1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

looking for ideas on internal systems allowing guild members to keep management in check.

Discussion in 'Guilds, Circles and Warparties General' started by skofan, Apr 7, 2013.

1. Sabre070

Sabre070 Cupcake-About-Town

It's all about running the guild that way, be open with your members, get to know what they want, who they like/hate.

If you can make as many members happy as you can then you'll have a close guild overall. Pretty much the only thing you have to do to keep management in check is not steal from them yourself and you'll be fine.
  2. Tiberius

Tiberius Cupcake-About-Town

Exactly. Skofan, if you chose to not have a guild, power to you, but just keep in mind that being a guild leader isn't all doom and gloom. Unless you're doing strictly endgame content the only thing you need to do to have a successful guild (of any size) is keep in touch with the player base. A guild with no structure but a friendly GM can often be more successful than an aloof GM with a strict ruleset.

Don't be discouraged!
  3. Sabre070

Or join a guild which you know you'll have fun with... uh.. *hint*.

/lamerecruitmentattempt
  4. skofan

skofan Cupcake

actually the goal was to create something rather large, with the guilds primary focus being to promote good behaviour and social interaction on the entire realm, but still have a raid group doing progression slightly below the top of the leaderboards. like not the top 5% guilds, but hopefully in the top 10-15%. and experience tells me that structure is really needed for that to be possible.
    the idea still isnt totally off the table, and im still working on a set of rules, along with a guild manifest. but it seems to be too much work for me alone, so unless i run into a couple of epic guys, who share my vision, and are willing to put in the work to get it launched, it's probably gonna end up as a beautiful idea in a drawer somewhere.

not sure which guild you represent, or if i would fit in. but since you've read a bit about my vision for the perfect guild, and are trying to recruit me, its definitely worth it to look into.
    could you direct me to a place where i can find some info on your guild, and perhaps meet some of the other guys?
  5. Sabre070

Do you play League of Legends? We're going to have a game once the servers are back online (50 mins).

We do all communication through our Teamspeak 3 server: Edit: message me for the IP.

Open to any friendly people, mostly for LoL but we play a wide variety of other games too.
  6. skofan

skofan Cupcake

nope i dont. i tried it, but got really turned off by all the insults flying everywhere. can do teamspeak, maybe by the end of the weekend. my sound gear is boxed up at the moment, and its kindoff a big job to route cables, adjust mic settings, set up mixer and pre-amp, and get it all working properly without feedback and echo on the line. so im a bit too lazy to go set it up right now, and will be leaving for a couple of days by tonight/tomorrow.
  7. Sabre070

Ah ok, well we mostly play that so you might not have THAT much in common with us, though there are people that play a variety of other games. Also, can you edit out the IP (decided I didn't want it THAT public) :p
  8. skofan

skofan Cupcake

fixed, and you might be right. but who knows, maybe we'll run into each other ingame and end up playing together anyway.
  9. Sabre070

That's once Wildstar comes out. :p