once.
    I just find it a waste to put in on my LAS bar. SPECIALLY in a raid were i'm sure 1 of the 40 people would have a similar kind of debuff that is mayby better.

As a tank I rather take some more survivability/threat gaining ability (depending on how hard it is to hold aggro or how many ''oh <REDACTED>'' buttons you may need).

Also may I ask why you didn't put any Bots in your settup? I know they can tank without them but for example, when I see the T4 bonus of the bruiser bot I can't help but think that he will top off some other effects. Is it a passive 25% deflect chance? Because that is pretty strong!
    Reduce the bio shell points.....(seeing as you only use it to pull) and get 1-2 point from the recursive matrix and rather put in that bot with it's passive?

Also I've always wondered why some people would go for the ''Zap''......
    Personally i'd think that in dungeons/raids depending on the encounter people will have enough spells to CC the boss/mobs. I personally see more use in the ''Obstructor'' seeing as it interupts AND blinds a target. 50% hit chance reduction in my opinion can be quite the life saver for an aditional bonus for your destroy interupt armor spell.
    Depending on how hard it is to keep aggro this is a wise decission :up:

That's my personal opinion though, and note that all things may be different depending the encounter. Don't expect that you'll be doing a full raid with just 1 LAS settup. I expect you to ATLEAST change it 2-3 times in a raid. Heck even within dungeon you are changing it a bit just to get the maximum potential out of your Settup.

Overall:
    Good build for a non pet tanker, but changes may be made to be even better depending on the situation.

And personally I'd take a second look into your usage of both ''Bio-Shell'' and ''Zap'' and what you want from those spells, since there are some serious contesters for your LAS bar :D
    Rest is pretty normal for any Engineer tank to take.
    Arkavien likes this.
  4. Arkavien

Arkavien Cupcake

First of all, thank you so much for the great constructive feedback Extatica!

Completely agreed, and like you said later in your post I will of course have a few builds or at least swap a few abilities based on specific boss mechanics, I was just trying to get a good "base" going.

I like Bio Shell for it's long range (the only 25m Support ability Engineers get that doesn't cost Volatility) and since it's used for pulling almost exclusively the cast time doesn't matter too much, but I can see your point about taking up a slot just for pulling especially in raids when the debuff may be provided by another person. I will have to think about what to do with that LAS slot for sure.

I didn't use any bots because I was thinking as a tank I will have enough to worry about without also managing the positioning and health of two more things. I will definitely be trying out a build with Bruiser and Repair Bot, but I am just not sure how much I will like it, not to mention giving up two Defensive Cooldowns for situational bot stuff that can die and not be available when I need it just doesn't seem great to me, but I could 100% be wrong, especially with the 25% Deflect you get from T4ing the Bruiser (I wonder if it is always, or just when the bot is up) Definitely good feedback and I will be playing with and without bots a ton to see what I prefer for tanking.

This I disagree with, Zap is a stun and Obstructor is a blind, both interupt. I figure 2.5 seconds of enemies doing NO damage to me is better than 3.3 seconds of them doing ~50% LESS damage due to the blind.

I could of course go with neither and take another Defensive cooldown or threat builder and as you say let others CC the boss/mobs...but I am a bit of a control freak and like to do things myself instead of relying on others hehe.

Thanks again for the feedback I will take it all into consideration and go make 1 or 2 new builds......right now actually! ;P
  5. Arkavien

Arkavien Cupcake

http://ws-base.com/builds/view/76-S...4.545.562.532.533.534.549.542.550.551.552.505

I like this website way better for builds, lets me spend AMPs too (although no matter what I do it forces Bruiser Bot into the first slot of my action bar which drives me up the wall)

Modified build with pets, no Zap since Bruiser Bot can interupt, and Repair Bot in place of Volatile Injection. Tier4 Bruiser Bot gives me higher Deflect Rating overall which also made me drop Bio Shell for Feedback since it will be proccing a lot and hopefully provide plenty of threat...also procs are fun. I really hope abililties that only become active under conditions like when you crit or when you deflect are off the global cooldown, otherwise the fact that they JUST do damage might make them obsolete choices in a LAS system, especially for tanking.